Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Cheesy romance book covers to die for....

Here are the reviews for the book I am going to recommend and send. ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Through-Night-Connie-B rockway/dp/0440223725/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I was so enamored with it that I actually wrote a review for it on amazon uk. Try to guess which one my review is.

Its by Connie Brock-way and is called all through the night. Its not what you think...its about a thief and a cop/assassin. A game of dangerous cat and mouse like tactics. Now I have said enough, I'm off to make a very scandalous topic.

Hey Siren,

I haven't received any PM from you yet...I will check back in few hour once I am back from gym...But i have put the book on hold in the library...bee bye

Scorpian- OMG LOL Guess what? I actually sent the email a long while ago and when I went back to check what was wrong I realized that I accidentally sent both you and Ibti's PM to the admins. I clicking on your profile and then click on the PM button at the bottom and not the pm button on the top right. Therefore the admin team are going to get some majorly funky and weird messages from me. LOL Ah well you live and learn. I've corrected it now and hopefully you'll receive my message apologies for the confusion I'm a little slow at times. I know as hard as that may be to believe LOL

Don’t forget- Johanna Lindsey, Amanda Quick, Julia Quinn omg i should stop ohh the shame. And don’t even start me on Julia Garwood that woman ruined me, seriously i now have un-attainable expectation, i curse the day i found her, but i can’t survive winter without her. She had me at Gentle Warrior you see and since then i never looked back. I’m now a proud owner of all her books and a veteran at the historical romance corner; it’s my very own pervasive guilty pleasure. .

Mills and Boon, are a girls right of passage if you ask me. I remember back when when, due to the half naked men and over hanging bosoms, i was forced to invest in book covers; and i remember one incidence in particular my dad asked me to see what i was reading....i nearly shiyted on myself, after pulling the cover he marched to my hoyo and you all know Somali mothers......ahh the yesteryears.

p.s Barbra Cartland book covers classic!

Indhoos   

Wow finally a thread about books.

So I am not a freak!!!!

I have to go and inform my siblings of this.

SS if you like Nora Roberts, then have you tried Sydney Sheldon and Iris Johansen.

Cynical lady-Ahh Julia Quin- I read the "duke who loved" me so sweet but I quite frankly I got tired of all those virgins getting deflowered by "rakes". The double standards still get on my nerves. I wouldn't have a problem with two puritans ending up together as I'd find that utterly endearing and so sweet not to mention fair.

Ps -Johanna Lindsey- the book of hers I liked was "the heir" and that was solely because I loved Ophelia the spoiled, beautiful and utterly heartless youngwoman in the story. At least she kept it real and was true to herself. The rest of them were a bunch of mousy-goody-two-shoes. If your interested I have a real book for you. Say the word and its yours. smile.gif LOL@the covers, I can imagine your mothers reaction but your fathers? Would have been embarrassingly classic.

Scorpion- you guessed right! What did me in was it the length or the hugging the book to my chest thing? LOL Psst I sent it finally! Yay!

Ismalura- LOL Welcome and come in. Feel free to share any book recommendations that you may have or any reviews with us. It will no doubt be greatly appreciated.

I'm actually starting to feel a little guilty that I have alienated the boys and a few ladies in this? Perhaps we should make a general book thread for all? Watch this space.

Indhoos   

Oh Amanda Quick, I loved that her books contained some kind of adventure, but the supernatural phenomenons in couple of them started getting old for me, and I also find some of the plots predictable in her books.

Julie Garwood, Wow, my favorite is "For the Roses. "

Judith McNaught, I enjoyed reading "Whitney my Love" and "Double Standard," They both have revenge and heroes who are quick to judge and condemn.

Shehrezade, I thought so too, but every once in a while I find myself looking forward to a cheesy romance novel and the sad thing is, I categorize them in my mind and will decide what twist I want in the story. May be something mindlessly lovey-dovey, or something with a mystery twist to it, etc. etc.

sheherazade - in truth I missed out on the Romance genre in my teens and only found out that such books existed about 2 years ago. As for its appeal? Well other than the escapism I was scandalized by the amount of saucy material and things I've read in these books. They've been real eye openers to say the least. Plus they're addictive though I hate 99% of them you find real gems every so often. Try one and tell me what you think...you wont believe the amount of history you learn from these books. I for example should be an expert on the french revolution and the etiquette thats required for living in amongst the aristocratic dwelling the ton. LOL- At least that the excuse I tell myself to justify the things I read. LOL

Psst- you cannot be serious walaalo? Read my response to scorpion regarding Judth McNaught- because-Whitney my love was a hideous book. He raped the woman repeatedly and then dared to accuse her of cheating when she became pregnant with is evil spawn. To top it all off the heroine accepted this idiocy! And that horse whipping scene near the very beginning? HOGAAYAY! My blood raged with vexation.

Chocolate-Honey- yep the historian is a great read, excellently written and literary fest for the eyes. As for self-help books like what? How to improve ones chi? and align ones karma? LOL

Aaliyyah   

How can you like Ophelia, akh I hated her.....Sabrina was the other girl I believe, it's been a while back when I read it...

Sabrina was the perfect girl....the kinda girl who's sweet and nice and every1 adores lol

salaam

^- LOL Dont even start on Ophelia at least she was strong enough to be herself. She was the only real character in the whole place. The others? Were carved right out of the many cliches that exist within historical romance. Not at all satisfactory (tisks and tuts her head)

Ps Sabrina? Was a sissy, a likable one indeed but mousy and self-effacing. I hate those martyr type sissy heroines. Sabrina was one, those she was cute and likable I dare say.

Cynical- And what point might that be? smile.gif