Sign in to follow this  
ayaanick

Around the Table!!

ayaanick   

SO it's about 1:17pm in the afternoon. and your probably wondering what the hell is she about to talk about...well sit assured, I am wondering the same thing your wondering. Well you see I haven't expressed myself in here lately so I thought it was time, that I did, and I still don't have a clue of how, and why I should do it. yeah, let me talk about my life..my life that's too broad. Last night, yes last night. I cooked for couple of my friends(school mates), and an interesting topic was introduced to the table(what table I don't have one,), but anyways, the topic was...can money buy you happiness? I definatly said no, and I meant it, I nearly got all these killer looks from the table(what table...), let's move on, where were we? ooh yeah there was another one this one from me. Do we really have freewill to do as we wish, or is everything that happens to us already predicted for us? and if so, why bother..cause whatever is going to happen to you will happen to you? Right? NO? Okay you choose to agree or disagree.

I am out.....>>>

Ayaanick

first get a table and second get a money and see if you gone be happy or not, lool

ok ok, can a money buy a happiness? I think in a way yes, but if you only have some one to share with….other wise you will commit suicide like most other millionaires did…

its predicted tonight that you’ll cook dinner for me tonight…what comes after it…will keep it to our self ok…

Abdinuur   

Ayaanick,

Interesting questions girlfriend...

Can money buy you happiness?

I'd say yes b/c depending on the situation you're in...I think if you have sufficient amount of money, your life would be stable and would have less worries. I think the happiness comes in when you spent your money on good a cause like charities and paying off my school tuition.

Do we have a free will?

Yes - in a sense b/c our choices really dictate our daily life...eating, sleeping, marriage, school, religion...etc

On the other hand, every thing that happens to us is already predicted and predestined by Allah. Remember as Muslims we have to belief this principle in our faith.

Sometimes I wonder if Allah already predestined our lives, what's the point of living? This is where faith comes in...the free will to choose the bad and the good or to pray salaat or not to.

I talked to a Shiek long time ago and I asked what would happened if some righteous man who has done nothing but righteous acts throughout his entire life was predestined to go to hell...and his response was that it could happen...you can be righteous person all your life and can end up in hell when you die b/c this was predestined for you.

And I belief this really happens. Only Allah knows everything you know. What do you think?

smile.gif

Ariadne   

^^ you over spend and regret it later. Never go shopping when your happy, angry, hungry or sad the results are never pretty (especially groceery shopping :eek: )

Jamilah   

Asalamu Calykum,

I talked to a Shiek long time ago and I asked what would happened if some righteous man who has done nothing but righteous acts throughout his entire life was predestined to go to hell...and his response was that it could happen...you can be righteous person all your life and can end up in hell when you die b/c this was predestined for you.

I would like to respectfully state this is the biggest rubbish I have read since I have here on somaliaonline, are you seriously saying that if a man was to do nothing but act on righteous deeds and believed in Allah he could go to hell?

Never! Allah has promised those who have acted on his orders and have been obedient shall be rewarded with the great news of paradise. Subxanallah, sorry but I do not believe any wise Sheikh would ever have this theory. You make it seem as if Paradise and Hell was a thing by chance

Salaam.... :(

I agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^but then we my both be be wrong. The extract in qouation made sense to me until you didnt conclude ((like i was assuming you were about to)) that it was refering to a non-muslim.

ayaanick   

I am glad that you guys even looked at this topic. But I guess it grapped some attention. I do beleive that money can bring some sort of a happiness, but it cannot sustain happiness for someone. MOther Trissa, wasn't rich, but she sure was happy with her life. What is happiness to you is the question? Is it measured by what makes you feel comfortable, or how you chose to live your life, or is it something way more deeper. Some people just love being alone, whether rich or poor, and that makes them happy. What is this happiness that we are talking about?...spritiul..emotional...material?? Hey I am happy as.... well..just happy, I at the moment, you could say I am not happy with what the acount is holding okay, but that's soon to change, so if you all need some change in your pockets halla back...but on the real though...money can't buy happiness, it can take you close to happines...so you think????????????

Abdinuur   

Jamilah,

I know it's more confusing to think that a righteous person would end up in hell. But everything is already planned. You see, before creations, everything was planned. Our deeds are written at birth, whether we will end up hell or heaven.

You see...a righteous man can be a righteous all his life and when death comes knocking on his door or close to his door, he'll do something or commit some illegal, forbidden act and he might end up in hell.

It's part of faith. Allah knows if we're gonna go to hell or heaven, right?...so what's the point of praying salaat? It's all about faith and as Muslims we adhere to this principle.

smile.gif

And of course like you said...Allah is most merciful and most forgiving...and this makes a difference.

ayaanick   

True..True...faith is all that matters. We do have choices in life, but Allah always knows the ending result. Whatever that is going to happen to you will happen to you...therefor faith is very important. Just Trust Allah, and Allah will help you!!! It's too deep for my little brain.

Table issue: I will buy one(but hold on the salvation army gives them away for free)...thanks for the advise!!

Paragon   

Oh! I thought t'was "Ina mal acmaalu bi'niyaat?

Senora   

To determine whether or not money will bring you happiness is rather foolish.......

No ONE person can utlimately conclude what makes every person happy...we all have different values, interests, and so on...

happiness and a sense of fullfillment correlate together, therefore when we actually reach or obtain that sense of fullfillment CAN we state that what MAKES US trully HAPPY....

For me, im at a peak of happiness when i can help others.....when i realize others are in need, it gives me a sense of fullfillment when i can bless them with what i am already fortunate enough to be blessed with....in other words, money can get me the things i need that will benefit others

for others, this happiness may be achieved spiritually....they live as simple as possible, and spread their love through religion....( like so many relatives i have)

basically what im saying is, there is no way to answer that question( can money bring happiness)...because though we may posess similar emotions, what brings about those emotions can be different for each and every one of us