Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Learn 2 Knit

Blessed   

I'm really impressed, Sue. You make it look good. Well done! My habo (AUN) used to weave all manner of things from grass and it amazed me. :cool:

Maybe one day, when I have the time- I'll get creative.

Curly   

I haven't really been progressing well with the hat, I got to about 20 rounds and muddled up the increase stitch and then lost interest for a week or two. After putting it off for so long, yesterday I finally decided to stop dragging my feet and start over. I've got to about 6 rounds and I'm adamant to follow it stitch by stitch.

This part of the pattern just seem so difficult! This is what will allow knit to increase and become wider for the slouch part of the hat.

--------------

*K1, M1knit-wise, K1, P1, M1 purl-wise, P1* (I recommend using the "nearly invisible increase" from TECHknitting. You can also use this technique to make 1 purl-wise too.) At the end of this round you should have 72 stitches.

----------------

Here goes nothing I guess!

This is so exciting.

I once saw a woman knitting on the tube, I just kept staring at her knitting. What is it about knitting that's so interesting? Or are we just a bunch of boring weirdos?

Curly   

Actually GG that's what got me wanting to start knitting but I didn't know how and tehre was no one to teach me. I think it's fun and its the sense of achievement you get afterwards.

My work colleague gave me some interesting yarn so I'm going to see what I can make out of it. It's that black frilly stuff. looks more suited to a costume party or something.

Aaliyyah   

I was wondering if you taught yourself how to knit? cuz it is not working for me lol..bt thankfully I saw a friend of mine the other day knitting this beautiful scarf, and she told me she takes private classes and am up for that idea. So did you taught yourself or you went to classes where a teacher actually taught u how to knit? apparently I am not good at teaching myself, I rather someone helps me step by step along the way?

hodman   

This is very interesting. I used to see some mamas knitting while growing up in Nairobi but I never thought it was for me. Now I wish I'd paid attention in home science class! I would love to make something I can wear. What's the story with the hat?

Curly   

Nabeela: I was so bored last Christmas so I taught myself how to knit and crochet, however I did have some feedback from a couple of experienced knitters. I used video tutorial and knitting sites to learn the basics...it's tough but you'll get it in the end and you'll be that much prouder because you did on your own!

lol, Hodman the story with the hat is...SLOW! I have it sitting on my coffee table at home and pick it up occasionally when the football is on or I'm not reading the Twilight Series which I'm totally obsessed with I'm sure as soon as I finish the last book 'Breaking dawn' I'll be back on to my project.

So far I have done about 10-15 rounds so that's like a good few inches and it just looks like a tube I keep meaning to post a picture of it on my circular knitting needles that I feel like I'm mastered. smile.gif

I suppose if I can make a tube, socks or leg warmers wouldn't nearly as hard so maybe that will encourage me to finish this sooner.

Originally posted by Curly:

I suppose if I can make a tube, socks or leg warmers wouldn't nearly as hard so maybe that will encourage me to finish this sooner.

This is excellent news for me. :D

Curly   

lol, I've already got the orders streaming in...but I won't forget you GG.

Well it's another ipod cover, which I bragged I could do on one train journey. Maybe I shouldn't have been too quick to brag, the pressure is on!

Wow Curly!

You're really good! I tried once before to follow my mother's instructions but kept messing up. Now I want to get back to it, but my plate is quite full for the time being.

Insha Allah, I'll try it again,

Keep up the good work!

Curly   

Aww thank you guys, I don't deserve all that praise considering I've barely been doing anything constructive of late. I've joined a knitting group called Stitch & ***** lol

http://www.stitchand*****london.co.uk/

It’s free and sounds like fun...they meet all around London to help another through projects and guide learners. Meetings start back up after the christmas holidays!

Curly   

looool, what is that? looks very cool. Saddaam Khaliqo looks very fetching in striped wooly hat. I would love to play this game...what is it? Pirates of the burning sea lol trust you to be on there.

The conversation is hilarious too. btw I don't think my hat making skills are all that good, but it'll be good to have a project to take along to the group.