Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Wedding!!!

Ismahaan   

Mmm interesting topic indeed, I have been many Somali weddings. I must say Somali wedding is all about non stop party that ends late time, men and women together, boys and girls dancing in front of each other doing some nicko and playing dhakac dhakac dhimsilikow lol, not making dua for the new married couple. Also we have seen the groom holds the bride’s hand and slips a ring on her finger which is a violation of the QUranic law of hijab. we see that such a beautiful thing in Islam, the marriage, if isn’t expensive enough, the whole family will listen to the slander of ignorant people for several years. For the curious, various studies so called Somali Been been sii (BBS) report the average cost of Somali wedding in the UK to be about £20,000 duh guys. I really cannot see why people have to spend so much on getting married??

As umu zakaria said, it would be nice if they donated that money to dying Somali kids, schools and/or agoonta. In my point of view a wedding is supposed to be a ceremony joining two people together who love each other-this whole celebrity –fuelled idea that the ceremony should be lavish, glamorous or expensive has totally smothered that fundamental concept. Yes, I know it makes no sense. We see today that marriage in islam , is just an “legal” excuse for having a relation with a boy/girl. Marriage is no longer that special bond between the two of Allahs Slaves, as Allah Ta3ala describes in Quran ul Kareem. I guess my point is that people need to stop worrying about the wedding and focus more on trying to make a happy marriage and do what Allah (swt) order us to do and be. :confused:

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

PS: What are you wearing? It's a black tie maaha?Are you doing the whole shebang, strapless and all? Caawa mar-marsiinyo aa xusuladii baruurta aha ku soo saartid aaba heshay, waa kuu dhacatay
:D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL@xusuladii baruurta aha...Naa baruurtii koofid bay suxuladeyda u noqotay, so no strabless dress...Heedhe sowkumaan odhar waa shaash raar kon xeero, sidee wax u fahantaa...lol...It was a dirac thingy...If you must know I wore a Pierre Cardin dirac - and no it is not a dirac aan habar Somali ka soo gatay - iney yaqaanaan ilamaba aha...lol...Gosh it looks good enough to eat...

Ok now let's get down to business:

Neey Helicopter - maba kasugeenbo markii hore

Neey Singing to each other - would've been funny thou

Neey Dirac siib for niiko!!!

War heedhe haya xalay istacajib iyo amankaak baa igu dhacay...Markii niikada la soo gaaray, someone grabbed a little girl (not more than 8 or 9yrs of age)...So I am standing there watching and thinking to myself that may be she is related to the bride or groom...Doesn't she just start iney niikiso...Dhulka leeba hanoo fariisatee, niikadii aduunka...Waligey wax saas u niikiyo ma arkin - mind you she is may be 8 or 9yrs old...I was soooooooooooooo disgustted to say the least...All this time her mom is standing there watching...I am usually not a violent person, but I wanted inaan hooyada katayda intaan u siibto, aan taakada la dhaco...So hideous, uffffff...

In all, it was a tacky wedding...WEEEEEEEEY too many people at least 500+, no organisation what's so ever, way too many caruur and I mean caruur...

Why not 500+ when the wedding being hyped as the madhouse wedding of the year with helicopter hovering over dhug dhug dhug dhug dhug, niiko 800 (only goorgarad iyo rajibeeto) and then hindi camal singing to each other. I knew it was all hype when I first read this post.

Kool_Kat   

LLPP, war waan iska ogaa ineysan waxaas run eheenee, I was just curious as to how low Somalis would go...

Rudy, finally eh?

Alla xalay maxeey naago badan kabo taako leh eey barafka ku sambariiraxdeen...Not me, I took my UGGS with me...

Kool_Kat   

^Maxaa yur ii dhehee...You're luck inaan wili daal nahay, hadii kale...

It was boring, it was lame, it was long...No xan fresh at this time...Sorry...

Haneefah   

Ma todobo-bax baa hadana la bilaabay in helicopters la isku keeno? Reer Toronto wax kasta waa laga maqli, Allah ha idiin sahlo, amiin dheh. smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

If they can afford it, let them flaunt it...Don't hate...Idinka u donate gareeya meelahaa sheegoysiin, I am sure y'all can afford two or three hundered dollars to donate... :D

If the whole world thought like that, there would be no war, no hunger, nothing...So people are not the same and don't think the same...If you don't agree with them, then, OH WELL!!!

I am all for having a wedding and spending it shamelessly if you can afford it... ;)

Well. the helicopter business was done by the aussies back in the days - 90's kii wax cusub maha! kaneediyaanis are tad bit late, aren't they?

soon we will see couples saying they would renew their marriage sida gaalyaalka oo kale!

Cheers

No xan fresh at this time...Sorry...

Maxaa waaye beenta?

Sabtidii, sida KK sheegeyso maba u ogeyn arooskaan inuu dhacaayo. Matter of fact, I found out when I got to the scene that helicopter ay dadka is aroosaayaan ku imaanaayaan?

To my surprise, as I was dropping the ladies off, guess whose car did I notice oo parking kujiraa, must have been close to 1am or so markaas? KK's car, waiting, so I honked and honked and honked and KK and Co just kept staring towards me, and I forgot I had tinted windows, so I am saying why isnt she waving? Getting really angry at this point, kept honking few more times, and lady kk and Co(few ladies) were in that tiny toyota echo hatback of hers just kept staring, no one dared to get out.( I guess she didnt realize the new shaati aan ayaamahaan wato, my old acura shaati lee igu ogeed yahey@KK)

I guess they were waiting until arooska isku dhaco inorder for them to make a grand entrance, KK waxaas iyo wax ka daran waaba lagu yaqaanaa.

Anyways, finally as we were about to take off after I got tired of honking towards kk, waxaan aragne dad badaanka joogo oo dhahaayo, you are guys are leaving already? and I was like nah, I was just here dropping off some people, and they turned around and said, helicopter ay the groom and bride ku imaanaayaan and u are just going to take off?

I was like rexdale iyo helicopter? and the ladies nodded, so I was like, now I know he must have done something heavy for metro police to keep an eye on him through the air, forget the ground.

Waan sugnay ilaa iyo 1:20am, marka aan waaye helicopter, waaba iska baxnay and still kk baaburkeeda yar ay ku jirtay, not sure when she made her entrance, but it was probably late into the night.

The moral of the story is that dadkaan wanted guests to come from corner to corner, and they did, it seemed packed, all for the name of rumor, and they got what they bargained for, and thats nothing.

Ismahaan   

Rudy,

i love yah ismahaan! where u been hidding all this yrs!

u mine!! stamp that rudy's dream come true!! finally, no gold-digger...thank u thank u.

i love yah ismahaan! where u been hidding all this yrs!

answer: Rudy , I was around all these years waiting for ya lols. And u right bro I am not gold-digger thanks god but I am brain digger because I don’t mess with guys with low IQ. Thus As long as you're intelligent, educated, good looking, respectful, decent, would be my only man that I could love with every beat of my heart, then u will always have a place in my heart, don’t shy smile.gifsmile.gif

having said that , what about men could they be gold-digger as well >? …….I believe men pick women for their beauty because if a man can have a beautiful out of this world woman then it's the same thing as being a gold digger, these rappers exploit and use woman.

Peace mate