Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

The height thing is pissing me off Dude!

WILDCAT   

I've found the majority of Somali men would prefer you to be shorter rather than eclipse them in any way. :rolleyes:

That's just my own personal experience.

I've met midgets that are larger than life and don't want for attention. I've seen bean-poles that you'd never notice were there. It's about personality and how you conduct yourself. The great thing is, those are things within your control.

Aren't there enough things to trouble your days other than those you can't change?

Me, I'm very strange, I actually prefer guys that are my own height. If they're smaller, I don't even notice let alone mind. Seems to bother a fair few though. :rolleyes:

If you are 5"4 and you are a female, thats average.

An average height for a female should be between 5"4-5"5. (You should be alright with that height, but why were u told you were under your ideal height???)

If you are a male, and you are 5"4, just keep on running.

Men shouldn't be that short, because an average height for a male is between 5"8 +...

All in all, it doesn't matter how short/tall a person is, as long as your height goes with your weight, you should be healthy and most of all, you can carry your way through without pple noticing your height all that much.(NOTE:Your ideal height should compliment your weight and that will determine just how short/tall you are)

Gediid   

Get off it Modesty ,here take some of my height,see for once what the view from the "top" looks like smile.gifsmile.gif

I happen to watch this programme the other day on the National Geographic Channel where a surgeon in China performs operations to increase the height of his patients by a few inches.Though the procedure once performed takes normally a year to see the full results yet its a pretty succesfully operation and the cost is measly.

Not that I would suggest anyone to try it but FYI just in case.Haddi kale think of the future and get your self a really tall spouse.... ;)

Juxa   

modesty, i think u are in perfect height, stop worrying. imagine all the nice and chick shoes u can wear.

iam tall, bt cant wear high heels, well i cant walk on them either :confused: be happy with what u are. qof walba dooqsiis waaye.

moi dont like short men. no offence i know many nomads here are short :D the men iam refering to them, so iam just gonna be yr sis. keep walkin dude. nin aan kor u dayeen sidi dayaxa ma rabeeeeeeeeeeee

Isnt it annoying when ur trying to look down ur nose at someone and its physically impossible? LOL. Sucks innit?

The solution is to wear long skirts and those freaky high heeled shoes that the spice girls used to wear... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder where they are sold.

Qac Qaac   

ar gabdha haanaa, a man who picks woman because of her height, is a dump man. there is other qualities that u look for in a woman, and height is not one of them, atleast to me.

it depends on ur kartidada, religionkaaga, strength, caqli, good family. and ofcourse u have to be able to cook. haddii kale maxaa iska ak sameen.

raula   

Modesty gal u are complaining bout shortness, and me is ranting bout TALLness-so we are in da same boat sweetie.

Yes, me is 5'10-dont even make me go off on dem high heels/midgets! hayaai.

Originally posted by Aeryn Sun:

Modesty

5'4? LoL...sounds like you escaped fron dwarfism by mere inches. Then again there are ppl like
Seven
who are even shorter.

^^ U didnt just pick on me! :eek: ... You're really bent on destroying ma virtual image eh? How mean! I purposely avoided this topic..thank U for bringin me here :( .

Just FYI.. I'm 5'4 n u happen to be insignificantly taller...nothing worth braggin about icon_razz.gif

Gr8..now every1 knows ma vital statistics :mad:

Now that I'm here.. I mite as swell contribute :D .

Modesty, I'm always complaining about my ht and blaming it on my dad...so he sent me this list :D . Enjoy.. n like WC said, its all about your personality. Just like me, you mite have a bigger personality than average ppl like Barwaaqo. :D

Barbra Streisand 5'4-1/2"

Drew Barrymore 5'4"

Queen Elizabeth 5'4"

Michael J. Fox 5'4"

Lucy Liu 5'4"

James Madison (shortest US President) 5'4"

Alanis Morissette 5'4"

Sarah Jessica Parker 5'4"

Roman Polanski 5'4"

Pablo Picasso 5'4"

Haile Selassie (Ethiopian emperor) 5'4"

Britney Spears 5'4"

Elizabeth Taylor 5'4"

Shania Twain 5'4"

Barbara Walters 5'4"

Mae West 5'4"

Debra Winger 5'4"

Betty White 5'4"

Muggsy Bogues (shortest nba player ever) 5'3" [1.6m]

Jessica Bowman (of tv's "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman") 5'3"

Bo Derek 5'3"

Judy Garland 5'3"

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) 5'3"

Ghandi 5'3"

Melissa Joan Hart (of tv's "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch") 5'3"

King Hussein (of Jordan) 5'3"

Nikita Khrushchev 5'3"

Vivien Leigh 5'3"

Natalie Portman 5'3"

Mickey Rooney 5'3"

Marina Sirtis ("Deanna Troi" on Star Trek) 5'3"

Jonathan Taylor Thomas (of tv's "Home Improvement") 5'3"

Voltaire (Francois Marie Arouet, French writer) 5'3"

Eva Jones-Young (Female Welterweight Boxing Champion) 5'3"

Jennifer Love Hewitt 5'2-1/2"

Prince 5'2-1/2"

Gillian Anderson 5'2" [1.57m]

Tori Amos 5'2"

Christina Aguilera 5'2"

Paula Abdul 5'2"

Debbie Black (shortest wnba player) 5'2"

Rachael Leigh Cook (star of "She's All That") 5'2"

Buckminster Fuller (inventor of geodesic dome) 5'2"

Yuri Gagarin (Soviet cosmonaut) 5'2"

Gerry Halliwell (ex Spice Girl "Ginger Spice") 5'2"

Avril Lavigne 5'2"

Shakira 5'2"

Josia Thugwane (winner of '96 Olympics marathon) 5'2"

Reese Whitherspoon 5'2"

Danielle Fishel (Topanga on tv's "Boy Meets World") 5'1-1/4" [1.556m]

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia in Star Wars) 5'1"

Tara Lipinski 5'1"

Bette Midler 5'1"

Kylie Minogue 5'1"

Debbie Reynolds (mother of Carrie Fisher) 5'1"

John Keats (English Poet) 5'3/4"

Danny DeVito 5'0" [1.52m]

--------------------

"One of the distinct advantages about being short is that people have a tendency to underestimate you so it only takes half the effort to impress" - Anon

raula   

Qoute 7to9:

"Just like me, you mite have a bigger personality than average ppl like Barwaaqo."

^^totally agree(110degrees) :D .

Samafal   

Somaalidu waxay tiraahdaa nin dheeri dgug maleh, ana waxaan kusii dari lahaa naag dheeri dhug maleh!! meaning they lacking what they have in height in the brain department

^^ Is that what midgets are telling each other now? Ahh, how adorable! :D

Seven,

Just like me, you mite have a bigger personality than average ppl like Barwaaqo.

Touche. :D

Nice list BTW. I have heard that the vertically-challenged make up for their lack of height by excelling in other ways. Which is evidently true judging from that distinguished list. Then again...not every shortie succeeds. icon_razz.gif

Raula,

Adigu iska aamus, miss-oh-poor-me-I'm-sooo-tall. :rolleyes: