Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

WHY??

LADYHOVA   

BUT WHEN I GO TO A MALL OR RESTURANT I HAVE 2 WALK IN TO THA PLACE FIRST RIGHT??...THERE FORE I GOTTA LOOK WHERE I'M GOIN AN IF THERE BLOCKIN THA DOORWAY AN TRYIN TO TALK TO U OBVIOUSLY U GOTTA BE HOSTILE AN TELL THEM OFF NA'MEAN..BUT STIL I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY MUST BLOCK UP DOORWAYS AN ALL DAT LIK BROTHERS PLZ DONT B BLOCKIN OUR WAYS. NEWAYZ HOLLA BAC TWICE@YA SISTA ON DAT

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY STPAULCHICK:

Okay...I hope this doesn't offend anyone but I just need a question answered. So this goes for the fellas...ya'll females can answer it if u can.

So here it goes...okay in Minneapolis...I don't know about other places. Why do u Somalian guys always gotta be standing outside the Somali Malls???why why why??? I just don't get it. If that's your way of "fishing" for women...well it ain't attractive . I personally (can't speak for all) can't stand it when ya'll be standing out there. Yesterday I was at the Somali mall on 24th...and all these bunch of guys where standing outside...I swear to god I just flipped out on them ....and told them to get lives. That may seem a bit harsh...but they got to hear it from someone...they lucky it was me...being nice and all

So don't get offended...but feel free to express urself!!

StpauLchick i totaLLy feeL-i know exactLy what you are taLking about and i faiL to see as to why they just stand there Like they are some sort of mannequins or whatnot. :rolleyes: I dont know why but i have Learned to avoid situations Like that in the first pLace.I know its hard because you have a Life and you have to do what you gotta do but i try not to go there(maLLs,stores,restuarants-dont ever go-i onLy go to the etiopians)as LittLe as possibLe-to avoid confrotations and uncommfortabLe situations Like that.

PhiL   

You know what I think? I think the ladies up in here should just swivel their hips and let a brother see what he can't get! I mean, you've tried telling em off, that sorta blew up in ur face, you tried being diplomatic, that too was unsuccessful... Now only one thing remains!

IF U CAN'T BEAT THEM, .. don't join them, for heavens sake, but U could always i dunno... MAKE EM PAY for treating you like, i dunno, 'god forbid' a piece of hilib! All i can say is Thank God I live in a zero somali population in woop woop land...

and can i add a huge "lol" @ that guy with the shymeyea nickname!

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by flying-still:

quote:Originally posted by Continental Batchelor:

Why go to these places that are full of mali men in the first place!. I am sure if you take your ayeyo or Habaryere, you wouldn't have any problems!.
:D:D

I tried this...I went to this somali mall in mnpls and one guy yelled out " eeddo gabdhaha mid nasii nooh!" My mom being a true somali mother told us to look down and not look at them!!

I go to the somali malls to buy stuff not to be greeted or eye balled, or yelled after....I just want to buy my skirts and dirac's in peace!!!

dymmmmm flyin still n stpaulchick u ladies live in a weird place seriously...

flyin still ur mom should have said "bela xaya get goin" ;)

hey somali guys are like dat but as one of the brotha said don't go there alone. believe me if i have anything to get from somalian stores for my mom. i take my brothers or mom, i sit in the car and have them buy whatever..plus i hate going to store and have the lady there or the dude sayin nayaa why aren't u speakin somali.. :rolleyes:

what about weddings.. why is there always some annoyin *** brothas there. u gotta say "excuse me get out of my way" 100 times before they move out of ur way. they act as if they didn't hear ya gosh :mad: ..

I do believe that some of the men that are hanging around the doors or outside the malls and restaurants are looking for women....but what they don't get is that it isn't attractive but really annoying redface.gif

Iffah   

walaahi hadii martid socodka aa kaa dhumaayo

STHLM_Lady, phew! It's good to hear that...I thought I was the only one ya know :D

LadyHova:

We don't have it as bad as reer Mpls. Here, they mostly gather around the restaurants, especially those that don't have a women's section. & If you must go to these restaurants, you can always send in your lil bro ;)

I'm glad they didn't take over the little suuq, or I'd have quit going there too.

St.Paul, salaanta ka qaad ado fiirinin meel aay ka imaatay (no eye contact)...then horay u sii carar! And that's only if it's proper salaan...preferably "Asalaama caleeykum"...hadii kale is dhagooleey. :D

Hopefully, they'll get the hint!

Gediid   

^^^^^^^^Haaruun yes laakin the dudes hanging out by Somali malls waa odeyall sharbo libaax ah.I would say nuthin wrong with 15-22 or maybe 23 year olds to hang out there but puhlz not odeyall.

Iffah   

Odaayaasha aa roon. Dhalinyarada should be out playing Bball or something...not hanging out in front of the stores :rolleyes:

Muhammad   

lool funny topic

Truthfully speaking if you girls really want to know the answer then listen(or read).

First of All I have a bad news for you girls, It is not All about you! In order to understand why The Somali men act the way they do, you have to go and do some research in a Tuulo 'vilage' somewhere in somalia.

Somehow in our culture, the somalis believe men staying at home is a disorder, If they see a somali man always at home, they think there is something wrong with him. And also the opposite is true for women, if they see a women always walking around the city, and not at home, she is a 'wareegto' or wanderer.

Afternoons: Time for Parte

To the Somali men, the afternoon is a very special time. At noon, after lunch it is very hot in somalia, and you can call us lazy, but like lions the somali men always take a nap after lunch and wake up at afternoon. That is when they take shower, dress up, and go into the city.

They usually go and meet their buddies at the Suuq 'bazaar', have a tea and wait for the BBC.

The Somali nomads, don't have chairs, so they usually greet each other while standing, using their Budh 'cane'for support. This is the usual stance for greeting, and unless their is a important meeting which requires sitting, that is how they socialize. This has become a custom and even in the Somali cities and towns, you will find men standing in the streets talking, you will rerely see some sitting, and most of those sitting are either drinking or eating.

Now that I have explained 'why' we stand infront of malls and other gathering places, I'll address 'why' we stare.

It is very simple: CausalityThe principle of or relationship between cause and effect. Action - Reaction, Cause - Effect.

If you are pretty - you will be stared at, specially if you wear clothes that most of the somali girls wear these days, teasing you to death. Like some of the brothers said, men have sharp eyes towards women, it is natural cause. If a fat sheep passes by the cave of the hyena, he can't stop but crave for it.

What can you, girls, do to escape from these Hungry Hyenas?

1. The Hyenas usually come out at the Afternoon.

2. Disguise yourself with the Hijab, They're blinded by it.

3. Come with one of your own Hyenas, ur husband, bro, cousin etc. There is a very old treaty between them to respect each other's borders!

Peace! Respect! Love!

Well I hope Conquest answered your dying question. In every race there aremen who would stare at a women. I believe you should appricate you have the kinda a beauty a man stares at with his jaw on the floor. To add to what Conquest said I also believe why they "holla" at you to begin with is because he wants to prove to his boy's that he can get a girl or something :rolleyes: . I hope that makes you (flying_still) understand why they ashame you infront of your hooyo/habayr/ayeeyo.

.:peace n luv:.

Changed   

dont stpaul...u was enjoying the men ..as they stared at ya icon_razz.gif ..

i know mine soda people stare like woooow :rolleyes:

but i love me da attention ... ;)

ps: naa ilhaamey....this avators is for u nooh.....doqonti madax ka xanoojisay aa ka badalay icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Thnx for answering my question Conquest!! Been searching for the answer the whole time. :D

Gediid..I somewhat agree wit u. First of all odeyall shouldn't be standing outside your right about that but also the Dhalinyarada shouldn't be hanging around either. As Ilhaam said they should be going places....this makes them look like they have no lives :rolleyes:

Mizz_Unique...always gotta ruin it for me...but how'd u know I enjoy it :confused: ;)

***feelin' the avator icon_razz.gif

Adna   

salaam

st paul chick sis from the first day i ever went to somali mall untill this moment i ask my self why do they hang around the malls? sis i never got the answer but, my solution was when ever i go ther i take my two wonderfull cousins with me so i don't got bothered by any of them. macaanto they don't got any thing else to do i guess if they would have what kinda scheduale i got walaahi none of them would be there, so macaanto take someone with you like a sister or brother. i think brother is the best solution they would be like hmmm she got some one. that is why i got my cousins with me when i go there. To tell the truth walaahi i don't know why? but i beleive they will never change the way they are run ahaatii, they are just typical loosers that is all. you know the only thing that bothers me the most why an earth most of them would be talking on cell and drinking shaax or coffee? walaahi it really amazes me some times don't they have hoome? macaanto i will never stop saying things when it comes them men who got nothinf else to do but stand around. i have to go now.

Ps brothers no personel attack but i have to take it out of my chest insread keep in it for ever wich is better u tell me ? much love to ya'll