Sign in to follow this  
jellison01

Somali Women in Minneapolis and St. Paul

I am currently doing research in a Global Feminism class at Hamline University. My research topic is immigration and the impact on sense of self in women,privately and publically. I am specifically interested in the Somali population because of the termoil in the country as well as the immigration of Somalis to Minnesota and the issues that arise because of cultural differences. I want to hear your voices and your thoughts on self and how it's changed since coming here. Thank you!

^^Welcome to SOL first. Is this how you want to do your research, or are you conducting a survey, perhaps looking for ideas?

Global Feminism? aa, Im sorry I can't help there but the good news is that there are handful of expert feminists available, very passionate full of new ideas.

Take your time

Blessed   

Salaams,

First of all, why only Women in Minneapolis? Don't be so discriminating with the title dear, there are women from all over the globe in SOL.

It would help us and you if you were a bit more elaborative with your questions?

Also, you might want to contact This Group . They're UK based.

And finaly, read the archives of the womens section of SOL- beneath all the 'arguements', you'll find some very interesting stuff smile.gif

All the best.

First off all welcome to SOL!

I gotta conguratulate you on finding this forum, it is as good as it gets. If you ain't Somali, bear with us.

I think you are definetly on da right track but your topic is too broad, even when you norrow it down to mineapolis immigrant women. how did the "sense of self" change? umm.. too broad still. Try to ask specific questions that will render the desired outcome. dont browse too much, you might get addicted to the forum, beleive me it is that electric ;) Good luck!

----------------------------------------

Get Up, Up Even the best fall down sometimes

Originally posted by jellison01:

I am currently doing research in a Global Feminism class at Hamline University. My research topic is immigration and the impact on sense of self in women,privately and publically. I am specifically interested in the Somali population because of the termoil in the country as well as the immigration of Somalis to Minnesota and the issues that arise because of cultural differences. I want to hear your voices and your thoughts on self and how it's changed since coming here. Thank you!

Welcome indeed. I just would like to inform you that I am a professor of Sociology and History of cushitic people. My specialties range from various subjects, including Maryooleey and their displacement experience on diaspora. I did numerious papers on the field you are point out here. Now am a visiting professor at the university of fadhikudirir, school of Ahmed Gurey and Sayid Max'ed Imperial Literature. I think I can be a great help to you, if you privite message me and allow me to introduce myself as a potential and personal instructor for researching the depts of feminism in contemporary societies with you, which I surmise is your focus on the subject at hand. But under the condition that you have to be the opposite gender, since I am oday meelahaan ka qaraabto!

For further details on what I can do for you, you can reach my assistant professors Femme Fatale and Sheherazede who are my colleagues after ay igu daadiyeen, but I think I retaliated after all.

N.B. Waxaan ka baqayaa sheekadaan inay tahay wax lug weyn ku leh tijaabo la doonayo in lagu ogaado heerka aan mareyno, iyo isbadalka nagu dhacay iyo meesha aan u badanahay ee liberalism-ka. Walee xabadu waa nagu socotaa, ee ragow bal na isku kaaya keena, sidii aan uga tashan laheyn weerarka ay liberal-ka nagu hayaan. :D

Arawella   

Wow jellison01, is Minnoseta more so Feminist than say Somalia. Perhaps you should prove the hypothesis that Somali Feminist are 90% less likely to win the tag of war than their American Feminist.

Qu'est-ce que tu penses?

Originally posted by The Flipmode..:

^^^Meaning you want her...
:D:D:D
..Shukaansi badanaaaaaaaa

Hadaa aragtid nin soomaali ah oo raba inuu naag gaalo ah xodxoto, waligaa niyada ku haay inuu sharci doon yahay! Marka aan kulafo-ruugee ii daa walaaleey naagta, waa intaas oo aan dal-ku-gal ka helaayee. :D