Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Get It off your chest.

Ibtisam   

What ever it is. For me the issue is offending people online. redface.gif

This topic is the product of this topic.

In SOL, we all get up and personal with each others views, sometimes (especially in the politics section) it gets personal. In my years here I have piss*ed a lot of people off, made some cry, others angry, some just fuming mad. Especially in the olden days when I had a different name, a different location and identity. Over the years as I aged, I mellowed out a bit, but even now I still drive some people mad, get people angry and sometimes I am just damn rude to people. Although at that moment I feel that they deserves it, upon reflecting, and often when I am in a good mood, I often feel guilty, especially when people sound genuinely upset. I always say to myself, I’m going to be more like Lily, Dahia or Ms DD and be nice to everyone. But obviously I forget, and since it is in my nature to be evil, annoying and provocative, it comes naturally to be all these things online.

But what if you found out that someone who YOU was mean to here on SOL passed away, how will that affect you mentally, will you feel guilty, wish you was nicer to them, maybe said a kind word here and there, or perhaps asked for their forgiveness, after all you did not want to really hurt them (well I don’t)

What about people who just drop off SOL, and you have no idea what happened to them, but while they were around, you annoyed them a little, made them sweat a little, even if they are unreasonable, mean and rude back to you, does that justify your actions (tit for tat) or make you feel better.

Recently I often find myself thinking about things I say while blogging, or in forums because somehow, sometime ago the clear line between reality and cyber world started to blur, and the two started to compliment each other. What people say on SOL does not affect me offline, nor do I hold grudges, and I would feel sad if someone (even as Umu asked me, if not a fan of their posts) died or dropped off. But other people do take things to heart. :(

Anyway in case any of you are planning to die, or end up dying or leaving SOL. I just want to say good luck in life (what is left of it) and I am sorry for 2007 and the start of 2008 if I’ve hurt your feelings. redface.gifsmile.gif

....So what would you like to get off your chest.

Malika   

*sniff*

Ghanima,maa iga daysi this branding..come on am not nice all the time hadhee..

Your vibrant,enegetic and charsmatic young woman,your post are filled with real feelings..I trully believe your a nice,genuine and very caring person.So am sure your apology would be accepted by those you feel you might have offended.There is a fine line between reality and cyber world,isnt cyber world that we engage in a reality? arent we being ourselves here? I beg to differ if argued,I believe what we exchange is real as it gets,it come straight from how we think and feel.So on bad days,when the world is just getting to us,we lash out to those we cant see and they cant see...

What do I want off my chest,hmm oh I took some cookies from the staff room today which was meant for sharing,they were so yummy.I had one,then went back when no one was there and took couple of more,then I nipped upstairs to the other staff room and took some more..oh God forgive me! :D

Johnny B   

^And we're supposed to line-up and forgive you, respectively take-revenge on you?

if so,i stand first in line. icon_razz.gif

ps/ we've no plans dying nor do we know of someone who is gonna quit SOL, so we demand more of the same Ibtisam we once fell-in-love with.

This Ghanima lacks the exquisiteness and catchiness of Ibtisam.

Had the exhange with the cool Cat came earlier,

Here is what Ibtisam would say about people beeing right respectively wrong.

"i think its is wrong to assume that actions motivated by the desire to be right cause as much evil or as much conflict as ones moivated by hatred or greed. the desire to be right is more likely to cause problems between smaller number of people rather than creating major conflicts between people, it may lead to a verbal outburst, but thats about it. Most people just agree to disagree and assume that they are right while the other one is stup*id and does not know what the hell they are talking about."

-Lily-   

Ghanima,

I don't think cyber and 'real' life are separate unless people have many alter egos. Posting on a forum is just sharing your opinions. What I say here is what I think. It would be too difficult to construct many versions of one self.

p.s. you shouldn't apologise for being yourself. I don't recall you being particularly rude.

Ghani- I can’t believe what am seeing why apologies? More importantly did you lose sleep over that? Why don’t you adopt NG signature “just words on the screen, just words on the screen” …

Dahl shame on you!

Nephissa   

Ghanima, don't waste your time, some people click and some don't. I doubt if Lazy, Kool Kat and Khalaf will ever be your friends, sunshine. :D . Just grease up dear, and let'em slide..

The more intelligent, funny, talented, etc you are, the more you will be hated. In most cases it is not within your control, and as trite as it sounds you just have to let it go, it is, I agree their problem. ;)

But what if you found out that someone who YOU was mean to here on SOL passed away, how will that affect you mentally, will you feel guilty, wish you was nicer to them, maybe said a kind word here and there

No, no, and no. Sometimes they truly do deserve what's coming to them be it death or sickness.

What Do I need to get off my chest?

Well, I know I am a good person and that's all that matters. It's a shame you didn't add me to your peace loving, "Mother Teresa" group of SOL :D . I don't think I've had anyone really be rude to me on here, at least not enough that it matters for me to remember. Eventhough I get thrown in the mix of drama, and pull off 360 on here sometimes, still I can count on one hand the amount of ppl who blast me.

Are you planning to die Ghanima ??

Well, whateva the members say here on SOL will never have an effect on the real life ,, we all have different ideas and we can always argue to the maximum ,,,

I don't think i hurted anyone here ,,,, i just like to tease people and make them mad :D

winnie   

there is a different message board that i like to read up on, its a non muslim one ,and obviously there are regulars, and subsequently regular fights. the people there are generally snarky and sarcastic, there have also been a couple of suicides among members. the cyber world, for some people, is the only world to find human interaction, and i cant help but think that for some people, who have yet to socially mature, meeting with yet more hostility can push them to do something silly. some nice words wouldnt hurt. thanks ghanima.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

Ghanima
, don't waste your time, some people click and some don't. I doubt if
Lazy, Kool Kat and Khalaf
will ever be your friends, sunshine.
:D
. Just grease up dear, and let'em slide..

War bal waxaan arka, soo isku dirka joojo laguma dhihin? Balo ku grease gareysay, tintana dabo maaku dartid...

As for the topic, I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt for something I've said on here to someone if that person died or is ill...What I say here is what I would've said had the situation been in real life...Though sometimes I say things just to piss off some people; Though I enjoy seeing some get bothered by what I've posted; Though I enjoy seeing some take my posts very personal and almost cry about it, doesn't bother me...After all, this is just cyber world and should not be taken seriuosly...

Ghanima, I almost wanna hug you now... :D Don't apologise for anything you said on here, qofkii personal u qaato bey u taalaa...It is their problem not yours walaalo...I hope you are not planning die anytime soon, cuz I couldn't live with myself...I would miss your afSomali...LOL... That's just a joke yaah, this is a feel good thread, so let's not act up yaah... :D

Now what do I want to get off my chest: if anyone takes anything I've said person, I am not sorry for what I've said, but sorry you took it personal...It is never personal and one shouldn't take it personal...

J.Lee   

F!ck him; somebody please shoot him. :mad:

Glad that is off my chest! I can breath easier now.

Well,

I only unleash my temper on my siblings and cousins. However, I do have a habit of getting annoyed with people and when that happens...I either leave them alone or resort to sarcasm.

Mida kale, I think the first time I have apologized to someone other than my mother was last year. Self-righteous little pr!ck ma is tidhi?

Indeed