Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Cheesy romance book covers to die for....

lol Ibtisam,

She definitely thinks like me or is it me who think like her :D My apprentice is here and it is going to get interesting :D

And to all those unmarried ladies, the shelf, is not a place to fear but a place to celebrate...Don't pay attention to the rumor ;)

Ibtisam   

^^You tell them SS, all these rumors are messing with good sisters, some who end up leaping off with losers smile.gif

The Siren, any time.

lol Siren,

Sorry I didn't realize you would have responded so fast, I was writing slowly cause I am watching this Jockey show.

Okay that make sense, I was like no way those titles, would be printed let alone but on shelf.

Well I haven't read those authors, the ones I do read are Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, Jude Devereaux, Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood, and Stephanie Laurens.

Ps. glad to have you here, you and I, will get along very well...Now I wouldn't be the only female SOler who writes about desire, sex, and sexuality icon_razz.gif

LOL Scorpion Sister- Holy sh*t…I see now that I will be the one imparting you with what I like to call truly top notch “keeper shelf” romances. I am fairly brimming with excitement! You and I can see are going to get along like a house on fire! LOL But before I send both you and Ibti a pdf copy of the greatest arguably the best historical romance novel of all time (The lord of Scoundrels) I shall have to address a few issues.

Stephanie Laurens? LMAO! All her Cynister family stories are complete and utter rubbish dee! They’re always about silly naive little 19 yearold nitwits being molested by butch and barbarically beatific men of age 35. Don’t even get me started on “The devils Bride” I could’nt even read that book I nearly chocked on my own vomit! Why are these alpha men so bloody abusive and abrasive and the weirdest thing is-These blood idiotic females think they’re possessive "I’ll shag you to death" tactics are god forbid romantic? Give me break I like real heriones with both the intellect and wherwithall to withstand the overseeing horny tactsics of foolish "fake and hell" devil "rakes".

Judith Mcnaugh? OMG Holy heaven and all that is above do not tell me dearest sister that you have been brain washed to into thinking such book as these are healthy?

JUDITH MCNAUGHT!...That woman gives me the heebiejeebies its as if womens liberation never existed with her, lord she thinks having the lead male characters repeatedly "rape" and humiliate the heroine's in her stories is "romantic". What are even more disturbing is the positive reviews I see for her books from other WOMEN! *SHOCK*...I guess her books are like 20 years old and romance back then was very different, thank god! *Shivers in disgust* The worst book of hers I read was "Whitney my love" I actually howled with rage and indignation for women kind. It doesn't get any worse than that pathetic excuse for a woman and writer I apologise if my passion has vexed you..but surely you have read her books and found her to be bloody…strange. LOL

Julie Garwood I have qualms with and I like her heroines and heros LOL They’re both sweet and simple not in the least bit sexually oppressive and not a dull witted twat faced caveman or silly pock face girl insight insight.

Nora Roberts though is nothing special I have read a couple of her modern contemporary romance novels some of which are good. The one with the Archaeologist who was stolen at birth. Great read I liked the mystery very intriguing.

Sandra brown- writes hot sexual tension but her characters and men are far too bloody butch and in your face for my liking. The heroines aren’t always strong enough to keep up with those cave men. I like romance balanced or at the very least biased (ie sadistic in the lady rules sense lol)

Jude Devereaux- Is simple andlight some times enjoyable twattle depending upon the book. The Velvet series for example was kind of cute I have to admit but once again the ladies sometimes showed to be feisty and flighty to the point of idiocy while the men remain balanced, cool and composed all the time. I don’t like the subliminally anti-feminist connotations these books exhibit its very dangerous LOL

Ibti- Your absolutely right! Nor more self pity and even contemplating leading off with losers LOL

Ladies I must leave for this evening but both you and scorpion my ladies will insha'allah have a copy of a wonderful book at your disposal, if you so wish. Just let me know when you ladies are ready and I'll PM you ASAP...we can even start a book club.

I can see this is going to be the start of a very beautiful friendship. smile.gif Oh and I have an idea for a risky yet very funny topic for discussion tomorrow to watch this space people.

Aaliyyah   

a guy that reads Romance novels.....interesting smile.gif

Hopefully, you are romantic typa guy :D

some of my favorite writers...

Julie Garwood

Johanna Lindsey

Jude Devereaux

virginia Henley

salaaam

p.s. you're still not brave enough cuz you are anonymous icon_razz.gif

The_Siren,

lol there you go trashing it all to hell...Well I enjoyed cynister novel, although after couple of books, you notice the writing or description tend to suffer repeatable syndrome...But Alpha male, what I liked the most, is their sense of certainty...And the possessive quality, hmm shall I say maybe I am inflicted with it :D

I like Nora roberts what stood out for me is that she always have a mystery angle with her romance...If I am not mistaken, 5 of her books, were made into movies and another 4 more will be made this year. Although I enjoyed the movies, the books were much better...And she tends to have tough women which I liked about her.

Ah Sandra, she was my testing the water foray, into the sexual tension arena.

Jude was one of my earliest author, and she was really good, I enjoyed her descriptive style and she did keep her heroine grounded mostly ;)

Alright now that I have justified my chooses, see what I have been relegated to icon_razz.gif , I am requesting your suggestion and would wait for it...Knock me off

New topic eh sounds interesting, would look forward to it, till then bee bye

SS

Cara.   

LOOOL @ the first one. That one nearly killed me.

As for shameful indulgences, none of you can top this:

a teenaged Cara just learning English + too embarrassed to bring home those lurid Miles & Boon/Silhouettes titles = DAME BARBARA CARTLAND

Beat that :D

NGONGE   

Heh@Aaliyah :D

What made you think she was a guy? Was it her profane language? Or that she was a bit geeky in her choice of reading material?

Welcome Siren. I am not too fond of your hobby there but I bet I would still have read you thread even if you were talking about drying paint. You have rhythm.

Also, though I do not really own you and it is not my place to give you out as a gift to anyone, I am still going to offer you to my good old friend A&T when he returns from his 40 day absence. Dress nicely and don't worry about bringing your own novels.

Actually, forget all that. YOU ARE A&T (spread the rumour, people). icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^^LOOOOOOL @ giving her to A&T. That would be just sick. Although she has the likeable factor, can you imagine between them, the stories they will write!!! HAHA. icon_razz.gif

The Siren: Be ware of Ngonge, he acts nice, then sneaks up and stabs you in the back, but first he will try and throw you off to every waarabe around before finally offering his very own brother! Then when you say no, he will hate you and spread really bad rumors about you, like telling everyone you stink or you are from Germany and not Somali.

P.s. did I mention beware of Ngonge :eek: :eek:

Pucca   

The titles are absolutly horrible! far beyond cheesy if you ask me.

Interesting choices though..

NGONGE   

^^ The titles are not real. Doubt any publisher worth his salt would ever publish such titles (unless they were intended for comedy effect).

Ibti,

She looks his type, wouldn't you agree? At least now he can safely let go of Cara's jilbaab and hit on the real thing. :D

Malika   
:D @Cara, you took me back there..LOL,back in the days of sneaking around reading,my aunties days by gone novels,did you also read James Hadley Chase books too?..Lol The curious mind of a Somali teenage girl,when everything about men and sex was such a taboo subject,alot was learned from these books I tell ya! :D