Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Have you ever?

Pujah   

Have you ever said Insha Allah to non Muslim?

I did the weirdest thing today. I had to submit HLD(high level design) for a project yesterday but I didn’t report to work because of inclement weather we were having here.

This morning when I got to work I sent an email to my manager advising her it will be completed and submitted by lunch hour. Insha Allah.

I didn’t realize it until she came over asking me what the word meant. redface.gif

Taliban   

Originally posted by Mejia:

Have you ever said Insha Allah to non Muslim?

Yes. Many know what it means, some don't. In addition to written, I also said it verbally.

Rose   

yeah i do it a lot as well. i can remember ages back paying a visit to my dentist and upon arrival he asked how i was. i replied i was good 'alhamdulilah' lol it's all good though : )

RedSea   

^ As you should.

My co worker who is Catholic says it all the time now. It's good thing to teach your non Muslims friends or co workers. It just means 'God willing', its' valid saying for EVERYONE .

In another case, if a non Muslim says 'salamu calaykum' to you, you should respond, just as you would respond to a Muslim. Some of us have gotten the wrong idea, that you only reply with 'calayka' in that situation, but you don't.

N.O.R.F   

I do it all the time and hear non muslims say it all the time as well.

In another case, if a non Muslim says 'salamu calaykum' to you, you should respond, just as you would respond to a Muslim. Some of us have gotten the wrong idea, that you only reply with 'calayka' in that situation, but you don't.

I think this is an Asian thing where they reply "wa calaykum" instead of the full reply. Think orginated from when the Jews would say "asaam alaykum" to muslims in previous times which means death to you. Muslims would reply "wa alaykum". This has somehow become a reply to non-muslims when they say "asalamu alaykum".

Buuxo   

i once answered the phone and said " ALLahu-akbar" instead of saying "hello", i dont know what i was thinking. but the person on the line noticed before i did. has anyone done that before?

Hunguri   

Allahu Akbar

2nsha Allah or (insha Allah )

Sub7an Allah

enna Lillah Wa 2nna elaihe Raje3un

There is nothing wrong saying all those infront of a non Muslim person, for its all the praiser or the exaltations of Allah Sub7anah Wata3ala!

Rose   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:Originally posted by MC Xamar:

I say it to my parents all the time.

Aren't they muslim ???????
:D
That's what I was thinking :confused:

***[Edited]^The brother is a revert and I really don't know why you're pursuing him! He's a white young male in his mid/late twenties living in Canada of Irish descent, understand? It could be that his parent's haven't yet accepted the beautiful faith of Al-Islaam but we will supplicate for them inshallah that they too will revert if they aren't reverts already!

Anyhow back to the thread, saying inshallaah is a islamic virtue that is ordained by Allaah the great and a virtue, muslims should not forsake! Muslims shall say it everytime when looking forward to things in the future or to happen! If you want to play soccer on next saturday and you want to ask your friend, you don't say 'Let's meet on saturday' without adding inshallah or godwillingly to it because you don't know what is going to happen to you and only Allaah knows it, so given that Allaahs wills it for you then you going to meet on saturday but if not then not, understand?

So on the other hand I said it many times and no one should be paranoid about it or ashamed about it, as saying so only reitrates not only ones faith and believe in the

predestined decree

but the fact of your own incapability to forsee what is going to happen in the future as you're a mere mortal that could die any minute on the other hand Allaah might had not willed it for you as eveything is predestined and ordained by Allaah the great in his decree and only he knows what will surface in future!

Originally posted by Shucayb:

You're wrong brother! You cannot reply or wish salaam on a kaafir or make duca on him as you would to your muslim brother! If a kaafir says to you 'As-Salaam calaykum', then you have to reply to him 'Wa calaykum' or only 'calaykum'!

Sometiems it is really unbelievable what comes out of muslims! Now they're saying kaafirs should be supplicated upon! No, Salaamu Calaykum or its reply Wa calaykumu salaam wa raxmatuallah is only for muslims but not kaafirs!

Educate yourself on such matters before misleading the gallery here brother Shucayb! I had you down as a brother who was a bit knowledgable at least in comparison to the rest of the young folks here, who don't have much knowledge in regards to our deen! I guess I was mistaken!

Don't you read simple books such as Hisnul Muslim? Obviously not because if you would then you wouldn't be saying such invention/immagination such as the above which only highlights your lack of awareness/knowledge in such basic matters and largely accessible basic knowledge!

'Reply to a non-believer like you would reply to a muslim'!

How confused you're brother! So using such weak judgement based on low intellect and knowledge do you assume we can love kaafirs just as we do muslims?

Brother that is wrong, Muslims and kaafirs are to be distinguished in every aspect including the salaam/greeting then! You should treat your muslim brother preferably then a kaafir, that's why the duca, don't you understand!

You cannot make duca for a kaafir like you do for a muslim! You can ask for their guidance and that they eventually see and come to the truth and the right path but you cannot wish them a good life or supplicate upon them by making dua and saying 'Peace be upon you' (after all they're kaafirs who drink, gamble, fornicate and commit adultery) nor can you make duca for them such as you do for your muslim brothers and wish them Peace! How can you wish them peace, when they're kaafirs and do not have peace installed upon them unless they revert back to Islaam and the fitra again? I hope you see the logic and eventually come to your senses and give an apology for misleading/misinforming the young crowd in here!!

N.O.R.F   

You cannot reply or wish salaam on a kaafir! If a kaafir says to you 'As-Salaam calaykum', then you have to reply to him 'Wa calaykum' or only 'calaykum'!

Do you have any proof?

N.O.R.F   

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 62:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the Jews greet anyone of you they say: 'Sam'Alaika (death be upon you); so you should say; 'Wa 'Alaika (and upon you).'"

Volume 9, Book 84, Number 60:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A Jew passed by Allah's Apostle and said, "As-Samu 'Alaika." Allah's Apostle said in reply, "We 'Alaika." Allah's Apostle then said to his companions, "Do you know what he (the Jew) has said? He said, 'As-Samu 'Alaika.'" They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we kill him?" The Prophet, said, "No. When the people of the Book greet you, say: 'Wa 'Alaikum.'"

What proof? Are you that short-sighted/minded? I knew that Islaam wasn't your best subject but the truth of the matter is that it's a non-starter!

Every muslim knows that and it is like asking proof for zakaat, fasting in the holy month of Ramadan or going to Hajj and Umra, can you see it? Total and absolute non-starters. Khalas! Finito! Understand? I doubt it.