Sign in to follow this  
Maf Kees

Africans: WTF?

Maf Kees   

That's what a lot of Africans were thinking when they saw this billboard at Somalia Drive in the Liberian capital Monrovia.

148504887_d292171ae0.jpg

LARGER IMAGE

Its an ad for cigarettes and has an African man on it who has seen the 'light' and chose the real deal: Bond cigarettes and oh did I forget to mention: the 'other' flesh. And I'm not talking about pork. Its an infamous board now and a lot of people have taken pictures of it before someone removes it.

Black women, beware. They are trying to steal us away from you. Don't take us for granted now aight! You just seen how well we do in the market. :cool:

I don't smoke, but if this cigarette brand guarantees you a blond sexbomb in the pack for free. Than bring it on!

winnie   

i dont have the best eyes, but she kind of looks like a skinny middle aged soccer mom. its weird though because as soon as we see a white woman with a man of color we assume shes some kind of sex pot.

Naden   

Black women, beware. They are trying to steal us away from you. Don't take us for granted now aight! You just seen how well we do in the market. [Cool]

Don't let the door hit you on the A*S*S. ;)

I think Farah Blue is Black and not a Somalia, why should that advertisement bother you? Would it had made any difference if she was a Black or an Asian lady, it's still advertising a cigarette, which is xaraam, shouldn't that bother you more then the race of the women?

I have my doubts about you being Somalian.

Nephissa   

^ I know eh'

Advertisement has absolutely no impact on me whatsoever. I don't feel the urge to buy something when I see it advertised.

Let advertisers manipulate your qaxooti **** into thinking you get a white blonde by smoking your lungs out. Quxu quxu qux. Happy coughing. :D

Cara.   

I think the idea wasn't to make a guy think he'll get a white chick with the pack of smokes. The point was to create a controversy and excite comment. Any publicity is good publicity.

And Bishy you'd be surprised at how well advertising works, even on those who think they are immune.

Nephissa   

Oh really? Now it makes sense why I never got the hot, bare chested construcion worker everytime I bought diet coke.

I listen to 10 car commercials every day, and I have seen even myself get horribly hungry after a burger commercial. That doesn't make me rush out and buy em. Even commercials I like, I often don't even know what they're selling. I really am not influenced in the slightest.

Maf Kees   

Originally posted by Pure blood:

I have my doubts about you being Somalian.

And I should give a flying fuk, because...? Kulaha you are black and not Somali. Nigga take your xaar elsewhere!

Cara, you're right. That's probably the case. Risky move nevertheless, because the African market is different.

Bis(h)ata --- commericials work ... is affecting u without u even realising it .. don't think they spening all this £millions if its not working on u ..