Sign in to follow this  
OG Moti

I am going to Hargeysa soon inshaAllah -- any tips?

og_moti, DONT GO!!

My dad is there no! every time i call there, i fight with dam operator!! man! i call and they ask, oh! maxad ku dhoni isga! i go well, hes my father! ( not those words but u get my drift)!! one guy had the nerve to ask me why i speak af reer xamar!! i told him cuz i come from a bigger place!! he laughed so hard!!

go to djbouti and enjoy!! ;);) time 4 some reel african queens!lolo.. forget about them 2 timing sistas in the congret jungle!! lololol..

imagine! huuno maxadh keley dooni!! u cant bet that!! :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^looooooooooooooooooooooooool so basicly u r advising him not to go there, but what makes u so sure that cambodian brother can survive in Xamar?

rudy....what did da operator say? lool

OG Moti   

^^ PR loool come to Cambodia and if u survive 2 weeks i will early retire from my job and becoming your first follower if you decided to become a War Lord ;) looool peace

LANDER   

OG-Moti,

Enjoy yourself in beautifull Hargeisa you've already received most of the practical advice except for one thing, try not to be too flamboyant with your political views. You might draw some unwanted attention.

OG_MOTI sxbkeey aniga waan kuu sheegay BURCO lee ha isku aadin, hadiid aadid nah make sure markaad ka soo baxdid MAANO KOOBIYODA kuugu soo horaysa in aad isku soo qortid.....because meeshaas qof tagay oon fiyuus yaal ka soo qarxin wali ma arkin ani :D:D

war macal kuwii talephonka ka jawaabaayey aa meel laga mari la'yahay macadalaa kuwa face to face aan isku arki doontiin..........ani hadaan ahaan lahaa basbaas badan intaan jeebka ku shubto kii ila hadlaba indhaha shab iga siihaa.....is barta heeee abaaaba :mad: :mad:

asxantu

OG-Moti...So you are finally going home. Well ppl have already told all the practical advices, just avoid the following phrases, Agah, War boowe, Ya Xaatiri, Nooh,...LooL.Lately Hargiese Admin have been super sentative and allergic to all things Somali. So, watch your tongue!. Other than that,Sland/its ppl are both beautiful.I spent early child there with my grandparents, and it was really great. So enjoy the trip. N yeah try to prefect your qaldaan accent, unfortunately mine faded away.

Have safe trip bro.

OG Moti   

Lander, Shooboro, thanx once again.. and i sure will enjoy.. i think wearing a T-shirt that says I Survived Cambodia.......... i guess that should give them a hint to not to talk to me at all and wait what i have to say about indhoyar world. smile.gif

Che sxb good to see an old nomad, havent seen u for awhile.. hope you were not planning revelution on some small country in somewhere on earth.. and about your advice bro dont worry AGA is international word now, people use it all over the world .. some UN report was saying it might soon replace the word "DUH" or "aaye" .. so i guess it wont be a problem.. good to see u again on action.... peace

N.O.R.F   

Have a safe jounery OG!

Aburti, wacneyde, illahey sameyee, REAR BURCO AHEYDEE :Dicon_razz.gif

Bal ta usoojowaab!

Sa waaye duqa no? icon_razz.gif

Paragon   

OG-Moti, unless you have atleast Ten thousand dollars in your bank account, or happily married in Camboda, we (meaning I) cannot not grant you a Visa To Hargeysa. No no sir, we can't, we just can't. Suits you sir, suits you! :D

PS: Enjoy your deserved holiday sxb. Halka kheyriyaha isugu kaa ya keen yaah?

rudy

looooooooooooooooooool I have meet ppl like that before!!!!!!!!!!!! i hade this wicked ladie askin me my clan over and over again! she said"are you sure that you are not %%%%%%%%" damn it i said with a angery voice "get off my back!,i have told you my clan i more then once!"

Kowneyn   

OG:

I was back home last summer and I can tell you its an exciting time to be in Somaliland. I am sure you will enjoy your visit. Among the many unique things Somaliland happens to offer is a rich spiritual heritage and if you are religious tourist you certainly will not be disappointed. The region which encompasses Harar of ethiopia, Somaliland and Yemen's xadramawt region is unique in the high density of saints buried in its bosom, in fact its hard to travel few hundred meters without seeing the flagpost or a tomb of a wali. This region extending accross the red sea was often referred to as the land of sainthood.

Important sites of note in Somaliland include aw barkhadle--the tomb of the great saint sheikh yusuf al-Kowneyn, berbera which has a large density of mosque most of them old, between berbera and burco is the town of sheikh with its hilltop tomb of sheikh aw qutub a descendant of sayyidina abu bakr siddique and the coastal town of Maydh on the eastern coast of Somaliland where lies the beach-front tomb of the Shaykh of shuyuukh, Al-Muhajir ila Allaah al-Sayid Isxaaq bin Axmed bin Muxammad, Al-Askari, Al-Xussayni, Al-Hashimi. Other interesting sites include the mosque with two qiblas in Zaylac which suggests that Islam had a foot-hold in this region very early.

Just a different perpective on tourism for those on a spiritual quests.

Kowneyn