galbeedi

This man , Xiddig really understand how the federal system should be working.

8 hours ago, Samafal said:

Who told you that he is my candidate?

We are ok to change horses in the middle of race, xagee u wareegtay?🙂

8 hours ago, Samafal said:

Anyone can have a chance regardless. But my point is you said the chain can be broken so what difference will that bring?

Ma maqashay colka waraf ma Lagu Dayey?

What has the duopoly achieved for Somalia in last 20 years! It is highly likely we are missing a big talent in leadership by what was going last 20 years.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

^^^Things moving quickly,  I was not hoping much from this group 

Good progress so far

La iskuma raacsano. Deg degaan waxaa soo saartay kuwa mucaaradka u shaqeeyo oo rabo Fahad mootiyaan musharaxbimadiisa. Codna looma qaadin see awal ahaan jirtay.

Samafal   
5 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Ma maqashay colka waraf ma Lagu Dayey?

What has the duopoly achieved for Somalia in last 20 years! It is highly likely we are missing a big talent in leadership by what was going last 20 years.

So who are you impressed with their talent from the other you would like to throw their hat in the ring? Bal give us names?

I believe Reer Waqooyi could table one or two but that is if Hargeisa want to play ball.

Samafal   
5 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

We are ok to change horses in the middle of race, xagee u wareegtay?🙂

Prove I ever said he was my candidate or horse?

Samafal   
4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

La iskuma raacsano. Deg degaan waxaa soo saartay kuwa mucaaradka u shaqeeyo oo rabo Fahad mootiyaan musharaxbimadiisa. Codna looma qaadin see awal ahaan jirtay.

There was one thing we learned today which is Farmajo supporters in the parliament are few & violent. Hebal Jiisoow need to stop his itchy fingers meesha ma wuxuu mooday Xafiiska NISA uu dadka ku handidi jiray?

Arafaat   
20 hours ago, Samafal said:

Anyone can have a chance regardless. But my point is you said the chain can be broken so what difference will that bring?

it could lead to greater and more united groups of politicians holding the government accountable. And government forced to take opposition voices in to account and seek coalitions on issues, rather then relying on permanent of clan coalitions and be more cautious in offsetting tension. This is based on an ‘if’ assumptions, as other factors are at play as well.

But issue is that this kind of third road alternative are the way to break heavily political polarised landscapes, as is the case in Somalia.

• Thanks 1

Arafaat   
5 hours ago, Samafal said:

So who are you impressed with their talent from the other you would like to throw their hat in the ring? Bal give us names?

I believe Reer Waqooyi could table one or two but that is if Hargeisa want to play ball.

Somali’s need to stop electing people who want to get elected to satisfy their big ego’s. Instead they should consult on what kind of leader is needed and then seek the right candidate based on this, and disqualify anyone who dares to campaign or put himself forward, but only rather nominate people who really don’t seek it given the great responsibility and expectations. A leader who has been sought to do the job and does it because of the moral responsibility, would do a much better job then those whose ego is in the way. 

10 hours ago, Samafal said:

What kind of country locks certain positions for certain groups,  the  potential of freeing the nation from this backward clanish wat of thinking,  is limitless. 

Think about it

Samafal   
22 hours ago, Arafaat said:

it could lead to greater and more united groups of politicians holding the government accountable. And government forced to take opposition voices in to account and seek coalitions on issues, rather then relying on permanent of clan coalitions and be more cautious in offsetting tension. This is based on an ‘if’ assumptions, as other factors are at play as well.

But issue is that this kind of third road alternative are the way to break heavily political polarised landscapes, as is the case in Somalia.

Ma fahmin! Are you saying the third alternative are not clan based a.k.a D.I.R ama D&M as Makhiri was arguing for? And if they are, how will they be different ? There will be same squabbles over position, complaint of bias real or perceived, personal interest that will ride on clan sentiment. Same old sh1t, no?

Samafal   
18 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

What kind of country locks certain positions for certain groups,  the  potential of freeing the nation from this backward clanish wat of thinking,  is limitless. 

Think about it

I like your dodge! You are complaining of positions locked for some when you are the one here calling for positions locked for others so that an artificial chain is broken? All you care is the chain being broken?? Typical Somali. But on the other hand I am interested the aftermath and that is why I asked: What then? What talent is out there you would like to be brought in? 

Samafal   
23 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Somali’s need to stop electing people who want to get elected to satisfy their big ego’s. Instead they should consult on what kind of leader is needed and then seek the right candidate based on this, and disqualify anyone who dares to campaign or put himself forward, but only rather nominate people who really don’t seek it given the great responsibility and expectations. A leader who has been sought to do the job and does it because of the moral responsibility, would do a much better job then those whose ego is in the way. 

Agreed but that is in an ideal world. In Britain we have Boris Johnson, surely he is not the brightest brain in her majesty the queen's residents?  If stable countries with strong institutions can not attract talented people to lead what chance does intrinsically divisive Somalis have to come to consensus to elect the brightest with moral responsibility? And who will define who is morally responsible? Sheikhs, Businessmen, elders? Are they not all already involved one way or another?

Arafaat   
On 4/20/2022 at 1:34 AM, Samafal said:

I like your dodge! You are complaining of positions locked for some when you are the one here calling for positions locked for others so that an artificial chain is broken? All you care is the chain being broken?? Typical Somali. But on the other hand I am interested the aftermath and that is why I asked: What then? What talent is out there you would like to be brought in? 

Are u saying there are no political talents among those other clans that are not part of the larger dominant sub-clans? Or you haven’t seen any around? 

the point is that the current system of selection and election does not encourage the right candidates irrelevant of which clan they are, and tends to pave the way for specific type of figures from specific sub-clans only. And you are right in some sense that locking the Presidency or PM post for other clans would not change much, except for make more people feel part of the system and maybe it could lead to more competition and accountability compared with the current duopoly, not saying that this would change everything.