Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Somali Voices

Baluug   

I'm surprised at the amount of people that laugh at me when I tell them I want to live in Somalia someday insha Allah. Some of them say they would rather stay in Canada, and have given up hope on a peaceful Somalia. I could understand if you were born in Canada, or came here when you were young, but Somalia is still your country no matter what. I've seen T-shirts and bumper stickers with that phrase LOL. But after seeing this trailer for the documentary Somali Voices and seeing some Somali people that actually want to go back for good, at least I don't feel like a freak anymore. :D

P.S. LOL@ the guy in the grey shirt, I just wish I knew what he's saying, better go ask the wife....

Pacifist   

MC haha thanks for the video suprisingly I saw some friends in video funny :D ... and the guy in the floral grey shirt is saying that the youth of today who are wearing pants below the waist, girls almost naked, tatoo's, kids becoming part of the gang and all the "yo yo wasup momma crew" to return to their roots and something along those lines. Mashallah its great to see brothers like you who love Somalia and want the best for it. Your quite a good representation,,,pass my greetings to your wife and the family.

On the other hand I didn't grow up in Somalia and would have loved to see what beautiful things, I often hear. Ofcourse it is the land of my hooyo and aabo macaan(allahu naxariso)loved so much and we should not forget and lose our culture.

So MChamar am in the same boat as you. Peace and love to the motherland.

Guhaad   

somehow i never get tired of that dude, he is just too funny. he gives a quick overview of some of the problems in the West. my best part is when he tells of the father that is kicked out of the house by one of the kids and they call the police on him. i just couldn't imagine having kids inside the house while the father is ouside waiting to be handcuffed. smile.gif

J.Lee   

I saw some friends in video funny

Lol. I saw couple of familiar faces too especially the first 3 commentators, you know what I'm saying. :D

It seems like a cool documentary. I haven't watched it yet but I plan to insha'allah.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Pacifist:

So MChamar am in the same boat as you. Peace and love to the motherland.

Ghazalah miyaa? Can't believe I didn't notice you before....

RedSea   

The dude in the blue shirt is my cousin. His name is Muhammed.

Mr. MCxamar, why not come with me to live in Hargeisa while Xamar is still recovering from the wars. Hargeisa has everything that you would want in Somali city, so what do you say? be my guest. ;)

RedSea   

King, Mcxamar is not a Somali, he is a fellow Muslim though.

How Mcxamar came to being not a Somali is a long story, so you just have to PM him about that.

Janna   

MC,

Enter Somalia and consider your dead body flown back to Canada. Or dragged blooded through the villages of Xamar. :D A replay of 1993

By all means, go back to Somalia.

Personally, I'm interested in living a good life. And right now, that is abroad. Somalia has nothing to offer me. Actually, it's to the contrary. I have alot to offer to Somalia, however, I don't know how I can ever survive there seeing the present and consistent condition the nation is in. Sad, but true.