Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The holy Taxi man

Abtigiis   

He was born Badal Yusuf Ridiq. The son of the traditional veterinarian Badal Ridiq. But no one calls him by that name. They all call him Xadreeye, although there is no one in this earth that he hates more than those ‘Kufaar’ who pretend to be praying to God when they are actually defiling him. He hates Sufi’s. But, this is not about Ina-Ridiq as most elders who remember his father call him. This is about Badal who arrived in North America in 1999 and who have worked hard to feed his family back home. It is about Badal, the taxi driver. Not that he was a taxi driver for long. In fact, today will be his first day as a taxi man in this white land. And he prayed to Allah. “May you make my rizqi halaal. May you be with me all the time”. After the Duca, Badal, a very good Muslim went out for the new job. Devout as he was, he never worried about what he will be getting out of this work this particular day. He wouldn’t mind as long his conscience is clear.

He didn’t have to wait long. Two young men stopped him and talked to him. Badal was content with the price they offered for such a short distance. He drove for about half-a kilometre when the car turned to the side, and abruptly stopped.

“What?” the men asked

“Get off now!” Badal said

“Why?”

“I tell you …leave my car”

“Alright. Your money is here.”

The men seemed puzzled. Perhaps they were with a lunatic.

“Take your money. I don’t want it” Badal shouted

The two men left the scene bewildered. Badal closed his eyes, held his hands up and prayed. And then, he run back to his house. He took out a sharp scissor and tore his driving license apart.

Ahmed-wali, the man who lent him the money with which he bought the car, couldn’t belive his eyes.

“War maxaad samaynaysaa? Have you gone mad?”

“No, I am indeed fine. I am getting my senses back. How could I ever think about becoming a taxi driver?! That was the mistake.”

“What happened?”

“God gave me the signs that I need to stop.”

“How?”

“ Hadaan maalinkii ugu horeysay Qaniis qaaday…Don’t you think it is a punishment from God and sign for me to know that I am involved in a filthy business.”

Originally posted by Torres:

Alaab iyo maalayacni!

Direct translation of that famous phrase eh?

As for the story, it's not as juicy as his other highly praised stories. :D

^ adigan waan kaa shakiyay ninyahow ma laga roone tahay ?

meesha lagu soo hadal qaado waad tagaantahay oo waad u doodaa ?

children, shaki away but i am sick of cab drivers talking about we will not drive so and so. For God sake, will drive people with alcohol, you will drive people with pork, you will drive jews, you will drive gay people... why drive to begin with? Did you hear what Somali cab driver tried to do minnihopeless? every city I go, the cab drivers are muslims 80 % of the time but only among Somali will you find such badawnimo.

^ you see abti .. there is something wrong with way yo view the world.

the taxi driver who refuses to carry alcohol is a man of principle in my book .. who holds his honor and integrity above $$$.

thos are men to be admired .. and here you call them badow .. and you defend the khaniis ?

NGONGE   

^^ When we were kids, there was a madman in our area that we chased and shouted a 'magic' word at. That word always made him swear and start emptying his pockets. The minute he did it, we would rush in and collect all the money he dropped. The magic word was 'Pele'! I have no idea why it had such an effect on him.

You remind me of that man but your magic word seems to be Naxar! :D

^^lol, liked to met that one

Geel jire, your name kinda sums it up for me, but anyways I think you misunderstand what a man of principle who holds his honer and integrity above money. What is described here is lunacy, honor or integrity and the principles you speak of, bigotry, if understand it right is one that can only be held in a place that promotes discrimination as Honor and ... These cabbies know very well what sort of country they are going to, a multicultural country where discrimination based what as person is is illegal. Go try to catch cab in any major city and let me see you praise the backward cabbies when they pass you on the street because your black.

:D @ NG ... correlation does not imply causation abti.

you have witnessed a few instances of me critiquing naxar's posts and assume that this holds true for all his posts.

only when he posts rubbish ... case in point (the post above mine is a perfect specimen)

the man equates being black with being a fag .. .. one is natural skin color .. the other a perverted and deviant lifestyle tell me NG how would you reason with such madness ? :D