Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Baby Moma

Kool_Kat   

Bal marka hore soo dhowaada marwooyin iyo mudane yaal...

Today a very dear friend of mine called and asked me to the movies this weekend and asked if we could see the new movie Baby Mama... After agreeing to see it, it got me thinking...

So here's my question: if you and your partner couldn't get pregnant and tried almost everything there is, would you ever consider having a surrogate mother to carry your child?

I would have posted this in the women's section, but this is not just an issue for women...After all it takes two to get pregnant! :D In any case, let's hear from some men on this issue...

Pacifist   

KK abaayo am not sure if it Islamically allowed, lakiin will research what Islam says about this issue.

Children are the greatest gift Allah can give us.

KK, I wouldn't do it, I don't think it is islamically correct because how could you make someone ur not married to carry ur baby. Anyways, if the problem was from my side and I don't want leave my husban I would allow him to marry second wife or I will adopt a child.

I agree with pacifist, islamically is not allowed, i just have to accept what Allah have planned for me... beside adoption is always an option..

^ juwairiah i would think inseminating another women with your husbands sperm would be a bigger problem .. then her burden of carrying your baby .. and technically it is not your baby is it .... it is your husbands and hers ?

does zina only cover the act and not the result ? ( only the delivery system and not the payload ? :D )

is there any fatwa regarding this ?

Cara.   

^And what if a surrogate mother only carries an embryo to term, with the egg and sperm coming from the married couple?

KK, nope. Too wasteful and egotistical.

Baluug   

I wouldn't go for a surrogate mother, I'm not that desperate to have kids, seeing as I have 2 already, so I know there's nothing wrong with me!! :D

I've heard this type of thing is haraam anyways.

And now, the real reason why I'm in this topic....

Geel_Jire, I definetly agree with you. I will e-mail my local eman to know the fatwa behind this topic. Anyways, if ur gonna let another women have ur husband's sperm why don't you just do the halal way. That what I think.

Kool_Kat   

Juwairiah, what would you be benefiting from by letting him marry a 2nd wife so he could have children with her?

I can just see him getting ready to go to her and saying 'ok honey tonite is Khadra's turn, I'll be spending the nite there, see you tomorrow' and a kiss on the forehead...NO THANKS!

MMA, don't you worry, cunugteyda surwaalkeeda iyo guntiinadeyda waa isku tolan yihiin... :D

When I posted this, I was thinking along the lines of what Cara said: 'what if a surrogate mother only carries an embryo to term, with the egg and sperm coming from the married couple?'...

Malika   

The surrogate business is dodgy, wont that child be a *******[born out of wedlock]? ... :confused:

Haneefah   

Whether the embryo is from the married couple and they simply use the surrogate mother for carrying purposes, or whether any donor egg/sperm is involved, artificial insemination is strictly xaraam as concluded by the scholars. It's tantamount to zina and the same ayaats are used to substantiate this ruling. Very logical too.

Besides, lineage which is one of the fundamental human rights that Islam protects can be breached as a result of this process. Can you imagine the utter confusion this poor child will be subjected to in determining his/her real parents? How just and ethical will this be?

Jacpher   

I never understood this surrogate thing very well. I thought it meant implanting bank sperm to the mother and the baby grows to search his biological father on Google. From I am reading here, I gather it also means buying or renting a womb of another woman for carrying a baby for nine long months. Aduunyo xaalkaa ba' Someone remind me that maahmaah, cimrigaagoo dheeraada....

A couple trying to have a baby goes to the hosptial, doctor takes the husbands stuff, mix with the women's eggs, implant them into a rental womb [of another women, preferably young healthy good looking one] for nine long months. Baby comes to the world confused. Has a father and two mothers, one related by blood, the other by attachment and birth. How of a mother that never carried, breast fed and never given birth to the baby? Is that really the definition of motherhood?

Never underestimate what money can buy. Women renting their bodies to other women. Why not open the market for men. I'm sure they too would love to do some renting of young healthy good looking girls. Maybe for different purposes but competitions is always good for business.