Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Stuff Somali People Like

Jacpher   

There is that popular site, Stuff White People Like then there's Stuff Educated Black People Like. These sites were created mainly for satire and good humor. Some of their entries may be stereotypes but they're funny.

I don't know if Somalis have one out there but I think it is about time. With half a thousand 'news' web pages, I think we can have one that's devoted to and pokes fun at what Somalis like and what it means to be Somali.

Possibly entries. I don't know if qabiil & dagaal-ooge is at the top but it should appear somewhere on the list.

Qabiil or Qaranimo

Arab or African

Muslim or Islam (Yes, they're different)

Politics

Running out of time....

Educated Black people like natural hair. They love to show their pride for their race and culture by wearing their hair in its unrelaxed and natural state. This may include a range a styles, such as braids, twists, locs, or freestyle kinky/curly/coily tresses. Since natural hair is so versatile, they can rock any number of styles.

While educated Blacks love for people to admire their hair, they hate it when someone touches it without invitation or permission. And if you do touch it, they HATE ****** comments like, “Wow! I had no idea it was so soft!” That’s a surefire way to get told off. Educated Blacks also love for both Blacks and non-Blacks to comment on how much they love their hair. The standard comments are typically, “I love your hair!” or “I wish my hair could do that!” Educated Blacks love to encourage other Blacks to allow their hair to grow out in its natural state. However, what they love most is to give Blacks that wear relaxers guilt trips about how they are conforming to the European standard of beauty. It makes them feel so much better than you to know that they are educated and liberated enough to not have to be a conformist.

If you are a non-white, don’t ever think that you are being complimentary if you ever wear an afro wig or attempt to wear your hair in dreadlocks. And be sure to never refer to your otherwise frizzy hair as feeling “nappy.” Aside from the fact that it’s offensive, it also makes you sound AND look ridiculous.

:D:D:D

Educated Black people like CNN.

With the state of the affairs these days, educated Black people love to stay abreast of current events by watching CNN. Of course, educated Blacks have to stay on top of their current events. They never know when they will have to school someone on the state of the union. Above all, they tire of watching the local news because they are sick of hearing repeated stories about all the uneducated Black people that murder, rape, and rob members of the community. Educated Black people can always count on CNN to put world issues into perspective. CNN features stories, shows, and commentary that quenches their thirst for knowledge.

Educated Black people have the opportunity to catch breaking news and other stories all day, every day. That’s a plus because, at the top of each hour, they can always learn something new. That sure beats watching rebroadcasts of the local news from 5 a.m. Another plus for educated Black people is CNN.com. They can get live news updates and breaking news even when they are away from the television. In fact, they probably get news feeds sent directly to their phones. Being able to quote news at the same time that it’s happening will make them look especially smart and the envy of their friends and co-workers! That always makes an educated Black person happy!

:D:D:D:D

Why not try the opposite. Let's start caawa.

Stuff Soomaali People Dislike

# 1: EEY

From the strongest reer magaal woman to weakest reer miyi man -- and both physically and mentally -- there is not any Soomaali that breathes who does not dislike, nay abhor, heck loathe a creature by the name of dog. It is almost repugnant to them. If they could afford it, they would have completely eradicated it from the face of earth.

Their disliking is mainly said has to do with religious reaosons. However, this point is silenced and moot considering there is a billion and half Muslims around the world, and yet there is not any community among those that abhor fearfully eey than Soomaalis.

----------

Next entry: Calling a Soomaali "black"

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by sheherazade:

wives- multiple

jobs- none

contribution to society- dhulkii

dentist- mafrash

smile.gif

A bit harsh there Sheh.

I think the premier Somali love is no other than HILIB. We are nurtured from a young age to not only eat it but to perfect how.

It is not a meal if it don't contain hilib :D

Faynuus   

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:Originally posted by sheherazade:

wives- multiple

jobs- none

dentist- mafrash

smile.gif

A bit harsh there Sheh.

I think the premier Somali love is no other than HILIB. We are nurtured from a young age to not only eat it but to perfect how.

It is not a meal if it don't contain hilib
:D
Dib ha u fiirin. Hilib allways.

Originally posted by Northerner:

quote:Originally posted by sheherazade:

wives- multiple

jobs- none

dentist- mafrash

smile.gif

A bit harsh there Sheh.

It is not a meal if it don't contain hilib
:D
There is truth there; satire needs to leave a mark. Ask Ngonge. ;)

Malika   

Italian furniture,Chinese furniture,Syrian furniture..heck any furniture as long as two other xalimos have them.

fake plants

Bariis

Basta

Tall,light skinned,tima dheer women.

Tall,just tall men[unfortunately for they women,the arent spoiled for choice.]

Multiple Nationalities..[max 5 citizenships]

smile.gif

Stuff Soomaali People Dislike

# 2: Calling a Soomaali "black"

They have their unique, degrading, pejorative words for them, from every region: Adoon, jareer, xabash, boon, sankadhuudhi -- you just name them. [Not to mention the equally belittling phrases of caqli lix saac, waa shuqul afrikaaneed...]

Call a Soomaali any of the derogatory words mentioned above. One would think one insulted his faith. That is how far Soomaalis try to disassociate one of their own fellow human beings, whom additionally they also share with the skin colour and some more.

Some more? Try telling that to a fellow Soomaali. That itself would be taken as an insult. Even the hint of sharing any of the skin colour is frowned upon.

-----------

Next entry: Reasonable, sensible debate