Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Oh my fellow people, do we need the corrupt evil old?

nuune   

why not sxb,kama maarano kuwaas,ayaka ayaaba laga yaabaa qaab sikale ah in ay wax ku wadaan,but that won't be easy,who wil accept them,old dudes,they r behind time,but i favor them!!

Xafsa   

The older generation's time is up...they did their part and made their mark. I think its about time we start making our own marks. There is a reason why people get old and new ones are born and raised...its the cycle of life. Don;t get me wrong, we still need them they are wiser than us, so we need their advice but they can;t keep running things forever.

Jamaal....The old timers have failed us but unfortunately there are no new young hearts willing to sacrifice for the somali cause!

We are all talk, critisms but no action!

Paragon   

Well nuune,

I respect your choice though I am unwilling to take advices from most old men, for the simple reason that 'twas decisions eminating from oldman that had destroyed our entire nation. Currently, the world is going foward and never backwards, and thus we need capabilities not liabilities. As far as I am concerned, the old men are of no use to us today whilst we remain in this situation, as long as they feed on hate empowered by qabiil. It is time for the youth to be given the opportunity to take the steering wheel and go forward to greater hights. Greater Somalia! Greater peace! Greater pride!

Aferall, with all the great leaders in our history, change always came with the youth not the old. Check the history and you will find evidences for my assertions. In this special period we're in, the old's brain has gotten slow and corrupted. Making them our leaders will thus make us bound to get lost in the wilderness of qabiil.

Xafsa,

Sister you are absolutely correct! The old man's era is up. This is a new millenium and it the Somali youth's mellemium. What we need now is brothers and sisters like you, sisters who can educate our children at home and thus achieve the education of the entire Somali society. The more one society's women are education, the more its likely the entire society will be educated as well. And the more sisters are education, the less the need for population control. With that kind of society management, we hope to being about a stronger and wealthier somalia, happily and peacefully brightening the future of all Somali generations to come.

Che-guevera,

You are right. To begin with, we do need a young leader who is ready to scrifice himself for the cause of Somalia. We have younger people with the potential of becoming our new leaders, so I suggest we appoint them to take the lead and the revelution shall begin. God bless Somalia!

Blessed   

I got to say that I am in agreement with Jamaal and Xafsa on this.

Odaayaashu have deomnstrated that they are incapable of running a country.... they need step down anf let the younger folks who are not corrupted with qabiil-politics take control. Somalia needs fresh ideas!

Salaamz,

I bet the old people are uttering similar rhetoric like dhalin yarada are not competent, do not possess core values, they have become "fish and chips" a term used to describe youth living in the west.

As for me, I perceive this issue of age and leadership plainly as why the chicken crossed the road :confused: i know ;) Simply a bad joke! Moving beyond subjective viewpoints, it is succinct that there is a positive correlation between age and making wiser and logical decisions. In other words, an older man with experience should be a lot wiser and hence deduce superior significant logical judgements than his younger counterpart whose deficient in experience. One can also render youth as mischievous and take on too much risk.

As for me perhaps a balance of the two can work. Youth can bring in fresh ideas and older folk experience, combining the two should yield optimum results.

Nevertheless, the basic question is whoever rules, what foundation should his decisions be based on? Answer is not futile man-made terms such as democracy, communism, marxism and secularism ideology. Instead utilise Islam as the force for government since decisions based on diinta can never go wrong since those background facts (from diinta) which decisions are based on is rock solid and perfect beyond bounded human rationality. This realisation comes about through knowledge; understanding of Sharia which is based on the Qura’an and Sunnah.

Mujahid over and out !

NO WE DONT NEED THOSE USELESS PEOPLE..THEY JUST GET IN THE WAY WITH THEIR OLD VIEWS..I MEAN HELLO! WE ARE IN NORTH AMERICA..THOSE RULES THAT WERE BACK IN AFRICA DONT APPLY HERE..OLD, DEPENDS WEARIN, DENTURES NEEDIN, UUNSI AND JAAT SMELLIN OLD PEOPLE..NEED TO MOVE OUT THE WAY..NAHMEAN

Taqwa   

I believe every Muslim has something to contribute to the Somali society. It's not the old that have destroyed our nation but its those that have taken the advice of shaitan. It's hypocrite's and munafiiq's that put us on our knee's. I believe those that have a keen interest in the building of our nation will be the heirs of a great tomorrow. Age is just a figure that stops at one point (death), but the legacy of a hero (old or young) never die's.

Wa alaikum salam

Paragon   

Ameenah and Female gangestarad, Thank you darlings! Thats what we need, it is a matter of life and death for our Society. we need young fresh uninfected people in our dicision making. We just can't go on forever expecting something good to come out of a dark hole. It is like expecting a miracle. We've all seen the need for change, and change starts from here. We will build pension houses for the old and a house of elders, thats all.

Dhimbil   

nomads

To think youth my them selves can reconstruct the whole somali society is naive by it self. Our elders have became folks you can't live with and can't live without. So we are stuck with them. But there are number of elders who have good things to contribute and would be an asset to any movement, to completely ignore them would be counter productive. We need their experience and wiseness(is this a word). However,I completely support any youth movement that wants to do something positive for their country. that doesn't mean they are disregarding our elders input. Like mujahid i think balancing both inputs would bring good results.

EID WANAAGSAN

Paragon   

Brothers and Sisters,

Remember that history teaches us alot. Our history has some proud young men and women who have made possible the independence of our country.

Don't you remember it was the SYL - Somali Youth League that has took Somalia out of colonisation to freedom? If you don't then here is some information for you -

PS: There are some of us who don't have much knowledge of the Somali History. Please let us educate ourselves.

The Government and Privite Institutions: Somali Republic (1960-69)

The Constitution

Under the new Constitution, approved by the Constitution Assembly in June 1960, legislative power is vested in National Assembly.

National Assembly: Consists of 123 deputies (90 from the former Italian Somaliland and 33 from the former British Somaliland) elected by universal suffrage and of a number of deputies-by-right. The Assembly holds two annual sessions starting in April and October, and is re-elected every five years.

President of the Republic: Head of State, elected by secret vote of the National Assembly for a six-year term of office. Re-election to a consecutive term take place only once. Past presidents become deputies-by-right for life.

Government: Composed of a council of Ministers, headed by the Prime Minister, which has the confidence of the National Assembly. The Prime Minister is appointed and dismissed by the President of the Reublic; so, too, the Ministers on the proposal of the Prime Minister.

Political Parties

Somali Youth League (Liga dei Giovani Somali): Mogadishu; f. 1943; forms the Government; nationalist; repudiates tribal and religious distinctions and stands for the peaceful re-union of all Somali territories.

Somali National Congress: f. 1963 by former members of Somali Youth League, National Somali League and Somali United Party.

Somali Democratic Union: Mogadishu; f. 1962; an alliance of the United Somali Party, the Somali National League and the Greater Somali League.

The Independent Constitutional Somali Party (H.D.M.S.) (Partito Constituzionale Independente Somali): strong in South Somalia.

National Somali League: Stands for union with French Somaliland, part of Ethiopia and the Northern Frontier Province of Kenya.

Somali United Party: f. 1959; Formed by the People in areas to extreme North-West and North-East of former British Somaliland.

Liberal Somali Youth Party (P.L.G.S.) (Partito Liberale dei Giovani Somali): A small opposition Party

The Greater Somali League: Mogadishu; f. 1958; formed from SYL dissidents; baycotted 1959 elections; stood for complete integration of all Somali territories.

Other Parties: Union of the Youth of Benadir; The Somali Fichirin Youth; Unione Musulmana; Unione Nazionale Somala; Unione Nazionalista Africana; Somalia National Front; Unione Maniferro Nazionale; Somalia Republican Party (P.R.S.); Somali African National Union (S.A.N.U.).

Judicial System:

The Judiciary is independent of the executive and legislative powers. Laws and acts having the force of law must conform to provisions of the constitution and to the general principles of Islam.

Supreme Court: Mogadishu; as the highest judicial organ, has jurisdiction over the whole territory of the state in civil, penal, administrative and financial matters.

Regional Judges and Court of Assixes: Six Regional Judges preside over the Courts of Assizes. The Assize Courts hear all important Criminal Cases. The Regional Judge also reviews the decisions of District Judges. Regional judgments may be reviewed by an Appeal Court.

District Judges: All petty Criminal cases are heard by District Judges or the District Commissioners.

Qadis: Civil matters such as marriage and divorce are handled by District Qadis under thesharia (Islamic) law and other traditional laws

Press

Corriere della Somalia: Moadishu; daily; Arabic and Italian; Government Information Department.

Bollettino Mensile della Camera di Commercio, Industria ed Agricultura della Somalia: Mogadishu; f. 1944; Monthly; Italian; Published by Chamber of Commerce of Somalia.

Il Faro: Mogadishu; Monthly; Italian; Catholic.

Al Liwa (The Flag): Hargeisa; Weekly; Published in Arabic by private concern.

People's Union: Harheisa; Weekly, published in Arabic by private concern; alligned to the Somali Democtratic Union.

Somali News: Mogadishu; Weekly; English; government owned.

La Tribuna: Mogadishu; Monthly; Italian.

Radio

National Broadcasting Station: Radio Mogadishu, Voice of the Somali Republic, Mogadishu; main government service; broadcasts in Somali, English, Italian, Arabic, Swahili, Amharic and Qoti.

Radio Somali: Hargeisa; Northern Region Government station; broadcasts in Somali, and relays Somali and Amharic transmission from Radio Mogadishu.

Banking

Banca Nazionale Somala: Mogadishu; f. 1960; Central Bank and currency issuing authority; Branches in Baidoa, Belet Weyn, Berbera, Bosaso, Buroa, Galkayo, Gardo, Hargeisa and Kismayo.

Credito Somalo (Somali Credit Bank): Mogadishu; f. 1954; chartered public institution; foreign exchange and loans for commerce, industry, agriculture and development.

Banco di Napoli: Naples (Italy);Mogadishu and agency in Kismayo

Banco di Roma: Roma (Italy); Mogadishu and agency in Merca

Banque de Port Said: Port Said;Mogadishu.

National and Grindlays Bank Ltd.: London (UK); Hargeisa and Berbera.

Insurance

Cassa per le Assicurazioni Sociali della Somalia: Mogadishu, f. 1950; workmen's compensation.

Source: The Somali News (The Government Weekly News Paper)

I believe the old generation failed their mission as far I can remember. Now it’s up to us to take this responsibility to our shoulders, and beside that this is our time please don't hesitate to step up. bros and sis...

CIID WANAAHSAN

Ladiif   

The question is, can we(youths) do a better job

than they did/doing right now? If yes, what are

we waiting for? "Meel hoo ubaahan hadal wax

kamataro sxb". so let's put our best foot

forward and help them as much as we can and

forget the blaming game..remember, united we

stand.......we fall!!

Changed   

i agree with jamal

old people could take care of themselves and their kid how could they take care of us and our kid ..........they are too dumb and ignorant and part of that is they are un educated jahiiliin..except for everyone parents am talking about the politicians when i say jahiliin...