Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Hygiene and the Wedding Night

Abtigiis   

Ina Gadhyare was a long time friend of mine. The age difference of 15 or so years hardly affected our relationship. We seem to understand very well. And boy! what a story teller he is. Mostly from his own experiences. This one happened in 1982 in Dire dawa.

Ina Gadhyare's friend married this girl from the Diredabe. The whole day they spent preparing for the night. They went to a barber shop, bought Macawis iyo Shaal; and lots of Garamo and underwear. Then, the friend bought Topaz blades to do the ultimate cleanings. Except the chin and that on the head, there will have to be no hair in his body when the moment of truth arrives, he vowed. He took a nice bath from three buckets and went to the ceremony.

The bride really liked the man, and has gone to a saloon early in the morning. Xinne, hairwork and all other formalities were completed.

Labadii hodmee hoy wada galee was sung in uproar and after a goat was killed and the copule were asked to step over it, they went inside. A while after, someone shouted aroos lagamana raago,lagumana raago. People departed. Including the minxiis- Ina Gadhyare.

In the morning,after giving the new couples ample time to recover from the hand-bending and stretchings; the Minxiis went to their house to 'assess the damage' and to share the joy. He was in for the shock of his life. He saw gabadhii oo kab haysata oo indhuhu cas yihiin (hurling insults and vowing to break the skull of the man) and the red-eyed groom oo garan xidhan (xalay oo dhanna soo jeeday) saying warqadaada haddaan ku siin, ciyaala suuqad yahay.

Ina Gadhyare unable to stop the faracass, finally managed to take the man out for a bit of faq (consultation) to ask why he is behaving that way. The man uttered this words, " waligay intaan aduun ku noolaa waxay naagtaasi ku hadashay sheeko iyo shaahid midna kuma maqal!".

Ina Gadhyare: war ma wax hadal ah unbaa mise dhib kalaa jira

Caruus: wax kalaa dhaami lahaa

Ina Gadhyare: Gabadh ma aha miyaad lee dahay mise wax kalaa jira?

Caruus: war Gabadhnimo iyo waxaas ma nin daneeeyaad igu ogeyd? waxaasi waa sahalo

Ina Gadhyare: is this thing about a talk or about her body

Caruus: Not about her body. Then He glanced sideways to ensure no one is listening. He then caught the man's neck; and whispered what the girl said last night into his ears.

Ina-Gadhyare: (Mouth wide open with disbelief), held his hands on his head and then on his mouth. He then took the hand of the caruus and said, "Let us rush fast from this place".

Caruus: Shall I go back to the house to take my shirt?

Ina-Gadhyare: Shaad iyo waxaas ma haleelaynee, ina eri. "Inaa lilaah wa inaa ilaahi raajicuun". war ina eri.

Now, what do you think caused the fight? Ina Gadhyare told me, but I will not reveal it in million years! What could it be? It is for your imagination.

I know if I say it here, I will be banned immediately or some will demand me be stonned to death!

Nephissa   

ahhahaha! ina eri. :D

Iska sheeg haddaa, hanagu kala goynine L0L. Cid ju' kuu dhihi mayso, anaa ku iri.. Sheeg si deg-deg eh!

Malika   

^A long those lines..but am guessing something else,like A&T I shall keep it to myself. icon_razz.gif

Okay,I dont know the answer,am just using my sometimes over working imagination..lol :D

Ibtisam   

I just looked at the title of this thread again. I have a fair idea now based on hygiene, which I shall keep to myself. :rolleyes:

What was the point of this thread?? :confused: Pointless.

Abtigiis   

Xiin

adeer, maxaan bi'iyay? wax xun miyaan thread'kan ku qoray. Xageed ka timid? Diri dhabe.

Ibtisam

you are not even close. I am sure. Hygiene is good clue, but not in the way you think.

Ibtisam   

^^In any case what is the point of this thread ruunti?? :confused:

Xiin Please school him and few others on what can and cannot be said or shared in public, even if it is on your mind. Xaaya la aan some people on SOL. :cool:

إذا جاريت بخلق دنيئ فأنت ومن تجاريه سوآؤ

One would forgive you if you are from Diri dhabe then...waa meel aad looga qayilo.

Nephissa   

I have a fair idea now based on hygiene, which I shall keep to myself

remember, it's about what she said, not her body. I doubt it has anything to do with hygiene. Maybe she told him to go see a doctor..

Abtigiis   

Ibtisam

Now you are getting too far. You don't even know what the couple fought over. What is wrong with sharing stories that are deemed either weired or funny or whatever. The point: entertainment and suspense.

That said, I understand where you are coming from. And will always be the first to uphold high mores and norms. I don't think I have compromised that here. Nothing in this story could be deemed vulgar. Nothing. As to what people imagine, well, as you said it is in everybody's head.

Nepthys

It is what she said. Not about her body. And I said I am not going to tell it here in any case. So, why do people shout. Ma inaan sheegay ka baqayaan. Waa mental exercise.

Xiin

anigu laakiin waligay ma qayilin. Anyway, meeshaan ka imid is in my signature. I mean originally.

Ibtisam   

^^^^hence the thread has no point, it relates a pointless story with an ending not fit for public read as you already said.

strange to see you commenting on norms after what you've been posting in the last few days. :rolleyes:

Ngonge I thought he was cool at first, his political posts are not bad. Then the last few days in the general section, the dude got too comfortable with SOLers posting all kinds of shid that comes into his mind. Waa distasteful to say the least. I cannot believe someone born 73 can be so ciyaal icon_razz.gif

But then no one forced me to read his shid, so I’m take my leave. :cool: