Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Cheesy romance book covers to die for....

(Waves her hands in the air) People, people can I have your attention please? It seems to me that there happens to be a bit of confusion about the legitimacy of the titles of these books. Therefore, I would like to stress that though these actual book covers exist, the titles and the little snippets of dialogues detailed here are all made up, it's supposed to make fun of the covers by producing a silly title. It's all a bit of tongue in cheek humour and if you've ever glanced up a romance book then you'll get the jest.

Note: they are not real titles people LOL

Aaliyah- LOL – Me a man and a romantic one at that? (looks down at herself) thankfully I've woken up this morning free from any masculine appendage that maybe causing me some discomfort so I'm sorry to put a downer on things but I have and will always be a woman. :D

Also I once read Virgin Henleys the pirate and the pagan, pure anti-female propaganda, the lead female was spoiled, selfish and utterly silly. I wouldm't have minded her arrogance and her childish behaviour had she at the very least been cunning with it. But alas she wasn't and don’t even get me started on the hero. UGH!

Scorpion Sister- LOL I do apologise for making you feel the need to defend your reading material but come, come lady…Stephanie Laurens is a ninny and her romantic heroes do leave much to the imagination don't they? (Grins I'm purposefully trying to annoy you ignore me my darling) also…btw- don't you find her "rama-jama bish-bosh" aka sex scenes obscenely lengthy and not at all satisfactory? The woman sure knows how to milk a love scene and its never even any good. The Rake/hero is always speaking to the herione like this "look in the mirror and watch me while I touch you, watching me touching you, I shall bring you to a heightened state of arousal so powerful its near pain, I shall spank you and scream "whose the daddy now eh my fiesty wench whose the daddy now!" ……(Silence) okay, so I added the last bit in but blooming hell my exaggeration isn't far off and you well know it. LOL I know, I know I'm shameless you'll get used to it.

Oh and which ones where made into movies? The Nora roberts books I mean

Ngonge- I'd like to thank you graciously for the welcome and the amusing somewhat oddily phrased compliments. I'd also hate to let you down but I have no idea who A-T is and can only assure you that I am "so fresh and so clean, clean" Meaning I'm honestly quite new to this place. I got my password and acceptance letter around christmas when I was bored but I didn’t have time to harass you all until now.

So Fahiima that means nope, I'm sorry I am new my dear. smile.gif

Ibti- LOL Thank you very much for the warning my sister I shall watch this Ngone at a distance and hell if he's offering his very brother to me then you can tell him from me to bring the boy forth. I should at the very least inspect the man before turning him away :D

Cara- LOL@Babara Cartland that woman was considered riske for her time you know. She wrote some very suacy tales to which I have now become desensitized too thanks to my lecherous obsession with saucy books. lol

Ms DD   

I had these

suitcases.jpg

full of Mills and Boons underneath my bed. I scoured all the libraries in Brent and Barnet and in the end I had to go to other boroughs to find fresh material..

I loved reading it, till they got too racy for me. Diamands in places i didnt know existed and cocaine snorting and not the conventional way either. Ah the memories.. I learnt somthing though. Wasnt waste

lol@ untill they got too racy, my dear Mills and Boon have probably got to be the most chaste of of the romance genre. The sauciest thing that ever happens in those books is that the herion breaks an ankle and the hero has to rub it for "medicinal" purposes.

Aaliyyah   

Aaliyah- LOL – Me a man and a romantic one at that? (looks down at herself) thankfully I've woken up this morning free from any masculine appendage that maybe causing me some discomfort so I'm sorry to put a downer on things but I have and will always be a woman. [big Grin]

For whatever reason I thought you were a guy and I was amazed that you had the guts to say you read Romance novels....now I know you are a somali girl that explains it :D

can a somali guy ever admit to reading such novels? I doubt so hehehe..

and yeah am sorry The siren for thinking you were a guy....my apology.

NG jooji waxa isku dirasaid..balayo icon_razz.gif

salaam

LOL No problem AAliyah I didn't take offense hell I felt a little "manly" for all but 3 seconds. Still, I'm surprised to find other Somaliladies who've read some of the books I have. I thought I was alone in this fixation.

The Siren,

lol you cracked me up...Yeah Stephanie's scene did evolve over several pages...I mean what women would want to shorten the session icon_razz.gif but as I said before, you read one scene in one book, other books are pretty much similar.

Oh the mirror scene, personally I am into little bit of voyeurism, so yeah watch me :D

As for Nora Roberts, previously made and released films are Angels Fall(which I loved the book, not so much the movie), Blue Smoke, and Montana Sky.

This march they would be releasing Northern Light, Midnight Bayou, High Noon, and Tribute...It starts March 21 and they would show one film every Saturday.

Oh yeah, where is the list, I didn't get anything in pm.

bee bye SS

LOL@watch me-Shaydaamad, as for the book I'm sending? I can't send it to you now as I'm at work and I dont have access to my home computer but I promise to send you the PDF version of it as soon as get home. I hope you can attach files in the pm thing. I have 5 more minutes in this place and then I'm gone! Horay!

As for all those books that were turned into movies? Were they made for TV MOVIEs or something because I am yet to come across them...

Miriam1   

The Siren, no she's not somail. Will get her alias and put up one of her stories. Sista...those movies look good. I always thought Lifetime had unknown actors..

I am getting into reading casual books slowly pickedup Sophia Kinsella..only one book left to read...I think I will read Nora Roberts next

look in the mirror and watch me while I touch you, watching me touching you, I shall bring you to a heightened state of arousal so powerful its near pain, I shall spank you and scream "whose the daddy now eh my fiesty wench whose the daddy now!" ……(

:D:D Lool, I almost chocked on my food. I wasn’t ready for this at all. At last, SS has a friend to play with. I never read saucy books, I’m a nerd umm, would rather read the DA VINCI CODE than romance novels.

Oh the mirror scene, personally I am into little bit of voyeurism, so yeah watch me

smile.gif

^- LOL hey you may laugh but it would be even funnier had you read the book at known that what I say is actually rather accurate hehe. Also I've read the Da vinci code also, its so commercial and over done. Have you read the Elizabeth Costovos the Historian? Guaranteed to make you salivate over libraries it did me. Then again for me? paradise would be a kind of library. (stole that quote from somewhere cant recall where just yet.

Hayam- Thank you very much I'd appreciate that along with if you could get some tips from her as to how to begin such a lucrative career in romance writing. LOL purely for idle interest of course :D

Scorpion-I have finally made it home and over a slice of cold pizza and a hot cup of tea I have managed to send you that PM...once I get your email or I'll send mine you will have within your possession a rollicking masterpiece of a book. I must warn you however that its extremely dark and tortuously beautiful not to mention very hot blooded. The tension more than anything is just breath stealing. Thank you for link as well insha'allah I'll check them out.

Oh and ladies and gentlemen if any of you are interested in reading a very excellent amusing book which isn't in the least bit sissy or dull then please feel free to PM me and I shall send you a PDF version of the whole book. You don't even have to buy it on Amazon, not unless you wish to of course.

So far I have Ibti and Scorpion down. If any of others wish to express an idle interest then please have no fear for I am more than happy to share. Such is my generosity :D