Sign in to follow this  
Lake Da agony

So this girl wanted to look like beyonce.......

beyoncesalonST290604_300x450.jpg

This is

LONDON

29/06/04 - London news section

The hair-do from hell

By Elizabeth Hopkirk, Evening Standard

She had hoped to look like Beyonce Knowles.

But what should have been a relaxing trip to the hairdresser turned into a nightmare for 22-year-old Ebony Glanville.

The student suffered what appeared to be an allergic reaction to hair dye used during her trip to the salon. Her scalp, face and eyes swelled severely within a few hours of the treatment.

Today, almost two weeks later, Ms Glanville is still taking steroid medication. She now plans to sue the salon she claims is responsible.

She said: "I left the salon at 8pm on the Friday and the next day my scalp started itching and I saw blood and dye on my headscarf.

"I went to hospital and they gave me some tablets, but when I woke up on Monday the top of my head was three times bigger than normal and my eyes were swollen as well.

"I looked like Frankenstein's monster. I could hardly see anything and I was really scared because I truthfully thought I was going to stay like that. I thought I was going to go blind.

"I wanted to look like Beyonce not ET." She added: "My mum calls me the Elephant Man. I have hardly spoken to anyone because I could see from the corner of my eye that people were giving me funny looks."

Miss Glanville paid £140 to have her hair dyed and micro-weave hair extensions added at Doreen Hair Fashions in Finsbury Park. She added a ?5 tip.

The owner of the salon is out of the country but a member of staff claimed Miss Glanville must have been allergic to the black dye used.

Miss Glanville, who lives in Stonebridge and is studying counselling, said she was still feeling the after-effects. "I am on crutches because I get weak. The dye is still in my system. My eyes are jet black. It looks like someone's punched me in the eye.

"When you go to a salon you put your trust in them. I have spoken to a solicitor and they are going to try to sort it out. I want an apology and compensation."

A spokesman for Accidents Direct, the compensation claims company contacted by Miss Glanville, said: "She definitely has a case."

The Doreen salon website says: "We do our upmost (sic) best to make you feel beautiful ... all of our customers leave with beautiful hair and most of all, a smile on their faces."

What a sight. Shes among the few people who have allergies to some componenets of cosmetic dyes. It was her duty to tell them in advance if she knew she had allergies to stuff.

And the staff at the hairdressors were supposed to test the product before they applied it on her.

So it seems she really has a case of negligence of the staff.

All I can say is Alhamdullilah Ala Kulli Hale.

Im greatful in the way I have been created/blessings given by Allah.

Feel sorry for people who still want to imitate others in appearances.

Warmoog   

Wow, I don't what's worse; the poor girl's traumatic mishap or this ...

Originally posted by G0ldenchild:

"My mum calls me the Elephant Man."

Way to go Mom. Plant the seeds for an emotional disorder, why don't you? I hope the girl wins her lawsuit... she can use the money to pay for counselling.

OG Moti   

She doesnt look that bad... and I see some similarities with Beyonce.... Anyway dont you guys think she deserves what she got, for trying to look someone else... why cant we all be happy what god gave us... beside who says Beyonce looks good, anyway I hope she and others will learn from this experience, life is full of experiences... and look at the bright side, she is still alive, peace

Salaan...

What is up with madoow and timo? Wherever they are--be in Africa or Caribbeans--they are beyond obsession of hating the way their natural hair looks.

I believe 20 percent of their income is wasted spendings on hair accessories--from braiding with fake hairs to weaves to burning with softeners {relaxers} to ultimately with a fake extension. {Just take a look at Serena Williams and her sister.}

Anybody who watched Malcolm X's autobiography movie would recall at the beginning of the movie when the character Spike Lee plays, and Denzel Washington's Malcolm X burn their hair with a hurtful chemical liquid. Spike Lee chose those particular scenes in that film to emphasize and stress how far his community's obsession with hair--from relaxing to burning--went.

Their preoccupation of "softening" their hair is embarrassing. Longing desperately to have what other races have, it is shamefully sad.

Be happy with what you have!

NGONGE   

Way to go Mom. Plant the seeds for an emotional disorder, why don't you? I hope the girl wins her lawsuit... she can use the money to pay for counselling

She’s a 22-year-old woman. A bit too old to be wrapped up with cotton wool, don’t you think? (Well, unless the cotton wool would help with the swelling maybe).

What is up with madoow and timo? Wherever they are--be in Africa or Caribbeans--they are beyond obsession of hating the way their natural hair looks.

It’s a funny picture. It’s just an allergic reaction, people. In most cases this can be treated and the person goes back to being their normal selves again.

Most of you are turning it into some big drama. She’s a woman after all and women do everything in their power to try to look good. It’s not about being black or green, saaxib. So, get of your high horses and clam down. She didn’t try to get plastic surgery or anything of the sort, she only tried t dye her hair. Many of our Somali women do it with Henna (even some men do it), does that mean they want to “change what Allah (swt) gave them?” :confused:

Juxa   

subxanalah, i know that salon!

ameenah, plans changed, we definetly not going near finsbury park.

seriously, we all try to do bits and pieces, help nature and try to bring the best out of ourselves!

qurux dukaan ay taal bilaash looma dhihin! u may have natural good looks, bt u can enhance it.

everything hurts to a degree! plucking eyebrows, bakini wax, hair dye,u name it,it is ouch

that lady has a good case! it even look like GBH. emotional distress though it wont be same as the hillbrough case. she has inflicted on herself. so maybe contributory negligence.

onething for sure, claim direct rip pple off. get a normal KHAN solicitor

Viking   

Maskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar,

It's the hangovers from slavery and colonialism.

White peope spend enormous sums of money on their skin, especially facial make-up. It's a billion dollar industry.

NGONGE   

Seriously, even after spending all that money. I don't give women with extensions and shit a second look at all.

It doesn’t sound, as if you would need to give them a second look, saaxib. Having checked out their extensions and shit (sic), it seems like you’re still having a long first look. :D