Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Cop tickets a woman in labour!!!

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Resistance:

it was
only
a contaction, not tat i know how it feels.

ONLY! ONLY! As the maahmaah goes 'islaan fadhido lagdin la fudud'... redface.gif :mad: And yes if contractions are three minutes apart, as in the story, it is an emergency...No any woman would want sit around and wait for the ambulance to arrive with contractions that close...

This couple did what any normal couple would've done to prepare for the arrival of their baby...

Let me quote this part again:

The Davises say the contretemps occurred after two other troopers they encountered had waved them along in the highway breakdown lane, allowing them to evade gridlock while advising them to be cautious and keep their hazard lights on.

Marka wadar iyo waaxid keebaa waalan? The cop who ticketed them was just a heartless sob...

Aaliyyah   

Resistance am assuming u're a guy, so perhaps it's our women intuition that is making us feel more sympathy toward that lady..

If you were only in her position u wouldn't talk in this calculated cold manner..(so get some naxariis)

ilaahow wuxu u naxariista dadka dadka kale uu naxariista...

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Resistance:

^ Wat is a case of two wrongs make it right, the 1st two cops were wrong.

You're right, they were wrong to just let them continue on and tell the couple use their emergency lights...One of trooper vehicle should've led the couple all the way to hospital...That would've been the right thing to do... ;)

Baluug   

As a mother, I'm sure KK will always be sympathetic to a woman in labour :D I've seen childbirth twice, so I would be the same way. Trust me Resistance, you can never say they're "only" contractions....

Aaliyyah   

There we go all men are not devoid of compassion we got a man who been there (caadan). I guess Resistance will only feel it when his luved one is in that same position...

winnie   

uhhhm, I'd like to say something in defense of the natives.

Although the native community, like any other marginalized community, cannot use their past as an excuse to give up on aspiring for achievements, the idea that they are being spoon fed is inaccurate, and if you saw their reserves you'd agree that it is a ridiculous assertion to make.

Sure, they don't pay taxes, but they also don't have access to higher education the same way we do. A native has to live on the reserves to be eligible for these economic breaks, and the reserves are not near any educational facilities or urban constructs.

Furthermore, the laws dictate exactly what percentage of an individal's biological make-up must be "native", to stay in the reserve, thus indirectly enforcing the idea that they have to stick to their own kind... a "kind" that people recognize to be "lazy and drunk", as you put it. The stereotype, unfortunately, isnt completely inacurate, but like all stereotypes it gives a flat picture.

The community has been stricken with direct government sabotage, and yet the government gives them incentives to stay there and basically cut themselves off from the rest of the world.

As Muslims, we can appreciate how the family is a micro level community, and if you've studied Canadian history, you can see how the government has done a lot to not only break this bond but has successfully damaged the family construct so much so that sexual abuse, drug abuse, domestic violence are common in the reserves.

Everyone has this notion that natives are just happy getting drunk and not paying taxes, which sometimes may be the case, but we seem to be ignoring the tragedy as to how the community got there.

Spoon fed? no.

Crippled? in my opinion, yes.

Aaliyyah   

Winnie I understand how they got there history wise that is, and I know they are not happy. How can one be happy and drunk at the same time. But they need to get a wake up call and change their ways. Yes, those Europeans are to blame for how natives turned out. But, its time they stopped blaming others and started improving their communities. That been said, the same applies to somalis. Who are almost following the same steps, and we tend to blame of the war back home and how we are victims and what not. But, the past is the past right and parents need to realize that they need to figure out a way to discipline their kids who are getting out of hand....

we have to think abt the future, not the past. People who always think about the past, are stuck there. Obviously, they wouldn't progress from that point. It's time to work on our future as somalis thats. And, hopefully for those natives.....lets stop making excuses for their failings as well...and even our setbacks. Lota parents you would see them going ...allah caruurteday way xunyihiin sababto ah waa dalka gaalada ah aan joogo ...that's not true....how many people are cultured, educated, and religious regardless of where they live or grew up, lets even put religion out of the conversation. But, how many people are leading successful lives even though they were raised here?? it has nothing to do with the context but rather how the parents raised their kids....that plays an important role.

ok I think I discussed too many things here n there ...hehehe

I must be tired...hopefully I made some good posts for you to reflect on, so you can stop defending failing communities... ;)

take care folks

Kamaavi   

Funnily enough it was you're innocent carings for all nomads, and now for me that dragged me into this thread.

Thanks Aaliyah, I'd say you have a LOT to answer for. lol :D (smile smile.gif )