Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

SMOKE FREE DAY!

STOIC   

Emerald you are welcome-glad i made your day!.You have to be politically correct when you are addressing sensitive cultural(gender issue) issues like smoking and abortion.

Mizz, walalo it wasn't my intention to pull the gender card on this issue-you may never know when things take 360 degree turn on SOL threads.

Viking you are my hero for quiting smoking!.Whenever i see youngsters smoking i tremble at the very thought of seeing them putting themselves in the harms way!.Many smokers after they quit smoking they do gain weight-i hope you have seen the difference infront of the mirror!.Quiting smoking will lower your chances of having heart attack,stroke or cancer.I bet you must have saved money after quiting because now all the loose change can be used in a constructive project!.Whenever you feel the urge to smoke-you may never know when it will happen-go for a walk or get bussy with some project.

For those of you been looking forward to quit but couldn't manage it, don't worry you could still do it.First thing first-set a date to quit, the day you will liberate yourself from tobacco addiction.As Saabir mentioned it give nicotine containing gum a try!. Good luck!.

Pucca   

-the awful smell

-ugly nails

-damaged hair

-awful breath

-constant coughing

-the fact that your body is being harmed

-the idea of dying from a drug you willingly take

^^^^^^if that doesn't get you to quit....perhaps the fact that its islamically wrong will.

ps. did you know that smoking in an indirect way is a form of suicide? well it is.

peace and good luck

Viking   

Originally posted by STOIC:

Viking you are my hero for quiting smoking!.Whenever i see youngsters smoking i tremble at the very thought of seeing them putting themselves in the harms way!.Many smokers after they quit smoking they do gain weight-i hope you have seen the difference infront of the mirror!.Quiting smoking will lower your chances of having heart attack,stroke or cancer.I bet you must have saved money after quiting because now all the loose change can be used in a constructive project!.Whenever you feel the urge to smoke-you may never know when it will happen-go for a walk or get bussy with some project.

STOIC,

I worked at an oncology wing some years ago where patients were dropping off like flies. I remember one Iranian lady who was only 35 years old and had smoked herself to death. It was tragic seeing her husband (who was a non-smoker) seeing his wife withering away at hospital.

Many smokers usually look at people who smoke well into their 80's and comfort themselves by thinking they can last that long too. I once saw a man who was 97 years and smoked like a chimney. He had done it all his life he said and that was like music to my years. When you are in denial, you find solace in every way possible.

I once heard someone say that smoking is like someone has fired a shot at you chest, but the bullet hits you after about 20 years. But we all know how strong the nafs is, you keep convincing yourself weird things just to give in to your desires.

i'm not making a new statement, it is a known fact (at least in the UK) dat gurls are smarter than boys even in primary school.

mizz lander,

Girls in the UK also have the highest teen pregnancies in Europe, any connection with their intellectual prowess?

You have to be sensible and stop this superiority comlex that seems to have overcome some young Somali girls nowadays. A man could argue that the Nobel Prize winners, Mensa, science faculties etc are dominated by men. But that doesn't mean they are smarter. Chill out walaashis.

lol; teenage pregnancies u say......... well duh guys can't get pregnant we can’t draw up a comparison, may be gurls wanna have kids at young age!!

anyhow i wz just kiddin u...Pluz the statistic does not account for xalimo's and farahs, so it cannot be generalized. relax a little,

“You have to be sensible and stop this superiority comlex that seems to have overcome some young Somali girls nowadays.â€

I’m gonna ignore that because the issue is not intelligence or young Somali chicks (does not include me) it is smoking.... i'm sure stoic will like to remain focus on dat. and stoic may u be rewarded for ur efforts!