Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Homeless man, Adan Abobaker plunges into icy Thames to save woman from drowning

Ismalura   

@ blessed abaayo your comment sounds a little hard hearted. The man is homeless ee why ask about cotton sock and bless them :confused: .

Let us remember him in our prayers.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Resistance:

Horta the guy is not homeless as per say, the media needs to portray it as such to sell the story, he lives in a hostel where is awaiting to be housed, which is a common process everyone who wants social housing goes through in this country, and he works as a chef as was stated in the story, so technically he is your average londernor.

Blondy i don't doupt his herosim at all, what he did is noble and was righly lauded by the media, but we ( as in the Somali comm ) need to milk it too much.

Your idea of who a homeless person is is wrong. People living in hostels are considered homeless so don't explain something that you don't really understand your self.

You are right, there is a hero inside all of us but not one as great as him. I wouldn't have the courage to jump into a river to save some one and neither would you (I assume)or the avarage Londerner.

Ibtisam   

A Hero indeed.

I for one WILL not jump into the Thames to save someone who wanted to kill naftoda and jumped. If they fell in wa different story. Anyone who knows what the Thames feels( and in Nov too) and looks like would think 100times before jumping in to save a stranger who wanted out.

May allah make it easy for him. Living in a hostel is hard and in some areas dangerous. The Somali maqaxiis should give him a job, maybe then they will serve decent food.

Bullshid about a hero in all of us, some of you are finding it hard to give credit where is due let alone go out of your way to help someone. :eek: I know some of you here are selfish, self centered so and so, who will never go out of their way to help someone let alone a stranger or dive into a blood river in winter. :rolleyes:

Blessed   

Originally posted by Ismalura:

@ blessed abaayo your comment sounds a little hard hearted. The man is homeless ee why ask about cotton sock and bless them :confused:

Hold your horses, huuno. 'Bless his / your / her cotton socks' is a common phrase used to express great appreaciation, kow dheh. The link I've posted is a discussion of the incident, which lead to talk of how people can help him if they wanted to, which got me thinking of he's lack of possessions.

p.s when I say, 'hold your horses', fardo run ah kama wado ee la soco.. ;)

Ismalura   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

quote:Originally posted by Ismalura:

@ blessed abaayo your comment sounds a little hard hearted. The man is homeless ee why ask about cotton sock and bless them :confused:

Hold your horses, huuno. 'Bless his / your / her cotton socks' is a common phrase used to express great appreaciation, kow dheh. The link I've posted is a discussion of the incident, which lead to talk of how people can help him if they wanted to, which got me thinking of he's lack of possessions.

p.s when I say, 'hold your horses', fardo run ah kama wado ee la soco..
;)
Horta forgive me for not knowing all the English expressions like you do :rolleyes: .

I agree it is is ok to say bless his socks if that is an English expression lakiin why would you ask the if he has cotton socks? Jees jees soo ma aha qof London homeless ku ah in the winter in aan dhahdid does he have cotton socks? See the bigger picture and have a heart for your won sake.

Ps; You said you liked the comments on the link ee you didn't say anything about helping him.

Thierry.   

Ah hero indeed, Somalis in the UK are on a roll (The fella who helped release the Chandlers and now this brother). Let’s enjoy the good times and make Dua for our brethrens across the pond with all their shenanigans.

:D Blessed that cracked me up, make it easy for the rest of the audience they have not all had the pleasure of spending time in London.

PS: My work colleagues are cracking up on the new Egyptian girls name "Effat Kamel"

Ismalura   

The phrase is now a term of endearment for a child who has done something sweet. It is also a way of saying thank-you. Due to its association with "sweet" children and bolstered by Cotton's simplistic views it is often used ironically, thanking someone in a position of authority for suggesting a benevolent, yet simplistic even childish view or solution for a difficult situation. Sometimes just a humorous thank you like " I'll dance at your wedding with bells on.

Link;http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/21676#ixzz16DnOcu3W

Cambridge;http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/bless-their-little-cotton-socks

Apparently it is a common expression but totally inappropriate tin this context. Now it is your turn to hold your horses and go to google :cool:

Blessed   

^Aren't we animated? :rolleyes: If you insist on my heart hardedness, take it to your thousand lakes. I really dhoon keer!

Hello Theiry, Ibtisaam. I miss London. :(