Sign in to follow this  
underdog

Whats the deal with fast food?

underdog   

This is an interesting question. I know a very large majority of us are fasting this month and we pray like clock-work. But how much of what we eat is halaal ?

Hopeful someone here has more insight on this. I read a shiekh from South Africa who said they had to protest and boycott fast food restuarants until they started using halaal meat. He moved to Canada and appealed to the fast food company's hear but they ignored him so.

I realized it was a BIG question that no-one really pays attention too (could it be just me?)

What are we eating?

Abdinuur   

Being a college student, you just cant survive on peanut butter & jelly...you just cant do it...specially when you live on-campus...no more mom's cooking na mean.

But I read a translation of the Quran somewhere that some of the meats the non-believers (i'm not sure if it exactly said 'non-believers' or the ansaar, cuz there's a difference!) slaughter are lawful for us to eat. plz do double check on this...it has been a while since I read this. you can find it somewhere in the first to third sura's.

I know turkey (not the country - but the bird) is halaal, but would that be in the same category as the other meats...slaughtered by non-Muslims?

Also, you can have fish, which is halaal regardless...even if it is a dead fish!

Where's my cat-fish ppl at?...lol

Yo this is definitely a great a question...looking forward to articles and findings from my fellow nomads....carry on.

hukri   

Have you thought about this? I mean we say we can't live without fast food and stuff but seriously and especially even after afuur we should really avoid it. Should I tell you why? Here it goes (a friend embraced me with these facts not facts facts but you know what I mean!):

All day we fast, thinking about our brothers and sisters in worse conditions and thank Allah constantly for what we have. What's the point if you're gonna waste the entire day by going to Mcdonalds that first of all is owned by yahuud and second of all give money to isreal so that they can produce weapons to kill our fellow brothers & sisters of Islam? I think it's like 20 cent or so for every drink/meal(maths, not my thing, but here in sweden it's like a SEK from every drink/meal goes to "charity" for jews!...well just liked to share that little bit of knowledge a gained these past days! :rolleyes:

i dont no how ppl eat this stuff! first of all with all these diseases like mad cow, cloned meat, meat/food subistitutes, genetical modified fruit/vegatables etc., i dont understand how can one go to mcdonald or kfc! i buy a leg of lamb or goat from halaal place and just cook twice a week! rest i freezed in portions and then just warmed when i get hungry.

Macalin   

I Love Mcdees!

I eat The WHOPPER

I Beleive that most of these burgers are not slaughtered islamically,laakin like my good ol buddy AbdiKaafi(lol)said,if they was killed by the "people of the Book",then hiya!

personally need more info,i havent eaten a mcdees in 3months now!

nuune   

i eat chineese and vietnamese food,

i also eat alot of whoppers,they won't make me fat since iam immune to that

N.O.R.F   

do you guys know the amount of times the iportance of eating xalaal food is mentioned in the Quran? if u did then i'm sure u will stop, next time order a Fillet meal, if that aint enough order another and so on......

u tell em north smile.gif , i was unfortunate enought to have a stint at Mc'D's as a worker (3 months actually), and although i could have eatin antyhing i wanted i chose to stick to Fillet of Fish meal, as that was the least problematic.

salam saxiib. Well by problematic i was just being as hoest as possible. Although the fillet of fish was fish, they where cooked in the same oil as the chicken, so is that ok or not ok??

see what i mean smile.gif

underdog   

I see. Well I would think if it was cooked in the same oil as pork then it would be wrong so if it uses the same oil as non-halaal food then it also becomes contaminated?!?

Besides, all fast food places hire employees at minimum wage in not so pleasant working conditions. Do the workers even care about how the food separated or do they just do what they have to do to get their pay checks?

N.O.R.F   

1st of all M'dees is not a place i tend to go and eat, any fast food joint i aint sure of i dont bother eating there, if the place looks unhygeinic and i have to eat there because there is no alternative, then yeah it is that easy!