Sign in to follow this  
lol

Etiquettes and how we accomodate them!

Arwa   

thanks Athena for the warm welcome ;)

well am not going to argue much, at the end of the day its your personal choice, we have the facts so its either take it or leave it, I personally if am eating with my hands, after washing them I put my tawakul on Allah, say bismillah and "dive in" as you have refered to it smile.gif

ps'...... and oh, when am done I say alxamdulilah !

44.gif

salaam..

posted by OG

Wallalo, u have an issue with every one doesn't agree ur weirdo sellective religion ideas!

for ur information, I am Islamic Law student in Share'a Islamia in Kuwait University and I am in my 3rd year .. not coz u deserve any explanation BUT to just minimize ur argument and my father is one of Islamic scholer in Kuwait .. no need to tell my grand dad is Shiekh who graduated From Alzhar.. so no need to go any Imam to ask any thing.

If u want Sunnah why u have to sellect eating with hand only? why u don't build TENT in the desert and buy some camels and some goats-If u can afford- and sit there ?

Man u need 101 lesson and learn how to agree to disagree OR THAT IS NOT FROM SUNNAH ..LOL

all i see is whole lots blah blah blah from reading this it's clear u know a little bout islam let alone islamic share'a n no need 2 go indetails bout ur dad or ur grand dad. all the man said was it's sunnah 2 eat with ur hands n he preffers it so i think it's u who needs 101 lessons of how to agree to disagree b4 u tell us wat ur family did or doin in kuwait sis......

next time hear the other person out br u start swingin from the trees of ms know it all...asxantu

OG_Girl   

Ohh ..really?i can say urs is just plain silly so how that makes u feel?

plus u r just an Alien how soon ur open ur mouth?

u have ur opinion i have mine .. if u want to respect or not that depends how educated u r . u just say ur opinion with out calling mine bla bla .. so i suggest to shut ur mouth ... icon_razz.gif

ps: just incase u did not understand THE LESSON i meant ..i meant u and like him go to schools and learn some thing usefull...or Is Haraam in " kOFOR" land u live to go to schools? :rolleyes:

Salam

Asalaamu'Calaykum,

Kynda abayoo macaanee you finally got your SOL passport and shaarcii Welcome to the world of nomads. Sit down, relax and let the SOL’s friendly staff look after you :D But I still can’t get over how much effort it took just to register, Subxan’Allah. Worth the effort though I guess, it’s such a neighborhood.

Yasmine sister I think you pretty much summed it up.

Athena its a personal choice at the end of the day, and I think its a little extreme to compare eating with your hands with FGM. Hygiene is something that can be practiced but I’m telling you it can never be mastered so don't be getting your knickers in a knot about it let, just let bygones be bygones.

I personally eat with both my hands and with cutlery, which ever I feel like. When I eat out I probably eat using cutlery, but my hands come in when its needed (with class that is, you still have to practice manners in public)

Like Kynda said, just remember Bisinka before you start and Alxamdulilah after your done and everything is sweet.

Adios Amigos,

Wasalaam

If I may point out the obvious, I was referring to the restaurant scenario where Hibo decided to eat with her hands and show how cultured she is. I do realize that eating with your hands is indeed sunnah....however, I do stand by my argument - it is indeed unsightly and unhygienic to be eating with your hands in public places. redface.gif

PS. I'm done with this thread smile.gif

OG_girl why do you have to take things to a further stage.sister He (QACQ) was only being honest with you and refered a book as his reference. When are we going to grow up and accept facts uze positive criticism.

We are not competing with each other I beleive we have passed that stage.And in expressing facts we neither need to degrade each other.

If its an opinion u want to make it is Islamic behaviour to express it wisely,accurately and openhearted. Take time to read what uve written before uve posted and reflect is it what u want others to see of u. As a law student I beleive u know better.

Refering to the earlier discussion

If you really care about the germs on your hands...then wash your hands, take the towel to dry your hands, THEN use that towel to close the fountain,open the door,

I personally do that not only for eating whenever i use a public toilet. As said earlier Its a sunnah of the Prophet SAW I eat with my hands whenever I feel like it.And the food does taste sweeter.

Yasmine I agree with you on the way ppl eat with their hands according to the sunnah it should be the 3 fingers A good read on Islamic etiquettes for english readers is 'Etiquettes of Life in Islam' written by Mohammad Yusuf Islahi. Published by Markaz Mataba Islami Delhi.

Regarding the etiquettes issue what is the somali ways apart from yhe sunnah of eating with the hands. Coz this link can also serve to educate others like me on our culture.

OG_Girl   

SisSade , I am not taking any farther but my point is IF u want to follow sunnnah that is more than GOOD, BUT I wish for him he follows for every thing..., I don't agree sellecting some from SUNNAH and ignore the "wajeb".

hope u got my point coz I can see there is alot of misunderstanding going on not coz we disagree only BUT every one trying to ignore other's point of view.

I understand where he is comming from very well.

I am done too with this topic. GOOD luck for those eat with their hands!!.

Salaam

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

my point is IF u want to follow sunnnah that is more than GOOD, BUT I wish for him he follows for every thing..., I don't agree sellecting some from SUNNAH and ignore the "wajeb"..

OG_girl your point is taken. Its just everyone has a different way of understanding and expressing themselves which brings the diversity and proves that we are humane.

Qac Qaac   

Wallalo, u have an issue with every one doesn't agree ur weirdo sellective religion ideas!

for ur information, I am Islamic Law student in Share'a Islamia in Kuwait University and I am in my 3rd year .. not coz u deserve any explanation BUT to just minimize ur argument and my father is one of Islamic scholer in Kuwait .. no need to tell my grand dad is Shiekh who graduated From Alzhar.. so no need to go any Imam to ask any thing.

If u want Sunnah why u have to sellect eating with hand only? why u don't build TENT in the desert and buy some camels and some goats-If u can afford- and sit there ?

Man u need 101 lesson and learn how to agree to disagree OR THAT IS NOT FROM SUNNAH ..LOL

sis in couple of times before and now u referred back to your back ground what your father and grandfather was, anyways i am arguing with your father and your grandfather could be good ppl sheikhs and u could another, every heard a say that goes like this in somali...aabahay baa geel leh, waxaa dhanta anaa dameer leh, but then again i know u won't understand it because u r too young. so next time don't tell me u r islamic sharica student, coz obviously it didn't do anything for u.

sis sade, she has personal thing against me, due to her age and maturity level, so what ever i say to her good or bad, she won't agree, so hala yaabin.

now u said i fellow one sunnah and not the others, like to insult women, woow, when did i isult women or even u... beside why show 2 face sis, in private message u called me dog, a human dog, and u r arguing with me, if i am a dog and u r having an arguement with me, what that makes u sub-dog. come on now, don't act too innocent. and remember back biting is bigger sin then me not fallowing one sunnah.

hey sorry if i hurt u, but u knew this was coming coz u r too young, and don't know how to argue with me, so just give up, or u'll cry more every time....

check mate... iska daah way iska yartahay.

Asalamu'calaykum,

Lool, u lot a very weird.

OG_girl I don’t mean to be rude but I have noticed that you tend to brag just a tad. Just an observation ok, no insults intended. Just bring this to your attention that’s all.

Checkmate, I think you’re cool, and very sensible.

wasalaam

Tuujiye   

LoooooooooooL waraa meeshaan waa la isku baxay yaah..

dabshidka maa kasocdo meeshaan try-me..lol..

kynbe and intuition wlc y'all..haven't met u guys before but wlc...They call me tuujiye gar mayaqaane qaar maroodi ina xaaji dardare..lol..

Try-me..lol..qac aa tahay walaahi, maqaayad adoo fadhisid aa zab in aa u fadhisid camal u daqmee..lol..walaahi I like that...

I was with this girl at a maqaayad nooh..marka waxey jeceshahay in ee iska dhigto cadaan cadaan oo ee u dhaqanto si ilbaxnimo maxaa dhacay ilbax ee u maleysaa dadkaas nooh. So waxaan dalbaday ani baasto iyo chicken steak ayadana waxay dalbatay samething..marka lasoo dhigay waxee ka bixi weysay fiiris, waxee fiirineysaa sida ee dadka u cunaayan wax so she could do the same..lol. marka aniga waan gartay. Cuntadii markii lasoo dhigay, gabarta waxee gashay qaado isticmaal iyo mindi tuujis. Marka aniga waxaan ku cunayey fargeeto iyo qaado ileen waa baastee. markaan arkayna qoftaan in eesan aqoon sida loo istic maalo laakiin rabto in ee isticmaasho aan waxaan ku dhahay gacan taada ika isticmaal markaasee igu qososhay..lol..waxaan dhahay naa waan u jeeda in ee kugu daadsantahayee tahay ee gacantaada iska istic maal..lol..then she told me you do it..I was like ok...musqushaan gacanta kusoo dhaqday markaas kabacdina baastada gacanta aan ku jibiyey..lol. she was hocked of what I was doing and couldn't stay with me at the same place..lol..she ran out side and waited for me..lol..

I took my time finished my food and paid the bill. When I came outside she was their on the cold waiting for me..lol.

Markaan fiirshay waxaan rabay in aan meesheeda ugaga tago laakiin waan ka xishooday.

Arwa   

Garab Tuujiye

thanx walaal, laakin Kynda not Kynbe... sii waaye adi? lol

Hope its a typing error, haddi kali waxaan ka baqayaa next time inaad Simba ka dhegtid!

so its cool, just dont do it again :cool:

Salaam

44.gif

Sophist   

Salaams,

Actually, folks I entire disagree this sweeping generalisation which infers that one that is “Western” considers our culture inferior.

The incident our sister had presented is a clear case of a chap who is not westernised enough to appreciate the diversity of cultures and norms (this does not mean that most western people are well versed in the idea of respect and diversity- you have many bigots who are white supermists). My pure English Upper Middle class and even the Blue blooded friends frequent Blue Ocean restaurant where I have introduced them the art of eating with their hands. One of them aired his delight when he said “what a liberating way of eating”. Yaa ninkaan ka Westerneysan, Aabihiis Cadaan General retire gareeyey, hooyadiis; Barrister QC (lawyer) ah waaye. Eton, Oxfordna ayuu waxa kasoo bartey. Aniga marka ma aanan fahmin wiilashaan iyo gabdhahaan yaryar ee ilbaxnimada uyaqaan in laga cunteeyo Restaurant aan cuntadiisuna aan kudeeqaheynin qiimihiisuna 10 geel ah oo nugaal godan jooga ey qadadiisu lamid tahay.

I seriously think that those Somalis who consider themselves educated and thus forsake our culture are mere ignorants dressed in glittering attire adorned with inane Degrees. Ma ey yaqaanaan Dhaqankoodii Soomaaliyeed ee suubanaa, kii kale ee nooca quman ee galeedka ahaana waa kadhacsan yihiin.

And terms of the Sunnah because the elavated Prophet SCW use to eat with his hands? Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 7.366, Narrated Ibn Abbas The Prophet said, "When you eat, do not wipe your hands till you have licked it, or had it licked by somebody else."

Of course this some will find it unacceptable or even some might take it as a salacious sign for some iniquity activity--- licking these days are considered /associated with something that is quite intimate.

Anyhow, the above Hadith is clear authority but contarary to popular belief most of the Somalis I have seen (and I have being around some time now) don’t eat the way th Prophet SCW use to eat. The prophet used his three fingers not the whole gacan sida soomaalideenu aan ucuno baastada; waxaad umaleysaa gaint creature wipeing out some poor insects; the spectacle is one that does not lack humour that will make one laugh painfully.

Anyhow, guys, let us not fight over this and let us not picker about something that has less significance in relation to many other things like; men and women who are not married eating together in restaurant without Maxram? I think this should summon more denigration.

No personal attack is intended.

Cheerio.

Aloow noo Gargaar

Nephissa   

I don't mind eating Muufo, Canjeero & Rooti with my hand. But Baasto & Bariis? uh oh..

Besides, when it comes to GACAN its OK if its my own plate, & no other fingers are touching my food. Do you know that Hepatitis C, is transmitted through the saliva?

Its not about Western iska yeel yeel, some people just don't like the idea.