Sign in to follow this  
money

Bililiqo of One's work -

Fabregas   

^^ nah. Jacalybro would be the best person to spearhead. xita he would found out the guys birthday and start a thread about it.

ps. money, ku jihad the culprit. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Not that it makes a difference. It's his word against the other guy's word. We believe him here but those in Facebook and the other places might not (because the other guy posted the thing first).

Let it go, saaxib. Write another.

actually it does .. if he can prove he published the story first ... a forum post falls under publication .. and conveniently carries the time stamp of the post .. he has a civil case .. which is not even worth the hassle of going through.

Originally posted by Geenyaale:

^Right, its his word agaist other's word but Money still has a chance to register it.

Registration vs invention?

Registration wins here in the US.

actually inventions can not be copyrighted .. patents apply to 'original' inventions .. only works of authorship like a story, book, software (in some countries) can be copyrighted.

sorry to bore you folks ... but imaging sitting through 10 hours lecture of this cr@p on a weekend .. I have to take it out on somebody :D

STOIC   

I had a similar problem.One of my work (I doubt if it even had the status to be called a work) was copied from facebook (this was back when I was FB addict) and posted here on SOL.I think the guy didn't realized I was a long time residence of SOL.At first I thought I was some weirdo with Multiple personality posting his writtings under different pseudo-names.It took me a second to figure it out what happened.I didn't embarassed the fellow, but I made sure to notify the moderators in a civil way.I didn't get any ANSWER, but I assumed the adminstration handled it.For all i care I can be buffoon or even a boring bust as long as I don't represent other people's work as mine. Stealing other people's work without citing the source is being ethically challenged!

Abwaan   

You know what money and STOIC...Xikmad Soomaaliyeed oo qiimo badan baa oranaysa "Haruub caana ah oo ninkii lisay la ogyahay, ninkii sidi lahaa ha sido". Just let us know and qarxiya about the titles...then xaalku halkaas buu ku egyahay oo inaad leedihiin xuquuqda ayaa la idiin aqoonsan!

money   

thanks ..finally i got to know the guy, talked to him and reasoned with him and he was very nice and give me credit for that lame stuff. I told him he could keep it posted but somehow he felt bad and deleted it. He also told me that he never claimed or that it was not his intention to claim it but people assumed that he authored it and he didn't make it clear to them that it was the "work" of someone' else. This taught me a lesson that all you need to do is just be civil and talk to people. Anything can be easily solved if people talk and reason with each other. Misunderstandings, assumptions and negative confrontations complicate things. All that is avoided by being civil and nice and that is what I did and the guy was really a very reasonable and a good sport.Case solved. Copyright on postings on forums is not big deal if one doesn't even consider his postings as a "work" n that is where I was coming from. Nothing to sweat but the idea of "artistic bililiqo bothered me somehow. All I had was the SOL date-stamp an being still able to log into SOL and google on my side.

nuune   

Glad you sorted out yaa Money, deep investigation ayaan bilaabi rabney inaan qoorta soo qabano ninka falkaas ku kacey.

Cawaale   

well done Mr.Money. now that you sorted it out, please post more of your Somalinglish work.

If anyone claimed it this time , don't you go civil with him, rather just PM Mr.Aljazari.. :D