Sign in to follow this  
BOB

My Druggie Lifestyle: True Life Drama.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

This is the real life story of a Muslim sister named Leila*.

Many people want what they don't need and need what they don't want.

Part 1:

As I was about to let out the smoke from one of my puffs I saw cops just few meters away waving down cars. I panicked and literally threw the stubs just steps away from the cop who stopped our car, who bent down, looked at me and said we can go. If you ask me I know without a shadow of a doubt that on this occasion I got lucky as the only reason I got off scot free was because the cop was my fellow Muslim and I was wearing a headscarf .

Before I go on, I ask you, the reader to close your eyes and conjure up an image in your mind of a person that you perceive to be a drug addict. I ask this of you, for in my mind the average individual drug taker would have been someone with ripped pants, a creased white shirt, trendy takkies and spiked/streaked hair. However, should someone ask this of me today, I would simply close my eyes and see MYSELF.

A conservatively dressed Muslim female in her mid twenties adorned in clothing similar to the likes of Hijaab, with strict upbringing in an "old-fashioned" Muslim home. Shocked? Why? Is it because I say female or because I say Muslim female in hijaab like attire?

This is my Personal Story:

There I was, sometime in 2002 in the midst of my road to recovery, confiding in one of my closest friends, who remained shocked, possibly even until today that someone like me had a weakness for an intoxicant like dagga! I remember all too well the first time.

I had smoked dagga, feeling dizzy and having trouble walking, being silly and giggling for no reason, having red bloodshot eyes and having hard time remembering things that had just happened. How did dagga make me feel?

Well, sometimes it made me feel relaxed others high. Most times, I felt thirsty and hungry; an effect I later came to know is called "Munchies" by my fellow druggies.

Marijuana definitely changes one's personality it can make the shy feel outgoing, the weak feels strong and the boisterous seem mouse-like. Instead of developing these qualities, an addict relies on drugs to produce an illusion that they posses them. Sometimes it seems to me that I can see the lives of two people when I look back on my life today...the one person who wanted only to be the all loving sister/ child and the other that strived to be accepted by all friends.

My days of smoking pot can be traced back to 1995, during my early years at campus where I was first introduced realities of the real world, with people from different diversities and wide range of cultures, each with their own thoughts and perceptions. It was amazing to see people from different walks of life all conjured up at one institution and I embraced this change positively, knowing that I had a thing or two to learn from them all. Little did I know at that time I would master the art of cleaning dagga and rolling, perhaps the perfect stiff.

I still remember the very first story related to me by one of my closest friends during a so-called night study session, which often at times was just an added session of bonding and socializing.

My father, being as strict as he was, was totally against me leaving home at night to go to University until the early hours of morning, but somehow I convinced him to trust me and to trust that I was going solely for the betterment of my future. As time surpassed these nightly study sessions turned out to be a full time occupation with most of us sharing stories of our distant past in an attempt to strengthen these newfound friendships.

The more stories told, the more my urge to try at least one dagga joint. We were a group of about 8 to 10 people, out of which only two of us had not even tried grass. A few days later, we were sitting around at one of our friend’s houses and that night it was just four of us chatting, when one of them calmly pulled out a packet of what to me looked like grass. I asked what that was and, calmly he explained it was dagga and that he needed to have a smoke desperately as he was feeling very uneasy. As they sat there smoking the stuff they asked me if I would like to try some.

I half-heartedly declined twice even though I knew that deep down in my heart that I did in fact want to see what the BIG DEAL WAS ABOUT. I wanted to be able to say "Been There Done That". As I sat there, contemplating whether to take the first puff, a million thoughts ran through my mind...in spite of that I could not resist the factor of PEER PRESSURE.

I took my first puff. I still remember how they remarked that I was natural. At that time I felt like a don knowing that I handled the intake well, but now as I look back on that moment, my heart is filled with regret and sadness that I did not possess more faith to abstain from it.

My friends questioned me a million times, asking me how I felt, what I felt and if I was all right. At first, I felt nothing and I could not understand the pleasure they derived from such a silly thing. However, seconds later I felt like I was literally walking on clouds. I was so light headed and slightly dizzy and went on yapping and laughing at the most ridiculous things. There was a point where they asked me to 'SHUT UP'!

We were two girls and two boys, later in the evening, one of the boys and the girl left, as they apparently felt a heightened sexual desire and need to go relive the pressure. I was still buzzing and oblivious to every one around me.

So here I was, all alone in this three bedroom house with a male. Not only was I intoxicated but also to add insult to my wrong doings, I allowed myself, young Muslim female of sound family and Islamic values, to be alone with a non Mahram man who was in an altered state of mind. Anything could have happened that night. Had he been a man filled with lust I could have easily have tarnished my life by minutes of intoxication. For a few moments of pleasure, I could have ruined my entire future.

The four of us got together on campus the following day and laughed about it, having already planned to meet again for another session of smoking, I was the first to pitch up at my friend's house that evening. The same routine as before, except this time I smoked one joint entirely on my own and was very high, very high indeed.

All I remembered from that night was watching the beginning of some James Bond movie and waking up long after the movie was completed to ask my friends what happened?

The ritual of this smoking pot and eating away, carried on for weeks on end before I knew it I was smoking 3-4 joints a day. In no time, the word spread amongst the friends that I took to dagga and suddenly everyone wanted me to smoke with them.

They were amazed that a MUSLIM GIRL DRESSED IN A CLOAK AND SCARF was so ultra cool that she even tried dagga. Our circle of dagga smoking friends grew and I started smoking it everyday. (That's when I first heard of Leila's story through my friends & classmates)

The time came when I was told that I could not just smoke it and let the boys do all the work. I too had to learn how to roll and clean. That's when I acquired the art of how to clean and roll. In no time, I rolled better spliffs than those boys that had been doing it for years. whilst other normal Muslim females were at home with their parents helping the house chores or reading Qur'aan in their rooms or praying.

Here I was asking my friends whether they want to mix the dagga with tobacco or whether they wanted a "CLEAN GREEN". Having learnt the art of rolling it meant that I could get my high anytime I wanted. I suddenly started craving for a fix all the time and soon realized that getting the drug was easy as smoking it. In no time, I was like a mobile DAGGA MACHINE, not only smoking the drug but also carrying large amounts in my handbag. The boys suddenly became my best friends and made me part of their everyday plan as I had come to being known as the "COOLEST" slum chick around.

To Be Continued Insha Allah...

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ms DD   

Subhaannallah. This reminded me of when I was in college and were waiting for the lecturer in the class. Before he came, one of my classmate rolled a joint and passed it around the table. Alhamdulilaah I didnt touch it as it smelt. It was easily availabale and it is possible how one can get addicted. I have even noticed how some muslims hated the alcohol but were more accepting drugs.

May Allah save us.

Urban   

I came close to smoking weed and shiisha on the same night a while ago, but alhamdulilah I did't even touch them. I also wanted to see what all the fuss was about.. and I realise now that that's how it starts in most cases..

BOB, thanks for posting this bro, we're waiting for pt2..

Baluug   

There was a time between 1997-2001 that if you looked up the word "pothead" in the dictionary, you would see my picture.

BOB   

O ALLAH...WE ask you integrity and soundness in our religion, our lives, our families and our possessions.

O ALLAH...conceal our faults, pacify our fears and guard us from what is in front of us and behind us, from what is on our right and on our left, over our head and under our feet.

O ALLAH...Grant health to our bodies.

O ALLAH...Grant health to our hearings.

O ALLAH...Grant health to our sights.

O ALLAH...Grant health to our minds.

O ALLAH...grant health to our hearts.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from the feebleness of old age.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from the temptation of our youthful exuberance.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you against difficulties, calamities, troubles, oppression and ridicule of enemies.

O ALLAH...Grant us the best of outcomes in all our affairs and save us from disgrace in this world and from punishments in the hereafter.

O ALLAH...We ask of you to bestow your mercy upon all of us, to forgive us, to protect us from eevry sin, to give us a share of every good and grant us the attainment of the Jannah and salvation from the fire.

O ALLAH...We ask for health, for integrity for good character and that we may be pleased with our portion.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from worry & sorrow.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from impotence.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from stinginess and cowardice.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from the burden of debt and pain.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from degradation and destitution.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from ruin and bankruptcy.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from senility.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from the evil we did and from the evil that we did not know.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from wickedness, vanity and pride & show.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from your anger and your displeasure.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from greed and every forbidden acts.

O ALLAH...We seek refuge in you from drugs, vile actions, desires and ridicule of enemies.

O ALLAH...We ask for a mercy from you by which you will guide our hearts, settle our affairs, remove our fears, protect us from what is unseen, make us face radiant, purify our deeds, inspire us with wisdom and avert illness and misfortune.

O ALLAH...You hear our words, you behold our situations, you know what is open and what is hidden within us, nothing is hidden from you. WE ARE the lowly ones indeed. humble seekers of your forgiveness. we beseech you with humility in our hearts, with trembling and fear, in prostration and utter helplessness.

O ALLAH...Protect us from robberies, hijackings, muggings and assaults.

O ALLAH...Protect our homes, our businesses, our possessions and protect our children from all the sins.

O ALLAH...Grant us soundness of belief, goodness of character, forgiveness of our sins and our parents' sins and may you grant us and all the muslims around the world YOUR ETERNAL PLEASURE.

May Allah's Blessings Be Upon Muhammad (P.B.U.H) and His Family & His Companions.

Amiin Ya Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Part 2:

When I started on Dagga, it was with three other friends. Weeks later, I had mixed with an entire BROTHERHOOD of pot smokers, who made sure that we got our fix for the day at any cost. I befriended and got close to three different groups of boys who studied with me, which meant that I was smoking nearly all day.

I would walk into campus around 8, sit around for a bit saying hello to everyone, the first bunch of boys would arrive at around 9 and ask me to join them for drive and I would oblige.

We would go to a nearby ground and smoke at least two joints, after which we would return to campus and space out on the resting benches for a while. Around 12 or so another group of guys would come looking for me and usher me off to yet another session for the day where we would smoke 5 or 6 more between ourselves and chat away for hours. I would go home towards the evening, have supper, tell my parents I was going to study and instead we would lounge around on the isolated grass banks outside the library smoking yet another 5 or 6 more joints.

Surprisingly enough, the stench from the hashish never quite got to my parents; in fact, I doubt they even knew what symptoms to look for. Besides, I was prepared all the time with eye drops and a bottle of perfume for the last minute spray before I made an appearance at home. IN FACT I even sometimes prayed Salaah in a state of intoxication, thinking that by some miracle my dua'as for passing an upcoming test etc. would be answered. The boys would actually wait for me outside the mosque whilst I did my little bit to show that I was still a Muslim.

There were days when 7 or 8 of us (me being the only girl) would miss the day's lectures, go down to the one of the boys' flats close to campus and smoke away all day. On other days we would just smoke, listen to either some Hip hop or reggae music by the legendary Bob Marley who was pretty much the centerfold of marijuana addiction and whose lyrics a person in a state of pure intoxication could only appreciate.

Soon the habit became too costly to support and my normal allowance would barely cover my newfound passion for dagga smoking. Sure, the drugs normally came cheap at a price of R 10,00 a bank packet but the money was needed for the eating madness the high brought along with it.

What was I to do? Simple, LIE to my parents that I had to do all these new photocopies or buy some new textbook, and I actually got more money to support my habit. Therefore, by now, not only was I lying and deceiving my parents, my friends and my classmates whom some of them I got close to, but I also started stealing from my parents.

After few months, I started going with the boys to actually buy the stuff. This one time I went along with two other guys to a very popular street in Durban around 8 at night. We were in a car with tinted windows. When we got there, we parked off for about two minutes and I watched this person pacing the pavement anxiously and then making his way to the car as he realized we were buyers.

As he approached the car I calmly rolled down my window and smiled at him, but much to my surprise he panicked as soon as he came near, he accused me of being part of PAGAD (People Against Gangster-ism And Drugs) because my head was covered with scarf and he took off.

After my friends convinced him him that I was not from PAGAD and after much deliberation, he returned to the window and smiled at me when I took off my scarf. He took the money, handed me the goods and he sneakily called me Ms GOONDAAN.

On another occasion, five of us (2 girls including myself) decided to take a drive to the beach and come back to our hotels to resume work. Of course, we could never just take a drive without smoking, so we first went to buy some and ended up buying two bankies (bank packets). I was the safe keeper of all drugs so both packets were in my bag. We drive to Blue Lagoon (one of the hottest spots and the most beautiful in Durban) sat on the beach and smoked 5 to 6 joints between ourselves.

On the way back to our hotels, somewhere near Kingspark Stadium, the police had set up a roadblock and we were asked to pull over and to get off the vehicle. Strangely enough, the police searched everybody EXCEPT ME.

All I remember doing was trying to recall Ayatul-Kursi in a state of intoxication. Why that Ayah? Well, honestly I don't really know, its just that all my life I had been told that it had many virtues and was quite a powerful Ayah and at the time I was just hoping that one of its virtues will rescue me from being arrested. I am sure that two bank packets of marijuana would have landed me straight to jail. On yet another occasion, we were driving on route to campus, windows open and smoking away in our glory. As I was about to let out the smoke from one of my puffs I saw some cops just a few meters away from me waving down cars. I panicked and literally threw the stub just steps away from the cops who stopped our car, bent down, looked at me straight in the eyes and said we can go, just before we drove off I had a quick look at his nametag and he was a Muslim cop but if you ask me, I know without a doubt that on both these occasions the only reason I got away scot-free was only my SCARF.

My scarf and my attire provided me with enough innocence to make a cop think he was mad if he thought me capable of even lighting a cigarette for a friend let alone marijuana and smoke the whole joint all by myself.

Life for me at the time was a whole lot different. All I wanted at that time was to enjoy my campus friends and be the best friend to all those acquaintances. I never got bored then because I was so busy smoking one-half of the day and recovering in the next half.

I was intoxicated almost 24/7, including weekends at home right under the noses of my unsuspecting parents. There were times when I would show up HIGH at family functions and no one would even suspect a thing, nor question my jovialness. I not only tried marijuana but I also even tried more serious stuff. There were times when we usually mixed it with a muffin mix and baked the perfect muffins that had the same effect of smoking a joint.

There was always a way for everyone to consume dagga, even if it meant I would take a puff and then blow it into my friend's mouth (cause she couldn't exactly pull it in too well) another form of smoking we usually enjoyed as a group was a HOTBOX, where we could cram up in someone's car, make sure all the windows were closed and doors shut and then smoke as many as we could, until we could barely see the next person.

We were so crammed in these cars in such a manner hat breaths and bodies were practically on top of each other at times.

The only time we would open the door is to let someone out when they had trouble breathing. You would think that this could only be done at someone’s house out of fear of being caught, but no, we did it on the campus soccer grounds, which were usually patrolled by campus security.

If we were ever caught, all we had to do was either hand security a few spilffs or make place in the car for him to.

There were times when dagga was hard to come by for some seasonal purposes. Of course, we had that covered to. One of our friends that had his own flat decided he would grow it for us.

The 3rd and Final Part To Follow Soon When The Madam (Leila) Is Ready...Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ariadne   

I was under the impression of someone confessing to banging H and being addicted to some other sort of hard D.r.u.g (with a capital D)

But it was just pot.....I don't smoke pot anymore.... I eat it... in cookie form :D from time to time

I think more people should smoke pot... think about how much men smoke a big fattie and then go home and beat their wives.

And for women a lot of women who don't climax ...after a few tokes get toe curling climaxes

Omer   

KHAT is good for you its the source of medicine that can cure stress and gives u a high successful rate in attracting women