Sign in to follow this  
TopGirl

when are you planning to go back to somalia?

TopGirl   

are you going back to somalia for good?

when? if not, why not?

do you think you can live there as permenant resident?

can you picture yourself there?

your contribution does matter to me greatly because im having thoughts of moving to somalia for good and not coming back. but i dont know anything about it.

BOB   

For some reason I am slowly but surely beginning to fully accept that I may never see Somalia again...when I say Somalia I mean my birth place and NO its not Mogadishu...everybod y but me seems to be born there.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Aaliyyah   

I haven't seen back home since I was 3 years old thats back in 1990. I don't have any memories of back home to treasure for the good times that it offered prior to the civil war. All I know is basically what I see on TV and how hopeless it has become. But, that doesn't mean I will give up as of yet, naah am still hoping one day somalia to be reestablished. Not a day went by without adding to my prayers that Allah swt to make the situation back home better. However, that does not mean I want to go back home for good, my parents left there so I can have a better life. Likewise I want the same thing if not better for my kids (when allah blesses me with some). That being said I would love to go back to help my somali people. I wouldn't wanna live there but I would love to contribute in anyway possible. whether its financially or investing in a business back home. After all we play a huge role in reestablishing Somalia for a better future...

salaam

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *BOB:

For some reason I am slowly but surely beginning to fully accept that I may never see Somalia again...when I say Somalia I mean my birth place and NO its not Mogadishu...everybod y but me seems to be born there.

I have accepted a while ago that I may never see Somalia again...And when I say Somalia I mean my birth place - Muqdisho... :D

My mom always says dhulkii wax udhigta...What dhul? Ma dhul labaatan sano holcaayay? Puntland baan dhul ka gadan doonaa, bal ani iyo reer bari tan nakala qabsato hala arko...

Aaliyyah   

Bob I was born in Hargeisa...so I guess that makes two of us :D

Koolkat hoyada way saxsantahay. You can buy lands now and who knows cheaply since some people out there just wanna get rid of their lands since they think they r not gonna return or maybe they have other uses for the money..either way buying a land now and investing in it and maybe selling it when Somalia is in a better condition would be a good investment...(this is my business side talking loool mainly abt making profit)

contributing back home is a whole different story (ie making schools etc)

Kool_Kat   

Sabriya, buy land where? Muqdisho? Kuwii hore oo magac yadeena ku qornaa baaban wax lagu tarin...My mom always keeps all the papers in a save place, as if one day soon Somalia (Muqdisho) will magically return to being peacful again...

EDIT:

You were born in Hargeysa? Does that mean you're a Somalilander? icon_razz.gif

Aaliyyah   

am not sure if its save to go back to Hamar, I was implying buying lands in more safer regions.

Koolkat lol nop am not a Somalilander. Proud somali girl..alhmadulilah!!

salaam

ps. keep those papers safe it'll pay off soon enough :D

Hassan_B   

Somalia is in my heart. My family left xamar when I was eight years. I still remember our villa in xamar jadiid and going to the cool masjid with my brother oh and the beautiful beach of barawe.

I wish to go back if there was peace after all my father still lives in Somalia and he does not intend to move to the west.

PS: sabriya my half sister grew up in hargeisa she might come to the states soon though.

Hassan_B   

Come to think of it my father had a big family and I have relatives in puntland. Depending on how they compare I might go over to puntland under the leadership of Osman NZ and work on their cutting edge solar powered electricity. :cool:

Aaliyyah   

in fact I have relatives in burco, hargaisa, buuhoodle, bosaso, kismaayo, and ofcourse my hometown Laascaanod. When I said I was only born there, I was referring to the fact that I didn't grow up there.

Most of us somalis have relatives that reside almost everywhere in Somalia.

so yeh its good to have wide connections in case you ever decide to reside anywhere around there.

salaam

Too much Negativity the proper Question should have been when are you going back to Murdisho?. waryaada 2bil ka hor baan ka imid Puntland caano iyo barwaaqo, iyo aqal dhis baan ku jiray from Qardho to Nugaal and Eyl, so Puntland is fine by me, but hopefully Murdisho must realize its loosing ppl like me who was born there originally.Good luck if you hoping to go back peacefully to Murdisho.