Sign in to follow this  
money

Man Food ? Women Portion?

money   

EDreviewNgon_Article.jpg

As I saw this, I wanna go to the restaurant and eat. it is a food crave and I am so damn hungary now. But it is too little for me. I want more Hilib and Bariis. Gimme more roasted goat- leg iyo sarar ...and instead of the wine - i will go for ..more like aqcua minerale... I think this is a woman's portion. Am I right here fellas?

is there a man food or women food? girls don't get tempted and gain more weight...you are already xusul baruur!

What food makes you feel good or want more to eat?

Do you have comfort food? Do you crave for special kind of food? Do you cook your food? or eat out ?

Ashkiro   

Goodness, that meat looks God-awful.

I hate to cook, well can't cook at all. Love to go out, mediterranean being my favorite dishes. comfort food is chocolates i crave white chocolates especially lol, ice cream, basically junk food.

That looks like white mans food

I love my bariis iskudax karis and hilib huris and haa i'm a top cook, i'll give jamie oliver a run for his money anyday haha

Waqoyi men can't cook, thats a fact!

Ibtisam   

^^^It is not that they cannot cook Bella, it is that they think waa ceeb and unmanly. In Burco even ladies baa biyo uusakak kuu shuuba (dirty water) guys who cook! They point and go look, look naagti baa soo socoto, all because he cooks his own food or washes his clothes. Yaab and kiibir.com. I think in the west most learnt how to make toast and beans [if you can call that cooking] :D

Money that looks like WHite mans food, looks uncooked.

Abtigiis   

^^^^ And why do you feel the ladies in Burco are wrong? Is there no room for being different than the people in the West when it comes to division of labour? Who says theirs is the yardstick for being right and wrong? Do you realise in the East - China, India, Japan, Middle East and Africa etc (which comprise the bulk of the homosapeins that live in planet earth), indeed have similar job divisions and it is serving them well so far?

Having said so, I am not for or against men cooking or not, but that for you to describe social traditions as yaab and Kibir is wrong. Aping others mannerisms apart, it is myopic. Don't try to impose certain values (however humane they seem from the outset) onto us!

I will say Yaab@gabadhwareertay.cadaan.UK!

Ibtisam   

A&T it is not about values. It is about survival and the ability to take care of yourself without depending on a female. There is no shame in feeding yourself, in fact it is ultimate nacsnimo if you cannot keep yourself clean and fed and sheltered regardless of if you are a man or women. There is a reason we’ve been blessed with a mind, two arms and legs. To make use of it.

There is clear distinction between roles in life for a man and women AND inability to feed and take care of yourself. It is like saying a women does not need to learn to work or basic skills because the traditional role is for her to stay at home, therefore she should just learn how to cook, clean and have children. It is necessary for everyone in life to be a well rounded person.

What if your wife is ill or dies, what will become of you and your kids?? You will have to remarry the next day or find yourself yet another female to burden your needs with.

My ideas are not western as such, nor I’m looking down on different gender roles, clearly there are something’s that ladies are better suited to than men, and visa verse. I’m not denying that, but no one can convince me that it is shameful for guy to make his bread or do his own washing. It is kibri.com. Particularly a Somali guy who is not fulfilling his original role as the head of house, at least IF they were fully fulfilling their role, they may have a leg to stand on.But currently Somali men are dawaco raatkeediian kaa taaktey, tii kaalan gaadi weyed. (My Somali is on a break today; it should say the fox that left its footprints and could not reach the other)

LoooL @ Ibti

it's the same in Hargeisa, there's nothing wrong with a man cooking and doing a LIGHT bit of housework now and then, and in islam it's encouraged but not to the extent that the roles are swapped but i guess some faraxs are still living in the stone age

Abtigiis   

Ibti

I fully agree with your clarifications. Just to let you know unlike the conventional belief that Somali men do not work, they actually participate in house chores to some extent. Not cooking, of course. But something you said is important. SURVIVAL. It is survival that has dictated men has to cook in the west. And the issue of individualism and the state of family cohesion comes to picture when trying to explain how. You should know at one point in time, Somali's will also change. To some extent, those who fled the civil war has adapted.

At home, I see the level of development hasn't yet placed such rigourous demands on the men. But, I am not against the principle.

Finally, hats off for the quick advance you made in your Somali. With this pace, in a matter of weeks, roles will be reversed. I might seek support from you.

“Just to let you know unlike the conventional belief that Somali men do not work, they actually participate in house chores to same extent” :rolleyes:

Abtigiis   
:D Cl- indhuhu miyeyna ku daalin horta. Always rolleyes! Please read SOME in lieu of SAME. Spelling error. At leas, this time, the rolls are justified.

Ibtisam   

A&T Somali men where and what do they do exactly that can be considered as contributing?

P.s. I'm sure there are few good fathers, and few in the west who for their own survival learn how to cook decent food.

Abtigiis   

Some fetch water, and some buy supplies. Not the majority, I agree. But, you must see the other side of the coin. Somali women (not as a blame) don't provide for the house. When the man is tending camels (in rural setting) or is in the office or at the shop (in Urban setting), they are at home. The men might feel that they have a legitimate case if they argue that 'we bring the money, and so they should take care of the house chores'.

In a situation where both are contributing and are coming home back at the same time, it would be unfair to ask her to go to the kitchen alone. Markaa arin kasta context'geeda halagu qiimeeyo.

When I come back from a gruelling day at thelivestock market, all sweats, if she is to ask me to join her in the kitchen, of course wajigaan ka laadi, or if I care for her so much Falaasta shaahaan laadi oon jabin!

Ibtisam   

^^^Women beater. Nevertheless. Haad in Somali guys do jack shiid all day, so the least they can do is wash their own damn dishes. but then again the ladies don't do anything either.

But say for example in the west; if you both leave home same time and return same time, why should the women do her household role and help out with his share by also working. He cannot have it both ways. If he wants or needs her to work in order to have a decent living standard, he also needs to adopt both roles. I.e. sharing her role since she is helping him earn a living for the family. Is that so hard or unfair??