Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What to wear??

Som@li   

over at 6 PM, that is not a wedding! what a waste! :D

Mixed or not, Tapes/DVDs will make to the Public, and are in HIGH demand. ;)icon_razz.gif

-Lily-   

^^Dabshid, that is why smart girls cover up, or avoid the whole thing altogether.

Mixed or not, weddings always get taped, unless it’s a girls only Islamic wedding.

Can someone please explain to me why there is Muxadoro at weddings? I mean I understand God should be remembered at any gathering, and sometimes at Meher's or weddings they do a short speech on marriage and each partners responsibility but isn’t a wedding, Islamic or not, about a celebration? Why should people be talking about hell fire and prayers during a wedding?

Sheh, I know what kind you mean, the 6 yard health hazard diracs? There are some pretty ones but they are hard to control.

a gorgeous set of silk dirac which you can wear with class (islamically of course),

Haneefa, I couldn’t agree more. I like that style. I’m going to a wedding next week and it’s “ladies only” with a camera man, a DJ and 10 of his entourage.

Ibtisam   

Adam, he said he wanted a convert, we just went along with it.

Dabshid I think you are the number pervert on this site. I would hate to go to the same wedding as you. You probably have X-ray vision which can see through any material but metal. :D Accudbiliah you are so creepy! icon_razz.gif

Lily I like the Muxadoros because it is the only moment of calm in those weddings. Pluz it makes me think that maybe as well as some sins, I've gained some reward or if nothing else a reminder. I always find it so uncomfortable after the Muxadoro finishes and then the Music comes in seconds later. I wonder if that is out of ignorance or just plain mockery. But I saw that back home and in the Arab world too. Music off when the Adan starts, before you finish your dua, it is on again. Waali.

Pucca   

I really hate the camera man...I dont get why he must film the people and all their damn pores! i mean, really dude..do ya need to be THAT close?? and even more disturbing, whats with the filming of people coming out of the washroom? a little privacy please...

i hate weddings, i do...

If you are short and have to go a wedding, please dont wear a dirac. for the tall ones black dirac and no garbosaar is the way to go. ....see thru.com

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Pucca, forget the Camera man, how come no one considers the groom as a MAN?? Do they think that night his thoughts and eyes are busy else where or because he is getting married he has no eyes? It is only human nature to look at beautifully under-dressed ladies all jumping around, even if it is your own wedding. If I was guy I'd be sitting getting cold feet thinking:
"MAybe, maybe THAT one, no one my Xalimo is good, but wooh check that one out...
:D
I wonder if she can dance like that, what if she can't, that one is taller than her, and she has longer nicer hair...the rest of my life with this one, that is kinda scary...maybe maybe..."
Come we all know some guys are weak and low self control.

I'm sure there are few (or maybe many) who would be blind and deaf to all “the see-threw dirca” dancing ladies and content with their chosen one. But still if the groom is in the wedding, it is not a ladies only wedding.

^ you obviously don't know men very well :D ...

the cameraman always reminds me of an expression "To be a fly on the wall"

Ibtisam   

^^^You mean I read their mind like a scanner :D Ruunta iska sheek. :D

Why do you keep changing dresses? I like your old Khamis.

^ :mad: @ dresses ... waa maxay cayda intaas le'eg yaa ibti ?

the first part was right on the money ... but markaad tiri there are some men who woudnt have looked .. markaas kaa hoos baxday.

anyway dadka kale ka maseeray .. lakin i thought i could hide for a while ... sidee igu fahantay ?

Ibtisam   

^^^I did not want some of the sisters who are married to suddenly start quizzing their husband about their mix arros 5years ago. "So..farah is she right? Miyaad qiishiid other girls on our wedding night? baal kaa sheekeh haadaa :D So I added that last part to give sisters some hope, and cut the straying eyes some slack. :D HE can say: No baby, I'm of the few she speaks of... icon_razz.gif

Dress= Khamis. I was gonna say Macawis, but it sounded too personal. redface.gif

Your style of write gave you away and that big :D of yours! smile.gif

Ibtisam   

In my thread yaa KK??

Here I was think the Queen of fashion will be here to throw some high heels in and some tips. But no, she wants to yawn! Yaal baax haada! :D

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

^^^^Looool I did see a poster which said "Somali brother seeking a nice Mediterranean convert, cooking skills essential, age matters not, previously married ones need not apply. I am waiting"
You mean that is B_Geeljire?? No way?? looool
:D:D

loool, wad i qarxisay :D

Adam, Tunisian aa, Dee Carabtu you know how some of their fathers are...

neway, i must hijack this thread! :D

wlc to the forum Xarbi, you already have a lot of posts!