Abtigiis   

VALENTINE LETTERS- Reeraha style

When a man loves a woman

Down deep in his soul

She can bring such miseryyyy

If she is playin’ him for a fool

He is the last one to know

Lovin’eyes can never seeeeeee…

That is Percy Sledge, not Saxardiid. Saxardiid is not a man who is to be fooled by any women. Wuu isu soo jeedaa! He never heard of Percy but even if he does, he will only despise him. His favorite song is Bashir Ali Hussien’s:

Jirjiroolo dumaroow idinka joogi waynoo

Idinka jiifi wayne jihadeeden u cararraa?

Jirjiroolo dumaroow raga waxaad ku jebisaan

Adigaan ku jeceloo kalgacayl aan jirin baad

Waligiin jilaysaan…

So, when Duniyo, reer Xamar girl from xamarweryne sent him a reply to his previous letter, reading:

Sharaf badanoow shaacirkaygoow

iila shaandhee Jacaylkaa shoobloow

Shameerkii sooguuroow shirkoow ii imaaw

He didn’t understand all of it, but got the message right. Ku jantay bay tidhi soo ma aha, he quizzed and dictated to me what to write. ‘Qor’ he said, as I put pen to paper: (Abdi Tahliil)

baabullaha libaaxaan barqankii waraystaa

buuraha shabeeelkaan ila baadh i dhaahdaa

….bakaylaha sidiisaan bur caleenle seexdaa

….Gaaraa-bidhaankaan kugu baadi goobaa...

When I took that letter back to her- I can go to their house by virtue of my friendship to her elder brother; Iikar- She didn’t make out a word out it, so she asked me to translate. I did. But when she got the second letter from him, with a heart and big spear that pierced through it- she was furious. It contained Abdi-Nuur Alaale’s:

Jacayl lama moosi karo

Mindiyo dhiigluu Sitaa

Halbawlaha kaa marshaa...

“Why is he trying to kill me? What have I done to him? I don’t want to meet him anymore, I am scared. What is the knife for?” were the questions she uttered in shock. I explained again.

But the biggest laugh was reserved when I took back her ‘I am missing you dearly’ call to him, courtssey of Asha Abdow’s,

...Aaaaah! Markaad iga maqnaatidee

Aaaaah, mugdigii meel xunaan maraayee

He was tuning to veteran broadcaster Cabdi Xareed whose voice kept on cracking from the tiny Philipps Radio, as he kept on saying the ubiquitous “ Laanta Af-Somaaliga ee Iddaacadda Boqortooyadaa Sucuudiga waxay idiin soo gudbin…” followed by "Ilaaliyaha labada xarameyn ee shariifeeyka ah Boqor Fahad ibnu-Cabdulcasiis waxay xalay casho kuwada cuneen beerta Al-bustaani walaalkiisa Amiirka Midoowga Imaaraadaka carabta Sheekh Zaahid Bin-Salmaan Ala-nahyaan."

I gave him the envelope. He jumped in fury. “So, she thinks she can intimidate me with going out with other boys in darkness! She must be joking. Huh! It is not my type”. He said, ‘Qor jawaabtayda’,

Eleen doqoni qiiq kama kacdee

Daamankay meermeerisaa…

It is exciting to be a love-intermidiary in my tuulo!

Laba-X   

Xariif!

Gaaraa-bidhaantiyo shimbirahaa loo dhiibaa dheh xageena!

waa fuley tukuhuye

kuma fiicna dirashee

adigaa Fariidoo

faallada ku dheeroo

inta foora laylkii

waligaa ha fariisanne

fiidmeerta duushaay

farriintayda qaadoo

ha fur-furin adoon arag

farxadii jacaylkeen

Ama

Adaa geesiyoo baqinee

galaydhyohow, adaa

dhambaalkayga qaadoo

gaarsii warkaygoo

RedSea   

Saaxib you have a potential wallahi. Your writing are entertaining, filled with humour.

You should write a book saaxib. Runtii!

Haneefah   

^Red, for all we know, he could've authored few Somali romantic novels (I am told they did exist). He certainly has the imagination :D

A&T, waxaad i xasuusisey an old acquaintance of mine, quite an admirable and unique person, who once humbly admitted that his rather impressive skills in this arena were acquired during his days as a young delivery boy for his many older siblings, back in Borama; not once did he deliver a love letter without first reading it, he said, and thus becoming acquainted with the art at a young age. Hada, it appears sidaad dad wareersan wax ugu qoreeysay, in aad ku takhasustay sheekooynkan :D

NGONGE   

^^ Aaax ya Haneefah. :D

Now I'm dying to see what sort of reply you're going to get from A&T for your little story there. Expect fireworks. Ninkan saaxiib ma leh. :D

RedSea   

Haneefah runtii somalida dad aad talent uleh ayaa ka buuxa sida A&T. I hope ninkan in uu buug noo qoro waan iska jeclaan lahaa in aan akhristo.

Emperor   

Although I enjoy most of A&T's funny topics, sadly this one is boring for me, I can't relate to the humour bits....

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

Xariif!

Gaaraa-bidhaantiyo shimbirahaa loo dhiibaa dheh xageena!

waa fuley tukuhuye

kuma fiicna dirashee

adigaa Fariidoo

faallada ku dheeroo

inta foora laylkii

waligaa ha fariisanne

fiidmeerta duushaay

farriintayda qaadoo

ha fur-furin adoon arag

farxadii jacaylkeen

Ama

Adaa geesiyoo baqinee

galaydhyohow, adaa

dhambaalkayga qaadoo

gaarsii warkaygoo

:D:D

LX;

Those are indeed the most widely used songs in love missives. Alaa muxuu diin..., :D

Were it not from the wise Haneefah, that analogy to the delivery boy would have lit a fire aan ciddina bakhtiiyeen. :D But certainly, I wrote lots of love letters for people, and for my self.

My best recollection about those exchanges is when a young sister of a girl aan ku jiir-jiireeynayey suddenly called me from the street and handed me a fantastic letter. I duly responded. Wixii ku qornaa wax la sheegi karo ma'aheyn.

The sad thing was only after two days when I crossed the same road iyadoo lug iyo faras la igu raadinayo ayaan arkay! And when the young sister saw me she jumped in delight! "walaal, ilaahay baa ikaa tusay. Hebel baad isku magac tihiinoo aan ku mooday. Warqadii iska soo celi adigu maadan laheyne!"

Imagine the heart break. Warqadana jeebkaan ku watoo, I was humbling few friends with it as the girl was highly sought after. I returned it.

Red Sea- humbled by your lavish praise saaxiib.

Emperor- let us hope the next will bring smiles to your face. Salaan sare.

Ngonge

For once, and only once, I refused to fall in your trap.

Haneefah;

Indeed, my storytelling is severly constrained as the limits social decorum and the hyper-sensitive [and at times pretentiously pious] crowd, here, imposes here are great. Romance'ga gaaladoo kale, for one minute, I have no taste to indulge in. Indeed, it is to be despised. Laakiin, benign stories of the first nights of brides and grooms wouldn't have hurted. That is not to say they are in the pipeline. Just that it is a whole area oo 'soona miinaati' ah oon lagali karin, but has a lot to offer in terms of education and entertainment.