Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Driving while Black/Muslim-Racial Profiling

Khayr   

Salams,

Just wanted to share with the nomads something that happened to me the other night.

I was driving home late the other night when I saw a cop car behind me. I checked my baramoter to see if I was speeding and slowed down a bit even though I was within the speeding limit.

Well, lo and behold the cop car's lights came on and I had to pull over. My driver's licence, insurance and vehicle registration were asked for. Officer tells me that there is a "sticker" issue on my licence plate i.e. too many and thus the reason for pulling me over :rolleyes:

Well saxibo proceeds to do a check on me in his car and comes back a few minutes later and asks me "Did you live at 50 #######" and I tell him "no". Well the officer who happens to be Black tells me "Well your name and information matches with someone with an outstanding "Immigration Warrant". "Where you born here?". I tell him "No but I am a citizen" and gave the proof. Well, lo and behold he tells me "I'll still have to investigate on this" and goes back to his car.

Can you imagine what was going through my mind??? :(:(:(

I've been pulled over once for no reason but no immigration issues were ever raised it was just a case of "driving while black".

However, this time around it was Driving while being Black and Muslim !

N.O.R.F   

LoL

Is that all? I have had my time with car and police problems and dont wish to go back to those days.

One night I was told I was stopped because I was black and Somali! at least he was blunt huh?

Originally posted by -:

Your color and faith had nothing to do it. And what's wrong with profiling anyway?

Its generalised, arbitrary, and works on a least common denominator factor, not evidence, so as norf said, what right with it

Khayr i have the same problem frequently, especially when flying- for the past year and a bit, I've grown a beard as a protest when ever i'm flying and strangely enough, it seems to have had the opposite effect to my assumptions, and has led to a fewer stops!

If there is probable reason to warrant profiling a certian segment of society, then it is within reason to stop anyone fitting that profile. Nothing was done to Khayr that was illegal or morally reprehensible.

Khayr   

Originally posted by -:

If there is probable reason to warrant profiling a certian segment of society, then it is within reason to stop anyone fitting that profile. Nothing was done to Khayr that was illegal or morally reprehensible.

Saxib, why don't you talk to those children who's muslim fathers were put away and classified as "terrorists" because they were only Muslim but had an experienced licence or an outstanding tax payment. However, all is justified interms of their treatment because the media picks up on the story and they are immediately labelled as a "security threat" and kept in a dark room for the next 2 yrs or sent off to Camp X in no man's land.

Farax, I don't know what world your living in but smell the damn shaax and wake up from it. :rolleyes:

NGONGE   

^^ Caano,

You both must look real shifty. ;)

Originally posted by Khayr:

Can you imagine what was going through my mind???
:(:(:(

Oh yes we can. :D

Khayer's mind:

How dare these stinking infidels stop my blessed car! He touched the window, the pig eating gaal touched my window. I must remember to wipe it with bleach and a rich sprinkling of xaba sood when I get home. :mad:

Allaho Akbar. He's questioning my legal status! These kuffar are profiling me. They want me out of this country. I don't care for their infidel laws, I'll only leave when I AM ready.

Here he comes back again. I must smile. I must have sabir and force myself to smile. S-M-I-L-E!

"Everything ok, officer?" smile.gif

LoooooooL@NGONE.

I don't know how a routine traffic stop all of sudden made big leap into indefinite incarceration at Camp X.

All I'm saying is and this is just for the sake of argument, if the state of Somalia was attacked by a foriegn nation whose citizens live among us, then definately I would be profiling those that live among us. It stands within reason to assume that they are sympathetic to their country of origin. Of course, mistakes would made, and innocent people will get burned in the process, but that's an acceptable casualty.

Khayr   

Originally posted by -:

Of course, mistakes would made, and innocent people will get burned in the process, but that's an acceptable casualty. :eek:

Don't give me that "Bush Apeing" rhetoric. :rolleyes:

LooooooooL@what's rolling eyes duqa

I don't see anything here, just bruised ego. I had more horrible experience in Somali civil than I do here, now that's truely profiling.

^^Where do you live yaa Che? They must’ve tamed you to accept racial profiling as a legitimate or even effective tool for catching any troublemakers.

Kheyr has a good reason to complain…and you should too if it ever happens to you.

Originally posted by -:

All I'm saying is and this is just for the sake of argument, if the state of Somalia was attacked by a foriegn nation whose citizens live among us, then definately I would be profiling those that live among us. It stands within reason to assume that they are sympathetic to their country of origin. Of course, mistakes would made, and innocent people will get burned in the process, but that's an acceptable casualty.

Ok, lets go with your reasoning for a moment, the glaring question what factor would you profile on?

Lets take it one step further. Since, america wasn't attacked by a nation but a bunch of people claiming to be muslims, and muslims are from a diverse set of backgrounds, we'll take their common denominator -i.e. being a muslim as the classifying feature.

Now you have somewhere between 2-7 million muslims in the US ofgodbless A, take the average, and we come to 4.5Million suspects.

lets take it down further, and say since it was young men that carried out the attack, we'll profile young muslim men. and since young muslim men make up most of the muslim population there, lets take a conservative 35%, and u come to 525,000 *suspects*.

Since no one wears a badge on their forehead claiming their intent, and a stereotype is about snap judgement on some feature, not evidence, lets assume evil muslims have beards, say 10% of this young male population are evil beardies (a'la moi), then your have 52,500 suspects.

Now, after the cold war, the us army shrank to about 1/2 Million, so you now have approximately many suspects as soldiers - do you think you could pitch one on one guarding of young muslims, or they could dedicate 10% of their number guarding beardie young muslims - the "casualties", or do you see the flaw in your argument?

ng

have you been taking advice from val again?!