Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

This is not Relief Aid this is Kissing-up

Kuwait Pledges $500M for Hurricane Relief

The oil-rich Persian Gulf state of Kuwait said Sunday it will donate $500 million in aid to U.S. relief efforts ...and follows a $100 million aid donation from the emir of a Mideast neighbor, Qatar...

Kuwait and Qatar's donations came as the Egypt-based 22-member Arab League called on Arab nations to provide relief to the U.S.

And here is how they responded to the Tsunami stricken Muslim people.

Thus, Saudi Arabia on Tuesday raised its initial pledge of $10 million to $30 million, the United Arab Emirates to $20 million from $2 million, while Kuwait increased its initial $2 million to $10 million, as many began airlifts of relief supplies to the tsunami-hit areas in general, not only to the Muslims.

and that came as a result of:

"Western media criticism that rich Arab countries were being too stingy in their contributions."

Arab response to tsunami picks up

Johnny B   

And What amout is suitable to be called a relief aid in your vocabulary , that could go a non-Muslim state ?

or is it maybe just maybe the ppl of New Orleans are less worth the money of a Muslim state?

Johnny Bravo

Lets face it sxb, America doesn't give a rats **** about this. That is the reality. It doesn't need aid, it gives aid. If America needed anything, it would go to its friends namely UK, Germany and Japan - the largest economies on this earth.

Having said that, for someone to kiss-up to another, usually and yes usually, that person wants something in return. I just do not understand what in return will these Arabs get, more support for Israel, more bashing of Arabs?

Fyr   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

And What amout is suitable to be called a relief aid in your vocabulary , that could go a non-Muslim state ?

or is it maybe just maybe the ppl of New Orleans are less worth the money of a Muslim state?

An amount that fits with the country they reside in financial capacity, and I tell you American economic capacity is unlimited concurring this tragic event. Even a country with greater GDP then Kuwait such as Sweden didn’t even offer one million, the only thing they offered was a relief team which handles water sanitations and America has yet to accept the offer.

Johnny isn’t that they are less worth the money, is just that don’t need that kind of amount when those tsunami victims are still in need of aid money which rich Arab states have yet to response with a reasonable aid.

Changed   

MUST WE ADD THE U.S WAS KISSING AS WHEN THEY HELPED IN THE TSUNAMI..COME ON PEOPLE ..PEOPLE HELP EACH OTHER WHEN IN NEED :eek: :eek:

politically bro you are right.America helps the whole third world countries despite their religion, don't you think it time for the muslim world to give it back when America is in need. i don't care what is the political motivate behind this but Kudos to those Arab nations that have represented us as muslims in this contribution.we can't be only recievers some we get give and it time bro.

One more thing Kuwait owes to the united states, they free them from a brutal dictator(Gulf war).Americans lost life to liberate kuwait not including the amount of money they spent in that war. don't you thing Kuwait should donate billions to America what it was struck by mother nature?I can't remember sir lanka doing anything for kuwait or any arab nation but they still paid their share of the pie chart during the tsunami.

There is so many thing i dis agree with the Arab rulers, but this one i support them. the only time they did something constructive that i am a ware of.

^^^ Dudes, If you are rejecting what US marines has to say..reject the concept rather than labeling him...he merely stated his opinion.

My personal view, What Arabs countries do donate or don't they do it looking after their Political interests. they do not donate because of Islam...

As for a Muslim, if you are donating, yeah, your muslim brethern has the priority. and You donate as per need basis (and whateva you can afford) You dont enrich the rich and you dont ignore the poor.

Cheers

The Legend of zu thanks atleast there is someone who respects others views.

Salaxuudin it is not 6 week but 13 weeks if that will make you happier. And to correct you marine corps has nothing to do with the way i view things.I might view things different than you, but that does not mean that you are right or wrong. so please respect others view.The topic was posted to be discussed but not to agree with you.

Liibaan i don't sound like bush spokeman but i have different opinion than you. even though there are things that i disagree with you i still respect your view. I expect the same way from you. I am not spokeman for Bush.Infact there is no official use request of help from the world nor did they comment about all the help offered by the other countries.

Let us go back to kuwait's donation. If the so called Arab countries donate money to US i don't care for whatever reason it just make us (muslims) look good. thanks to Nigeria donated 1 million dollar and i expect more muslim nations to donate. who said we should only be recieving.

it is not an Arab money if u think so ,,,, they just keep it for da Americans whenever they need ,,,, and now they need for this disaster ,,,,

it is not a donation or Aid ,, or wateva ,, :mad: