Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Against the Saudization of Somaliland

Rahima   

what i dont agree with its the

Abu Dawood narrates that ... no part of her body should be seen but this-and he pointed to his face and hands

This is third-party news, accepted or not, it relates information 3 hops down the communication chain. Now come the questions? if you can take what Abu Dawood says as the firm unbaised, not embedded in specific cultural or social norms, then fine. but you cant expect this to imply longer/bigger the better for every one.

It is a sahiih hadith Caano Geel :confused: . You cannot not believe in this as a Muslim, unless of course you too deny the Sunnah of Rasuallah, which then would mean we have nothing to discuss also.

And obviously the more observant a woman’s dress is of the stipulations, the better she is covered. This is logic walaa ;) .

however you forget that the man is addresing wahhabism, not islam.

I don’t believe in the existence in this so-called wahaabism. Also even if were to accept its existence for arguments sake, is the xijaab part of wahaabism or part of Islam? The latter I’m sure you will agree, so then tell me, what exactly does he mean “black cloak of ignorance†when referring to the command set by Allah?

its a man expressing his opinions.

Expressing opinions for a Muslim should have limits, unless of course you do not care about your akhira, then think and word off what you so wish, but be ready for the consequences. Mockery is not a light matter Caano Geel, and I suggest you repent from your episode of it also ;) .

Rahima said:

Although I’m sure this will come across as rude (it is not my intention), don’t bother.

I cannot discuss Islamic issues with a person who denies the Sunnah.

Probably the best statement in this whole thread.

Rahima, you are a Muslimah and there is no need to go in circles with an individual who "questions" the sunnah itself. Absolutely a waste of your precious time.

This debate was about the legitimacy of Alleubaahne's habaar and it was going ok until Socod-Badane turned it into a play ground for questioning the basics of Islamic belief.

Just have a glimpse of why the Sunnah is important. This is very brief.

Alle-u-baahne, pray for Bashir Goth instead of cursing the brother. Bashir Goth needs prayers not curse. Habaar is not something we expect from a nomad.

PS: Notice my double standard. :D Nomads always curse warlords and pray to Allah “they†disappear from the face of the earth or “burn in hellâ€. Such statements are always ignored by SOL staff. There is no clear line as to what should or shouldn’t be deleted when it comes to this issue of habaar. Mabye SOL should draw a line somewhere.

Caano Geel, Rahima iska celi hee now. Wallee meel bay kaaga soo hari hadalkaagii baa bataye. :D

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Now, my question is are you one of them, the ultra-secularists at large in SOL?

No, I'm not part of any group. I follow my conscience, common sense and deen as I see it fit and don't give a whit about what anyone else says.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

This debate was about the legitimacy of Alleubaahne's habaar and it was going ok until Socod-Badane turned it into a play ground for questioning the basics of Islamic belief.

I feel like a lone cat in a kennel 1230.gif

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

AFTER HAVING READ THE FIRST FEW LINES OF THE ARTICLE, I GOT A LITTLE SENSE OF WHERE IT'S HEADED. IT'S NO SURPRISE TO ANYONE FOR SOMEONE OO KU AFDILAAC SADAY GALBEEDKA, TO CALL THE DRESS CODE OF MUSLIM WOMEN A SIMPLE CHOICE . WHAT HE DOESN'T REALIZE IS THAT IT'S OBLIGATION UPON THE BELIEVING WOMEN TO COVER THEIR HEAD TO THEIR TOES FOR SELF RESPECT IS IN THAT FOR THEM. I CAN BOTHER TO READIT ,SINCE IT'S WELL WRITTEN BUT THE POINTS THAT HE MAKES ARE JUST MINDLESS AND BASELESS.

SALAMU CALAYKUM AND RAMADAN KARIM.