Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

The N word

Aaliyyah   

Depends who use it and in what context. Usually I dont mind if ma sisters or girlfriends call me naya as long as it in a joking tone. A guy under no circumstance can call me that word. It is unwritten rule lool. But, I can call him waryaa...you gotta love being Somali at times.

salaam

Saalax   

What is up Nigga. :D I think black people using it with other black people is not offensive compared to when a white/asian/chinese utters that word.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Polanyi:

quote:Originally posted by *ANWAR*:

NIGGER!!!

I was referring to the word Naaya, not Nigger, akhi.
:D
Your original question was 'What do you think about black people using it?'...

Your question should've read 'what do you think about the Somali people using it'...The N word that is! Not all black people use Naayaa... ;)

Wassup my nigga!

NASSIR   

Self-respecting persons don't employ the N word. It's a dehumanizing term once used by slave owners or slave merchants of the Transatlantic trade so they could justify their crimes against humanity. America went into a devastating civil war over the freedom of blacks in the South when southern states instituted laws in contravention of the federal laws abolishing slavery, and thus deciding to secede in order to protect their lucrative slave plantations. It also reinforces the class divide within American Society though the intertainment industry exploits the term & other negative racial stereotypes to keep in check the aspirations of black kids.

It doesn't also appeal to common sense when you restrict the use of this term within one's community.

Waxaadba arkeysaa rag waaweyn oo isticmaalaya. (Most of them uneducated) Si ay bal isaga dhigaan dad aysan aheen.

ANWAR   

Originally posted by NASSIR:

Self-respecting persons don't employ the N word.

oo sooo B-B-B-B-eautiful.... :D

nemo   

Funny half the people are talking about nayaa and the other halg nigger :confused:

I guess I fall into both category! But dont let my catch u using it :D

Cawaale   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

quote:Originally posted by Polanyi:

quote:

Originally posted by *ANWAR*:

NIGGER!!!

I was referring to the word Naaya, not Nigger, akhi.
:D
Your original question was 'What do you think about black people using it?'...

Your question should've read 'what do you think about the Somali people using it'...The N word that is! Not all black people use Naayaa...
;)

Black people=Somali men. waa ogtahay nin iyio habeen aa madow maalmahan ;)