Sign in to follow this  
-Nomadique-

Reacquaint yourself with this great man.

It is amazing how a man could turn his life around. Malcolm aka Detroit Red or Satan as they use to call him in prison was one of kind. He was very passionate and feared little when it comes to expressing on what's on his mind. I think that's made such great speaker. He dared to say what many were thinking but never had the guts to utter.

Great stuff, keep coming.

P.S. He was Bostonian as well :D room the streets of Roxbury, the historically black neighborhood of Boston. And he served his prison term in Charleston, MA.

Castro   

Originally posted by Caamir:

I admire him as far as the history of African Americans is concerned.

We know. Your admiration for Malcolm X cannot possibly compete with that you hold for coward, dabo-dhilif, war criminal and by far the worst a Somali woman has ever given birth, Yey.

I wonder how you sleep at night.

N.O.R.F   

A great man. Illaahay ha unaxaristo. Amiin. Enjoyed his book very much. The best thing to have happened to black America.

Good stuff Nomadique

LANDER   

Originally posted by rudy:

i am sure lil nyquil will resolve that lil sleep problem!!

:D

lol^

Word to big bird that stuff works

Castro   

^^^^ Before seeing the Spike Lee film about Malcolm X and later that same year reading the auto-biography, I must admit I had little understanding of anything other than high school Calculus.

Men like him are so rare, so powerful and so influential, the only way to stop them is to kill them. But even when he's been martyred, his legacy affects our lives every day.

May Allah grant him Jannah.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Castro:

We know. Your admiration for Malcolm X cannot possibly compete with that you hold for coward, dabo-dhilif, war criminal and by far the worst a Somali woman has ever given birth, Yey.

I wonder how you sleep at night.

Oh really!

Your records speak volume of your character and hidden motive. If i am not mistaken, it was clear to anyone prior to the Ethiopia's intervention your innermost political personality in supporting and advocating for the secession of "Somaliland, even formulating recommendations of the development of an identity seperate from that of the south.

You fear for the future, and you fear that once the south is magically pacified, the TFG or centralized Somali government has the legal personality to crush the secessionist and preserve its own territorial integrity. You underlined, perhaps subconsciously, a possible scenerio at one of Jacaylbaro's thread in which you said, "Somaliland is unable to defend itself against skirmishes with (the other deluded entity) Puntland so how will it defend itself against the US/Ethiopian backed TFG? Link

But I will post for all to see a commentary you posted on June 26, 2005 and I will highlight your main assertions and sincere support for the secession of "Somaliland" from the rest of Somalia.

I personally have no problem with Somaliland. Its existence or lack thereof is immaterial to my day to day living. The same goes with Somaliweyn, if and when it returns to civilization. I do, however, think that the use of the name Somali in Somaliland is not fair to Somalia.
I have never heard of anyone ever wanting to have Djibouti rejoin Somalia. Pakistan and India are done. Imagine if Pakistan were to be called Indianland.
What about Czechoslovakia? It's now Slovakia and conveniently, the Czech republic. No problem there. Yoguslavia became Serbia, Macedonia, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia. Totally distinct names for new nation states. The former Soviet Union is now Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
It is highly unlikely that any of these break away republics would ever become one again

For countries that did separate but kept their names similar (if not identical except to indicate geography) the separation didn't last long. And for those that are still separate, they are seriously courting each other. Examples are North and South Vietnam, East and West Germany, North and South Yemen, and North and South Korea.

It seems to me then, that one of the basic tennants of separation into nation states is to have distinct names. Somalia and Somaliland have a problem right there.
"But people in the northern part of the former Somalia have an inalienable right to self-determination", scream many decent Somalilanders.
And rightly so.
Once they have chosen to exercise that right, however, it is incumbent upon them, having been the initiators of said divorce, to simply leave the name Somali to Somalia. There are literally an infinite number of names the new nation can adopt to better describe what it represents. A sense of its history, its culture, it people and their uniqueness. But wait, none of those things are unique. In fact, except for a few minor cosmetic differences (such as dacawo vs. dawoco and who was colonized by who), the two "countries" are identical. So what's the problem. Is it Somaliweyn that is begging and pleading, sometimes even threatening, Somaliland to stay? Or is it Somaliland that is having severe separation anxiety? Often screaming to Somaliweyn, why do you want to keep us? we don't want you! In fact, no one is screaming stay on the other side. No one cares. Not anymore.
For all intents and purposes, the two nations are separate.

All that remains for this to become a complete non-issue is for Somaliland to kindly and peacefully give up the word "Somali" from its name and Somaliweyn will never bring this up again.
I promise.

Link

Fabregas   

quote:You fear for the future, and you fear that once the south is magically pacified

According to you how many years/decades will it take for the South to be "magically pacified"?

Castro   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Only Allah can judge me how sincere I am for the revival of our country.

Of course, while I continue to be judged by every Tom, Dick and Harry dabo-dhilif? Judging ( :D ) from your understanding of that fabulous post of mine, your political views are clearly commensurate with your poor comprehension skills.

Now be gone and return to your shrine for atheero.