Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Illusions

Baashi   

This one is making rounds in the office 2day. I thought I share it with SOL crowd. The subtle point is sometimes our mind play tricks on us. Sometimes what you see is not what you really see. ILLUSIONS.

Read the instructions first.

Check it out

War Balayo,inaba caadhi ma'oho smile.gif . Its amazing how they do such simple tricks or perhaps I am the silly one who gets amazed easily? :confused:

But Baashow,i am sure theres some scienctific explanation for this. If i were to be 'physicolophical'[lol],i would probably say this has to do wth refraction/reflection/velocity and motion.

the dots are pink alright[i am sure theres a reason why they chose pink,green & a black background]and they remain pink if you follow them becoz ur eyes are going at the same speed as those damn balls. If you take your eye out of the ball[lol],obviously you will be distracted by other factors like light hence refraction/reflection.As for the green ball,thats becoz your eyes are concetrating on the + and nothing else thereby making everything constant[light/motion etc] for a while,thereby making the illusion smile.gif

Btw,i have no &*&*^&( idea what the *&^%&* i am talking about smile.gif

aaaaaa,why did i do that? Now waan wareeray & i need Qaxbo :D

Maf Kees   

It better not be those things that scare the living snot out of you. I turned my volume down for just in case.

There are people here. I don't want to embarrass myself ya know.

Originally posted by M.M.:

Amazing stuff!

quote:

Now waan wareeray & i need Qaxbo

LOL

Brownooow you sure you need a
Qaxbo Awoow? oo sideed oran waa yaabe Aggaah
Thanks Baash, aside from the LSD experience, I got to read comments like the two above. Hilarious. :D

I thought Qaxbo = Slut? :D

well whadda kanna-ay-say!

BTW cool illisuion and I have also found out if you blink at the same rate as the blinking dot you will not see any disappearance or green dots. :D

Cheers

Cara.   

My favourite optical illusion. So surreal.

Let me see if I can remember high school science class. There are specialized cells in our eyes that are responsible for seeing color (rods) and light (cones). These cells tire easily and stop sending a signal to our brain if they are getting a constant stimulus. When we are actively looking at something, we unconsciously move our gaze incrementally so that new sets of cells are focusing on the object we are staring at. But when you focus your gaze on the + symbol and don't move your eyeballs at all, the cells in the periphery get tired and stop firing signals since the ring of lilac circles isn't changing. So they slowly fade away. The green colour has to do with complementary colors, can't remember the details.

Mowgli   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

BTW cool illisuion and I have also found out if you blink at the same rate as the blinking dot you will not see any disappearance or green dots

you also see random tiny red dots too...or should I just be worried?

^^^ Didn't see any red dots but I'll repeat the expirement lata. if I dont see any red dots then you are in xaar qoto-dheer or as you wud say - deep sh i t - :D

Cheers

Hayat   

nice stuff, can make you abit tipsy though.i wonder is believing seing or seing believing, see, ok this has somewhat got to me. :D