Sign in to follow this  
king_450

I am Ashamed

king_450   

Well first i want take this opportunity to thank "SOL" Admn my first,for their dedication atleast this time to support the Somalis affected by the Tsunamis. What saddened me is as soon as i saw the site that is dedicated to support the Somalis, i went in and i saw the goal for us(Somalis) to reach is $5000, and guess what so far we have only $20.00 ,what a sad, yes i went in and made my contribution, plz remember these contributions are tax deductable and the tax season is approaching plz support and let's reach the goal or perhaps surpass it. Good luck to those who made the contribution and i wish we post their names. Please act up.

Baashi   

Jazak Allah fi kheyr King. Don't be ashamed bro. The sunnah is to give alms in secret nevertheless I understand where your frustration is stemming from. I would like to urge friends who congregate in this site to contribute (if they can) to this effort. I would like to thank the SOL admininstration the service rendered for the Muslims in Haafuun and other affected areas in Somalia - masaakiin Somalis who are in a great need.

Our prayers go out for the men, women and children who face the perils of the massive tidal waves that has devastated the lives of thousands of people all over the affected area. All the victim's in general and Haafuun residents in particular are in a state of great distress and misery. Surely, any contribution however small would mean a lot to them and in turn Insaha'Allah you will get great reward ten fold perhaps from Allah in the day of judgment.

Let's put our hands together and donate few bucks to these masakiin. If you don't have credit card use your debit instead (I'm not sure the debit). It would be nice if there is the option of sending checks for those who don't have credit cards (if the debit is not an option).

to protect the integrity of this charity is there anyway the Amdin could shed some light on who is overlooking the donations and making sure that they will reach the ppl afflicted by that disaster?

king_450   

AJ,bro your point well taken but at this time let's atleast reach the provided tunnel which is $5000 or perhaps pass the tunnel. To supervise the money we donate i don't really care because i blv it will reach the intended subjcts. Remember those of you who go to Star Buck and buy a cup of cofee it costs roughly $4.75 provided what state you are, so why not stop drinking a cup of cofee and contribute for your fellow somalis. Right now we have only $50 dollars. In my hometwon washington dc & its surroundings areas Va,Md we have collected over $75,000 dollars,what is wrong with the SOL peeps? Put up ,this is the time of need.

OG Moti   

Yep .. we need to contribute more... I have sent e-mail to all my friends with the contribution link, please do the same, Somali or non Somali it doesn’t matter, I did contribute to other nations too, so start sending the link to friends by e-mail, that is more than replacement for giving if you don’t cant afford to give..

brother King do not say shut up please, it is rude... even if it is just an expression, you are talking to educated Somalis, it is not nice to start calling names and figerpointing each other.. Wa Jazakal lah kheyr brother for what you trying to do..

Allah kariim

Peace

Thanks SOL.

SOL Tsunami Contribution

King, I'm sure plenty of SOLers have contributed already. It doesn't matter whether through SOL or another way. There isn't that much activity on the forums lately so why not spread the word. Send the link around like OG has.

But for those who have contributed: give some more.

And for those who haven't: don't be lazy, give; every little counts. Cut down on a silly expense(smoking, eating out etc) and you'll have more to contribute.

king_450   

OG-M ,bro my intention wasn't to foul mouth any decent human being or for that matter any 1. So your advise well taken and the words are deleted. Thanks