Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Does Love Drive You Mad?

Faheema.   

In 1990, a study in Italy indicated that people who have recently fallen in love have some of the symptoms of 'Obsessive Compulsive Disorder' or OCD. People with OCD behave obsessively about certain things. They might be constantly washing their hands, or need to continually check to see if the door is closed.

Does love make you sad?

Rather than making you happy, love could actually make you depressed. One symptom of OCD appears to be unusually low levels of the neuro-transmitter 'serotonin'. Low levels of serotonin have been associated with anxiety and depression. Italian students who claimed they had recently fallen in love were found to have serotonin levels 40% lower than their peers.

However, the biochemical effect of falling in love didn't last forever. When the same students were tested after their relationship was a year old, their levels had returned to normal. One author of the study has suggested that we require this chemical response for relationships to survive. After all, we'd have to be mad to fall in love wouldn't we? :D

Read more

cajaaib! I think that love in terms of romance and outside marriage relationships is overated, walahida! Ofcourse it makes you sad because you are dealing with someonelse's shidh on top of your shidh. That is whole a lot of shidh to deal with :D I remember my first love(if there is ever any obssesive compulsivness in me, It is all his foult :mad: . After it was all over, I was paranoid as hell, confused too :confused:

---------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

"Love is not good for your health"

Funny tho..markaad qofka xiiso badan u qabtid bood bood aa kugu dhacaayo..ma joogi kartid. Wac ha wicin..wac ha wicin...

But I dont think that is becoz of love..you get hyped up with everything you are excited about..so it is the excitement that causes the OCD...

Cheers

Foxy   

one Must suffer through the process of Love, in order to say they have loved or been loved one way or the other....Heck who said anything in life comes with out some sort of side effect....

cheers

Faheema.   

How come this thread has been moved to the Woman’s section ? Jacylku ma wax u gaara ah baa dumarka mise iga uun buu waalaa? :confused:

Ragaa taas ku caan ahe…from Shakespeare to Cilmi Bodheri icon_razz.gif

Foxy Why bother with it at all if you know there's gonna be side effects ? ....Just so you can say ohh I've "Loved" :confused:

Originally posted by
Legend of Zu:

"Love is not good for your health"

Funny tho..markaad qofka xiiso badan u qabtid bood bood aa kugu dhacaayo..ma joogi kartid. Wac ha wicin..wac ha wicin...

But I dont think that is becoz of love..you get hyped up with everything you are excited about..so it is the excitement that causes the OCD...

Cheers

LoL sounds like you’ve been there before ;)

I agree, wax kasta oo aad ka bad’badisaa will drive you mad…and obsessing heavily over another person is truly self-destructive and unhealthy. Try and keep a well-rounded perspective on the situation, hadii kale waad isku buuqi. :D

Blessed   

Jacay waa dhibaato

Waaka dhiiga ka jaqa

Kuna geeya ceelkee

Hadhibine naftaada

Dhaqaalee

Hadhaweysan caasaqa

No, I don't have it bad. The topic sent me on a lyrical journey.

On the topic, I agree with Mr Zu it's the excitement and infatuation that causes those feelings of insecurity, uncertainty and possessiveness obsession. It's like a prolonged job interview.. haha.

Note after a year, those feelings decline / disappear.

Foxy,

That is just inviting trouble sis. Might as well write 'mistreat me' on your forehead. Reminds of the Sameera Said song where she says something which can be translated as ‘indulge my heart only for once, even if you tell a lie’. (ish) Some people think putting up with shit is a manifestation of love. It isn't.

P.S

Fayruuz, like the new dirac malab. Hope your good. ;)

Faheema.   

^^ Fabulous darling, how are you and the little one? ...Hope all is well smile.gif

Jacay waa dhibaato

Waaka dhiiga ka jaqa

Kuna geeya ceelkee

Hadhibine naftaada

Dhaqaalee

Hadhaweysan caasaqa

Lyrical journey bay tidhi ...bal inoo sii wad dee :D

Urban   

Originally posted by Fayrouz:

[QB]....or need to continually check to see if the door is closed.

i do suffer from this, its really bad :mad:

Blessed   

^I do that, I can't relax if a door is open. My family hate it.

Fay, the little one has grown in to a loud little madam, ManShaAllah… Everything waa dhag dhag. Alxamdulilah.

Originally posted by Fayrouz:

Lyrical journey bay tidhi ...bal inoo sii wad dee
:D

Cool, I like making up stories for songs. I went to a poetry convention in 2004. Hadraawi said that Somalis need to stop singing about jacayl because the later generation might think inuu jacayl ina dhameeyay when research into our era. Lol. He does have a point.

Bal kaaley Fayruuseey, aan kuu waramee. Ganbadhkaagi iyo galaan shaaha bal soo qaado :D

A guy called Cawaale once fell in love. His friend noticed changes in him. When asked what the matter with him was, he sang the above song.

So his best friend Cilmi told him, 'dee inaabti sidan si maahee bal bal wax isku fal oo qoftaa sidaa kuu nasakhdey niyada ka gooso.

Cawaale was unmoved; he grabbed hold of his friend and broke into this ballad:

Waa I helay jacayl oo

Hami igu badnaayoo

Waan hubaa kalgacaloo

Waay I hayaa dhibtiisi

Sida hadhka ……….

Hawl yari maseexdoo

Habeenkoo badh tagey baan

Cawo ka war keenaa

Waa howl aduunyee

Tolow ma ii hiilineysa

…..

Cilmi markuu intaa maqlay ayuu rumeysan kari waayey. Wayo Cawaale wuxu ahaa nin aad u ciyaar badan oo had iyo jeer ka madeesan jirey inamada sheekoda jacaylka isku wareeriya. Masuu yidhi.. waar ma kaa runbaa.

Cawaale wuxuu ugu jawaabey:

Jacayl kala awood weyn kii iil ka dhigay Qays

Laylana ag seexshaa ana igu abuurmo

Oogaduu ku faafiyo

Diidey inaan asqeeyo

Cawo igu eryaayee

Wadnahay ololayee

Bal mey ii dhigi abaal

Oo arinteyda meel may marin…

Cilmi markuu arkay in saxiibkii Cawaale, howl culusi ay haysatoo ayuu ka yaabey qofta silica sxbkii ku ridey. Suu bilaabey inuu ogaado cidey tahay iyo waxa uu saxbkii ku caashaqey inuu ogaado …

Cawaaale wuxuu ugu jawaabay Fayruus baa og baa layidhi...