Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Time To Top Up Your imaan

Nur   

An e-Nuri Product Of The Year Nominee

Are Your Engines Running On Low Octane Levels?

For high performance engines, high content of octane is a must, mechanically speaking, each unit of octane powers the engine to do a given amount of work, the lower the octane content in gas, the lower the combustion pressure which in return affects the transfer of power to moving parts in the performance machine.

In car races, performance race cars are powered with the most efficient engines for speed, the load is kept at minimum, so they are built with the lightest materials, and every part that can effect the objective ( SPEED) is optimized for that purpose ONLY.

So at the end of the races, a race car is seen hauled on trucks to be transported to another place, ironically, this vehicle that can go that fast on race tracks becomes that useless outside of the race tracks.

Similarly, Faith or iimaan is like energy, it can not be seen, but its effect can be evident in out lives, the higher the iimaan level, the better our performance as Muslims and as measurable actions, the lower the iimaan octane level, the poorer our Islamic identity and behaviour.

The iimaan octane can get to a critically low levels, and in these instances, the person acts almost contrary to Islam in every sense imaginable, without even realizing that he is low on iimaan octane. That person quits performing prayers, and observing the sharia, his words show contempt for Islam, or hates its restrictions, this person's engine needs overhaul, or may be it is beyound repair.

In an engineering school, some students have noticed that Muslim women on campus to be divided to three types.

1. Hijaab wearing Sisters

2. Jeans and Scarf wearing Transistors

3. Minimally dressed body showing Resistors

In men a similar classification exists, but, men do not have to wear special dress to show their observation of the law, But in their actions, or the lack of, one can tell if they are forward biased toward Islam, conducting both ways, or outright resisting the guidance of siraatul Mustaqeem.

This thread is dedicated to this Low octane Level phenomena, how to diagnose it and how to cure it.

As we all know, every person's level of iiman is not constant over time, on the contrary iimaan goes up when we do good work and goes down when we commit a sin or neglect our duties. So if a person drives his car with low gas for a long time, the car will stop, and likewise if we neglect our duties to Allah for a long time, our iimaan will cease to exist.

This Forums board is the INDY 500 to test this theory.

Let us know if you agree with my analogy and observations or if you'd rather disagree with it partially or oppose it.

Walaalkiin

Nur

--------------------

Kuwa iga da'weyn, waa iga ajar badan yihiin, Kuwa iga da' yar, waa iga dambi yaryihiin .

Baashi   

:D @Transistors.

I guess nowadays you can't swim against stream like the salmons do when that season is fast approaching.

Any electrical engineers in the house :D No? Well look it up and see what you make up of Nur's analogy. Very creative, I must admit.

All my four faryareeys are up for the creativity category.

Another classic

Looking forward to the month of Ramadan for a good vehicle inspection. Particularly, I am thinking to refresh the computer memory.

Thanks Nur.

Kashafa   

The Sisterhood of Woman's Suffrage doth protest too much. At my school, Sisters, Transistors, and Resistors is pretty much accurate. Reality bites, huh.

Nur, make a category for the guys. One of the unwritten rules on SOL: Appease the Feminists smile.gif

This should explain the enginering terminology:

Originally posted by Baashi:

Now, let me help out the ones who have little understanding about the terms used in this creative post.

Resistors and Transistors are electrical components that control the follow of electrical current. The former resist the follow of the current and the later modulates and/or controls the follow of the current. Nur?s theory as I understood it substitutes the attitude of the Hijab dress code as the current these component are meant to control.

Sister is the one who embraces Hijab wholeheartedly. They are perfect conductors. No resistance there.

Transistor
is the one whose taste of Hijab as the best dress code is modulated by the fashion of the day. She acts as a switch controlling the dress taste according to which fashion is in or which one is out!

Resistor
is the one who just cannot imagine herself as a veiled sister. The four-yard yellow, kaki, or black wardrobe just does not cut it for her (perception being the wardrobe are limited to these). In addition, the Levi jeans and ?cabaya? is one step short from the glory so I might as well go for it, she reasons. All these pretty curves have to be revealed for all to see...the natural beauty must be enhanced with Western product and it must be celebrated and showcased! The effect is undeniable: heads turn...attention, compliments, etc.

^ I am under the impression that the only 'beast' in here is you.

And thanks for C&P-ing the terminology explanation. It makes the labels much less general. Pigeon-holes are great things, I say.

Kashafa   

You sarcasm a) is lost on nobody, b) lacks that ooomph factor. Lessons are in short order.

That aside, Tryna facilitate a discussion here, lassie( Aerosmith sounds too Scottish, you will understand I hope ?). Will it be Sister-Resistor-Transistor ?

I dont see much of a discussion here. I simply see labels and I have never been fond of labelling.

Now, who do you recommend I should see in order to oomph up my sarcasm? I can't have a little green geel-jire like you looking down on my skills. Nope...this needs immediate remedy.

Nephissa   

^^ Pack it up guys! Save this rough play for the backyard.

I'd like to know if there's something in between Transistors and Resistors?