Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Can Muslim Attend the funeral of non muslim?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Just a quick a question for Sherbeen and the others,

• If your neighbor/coworker was a:

- known serial killer would you attend there funeral?

- a known pedophile would you attend there funeral?

- a known rapist, would you attend there funeral?
There is know obligation to enter their homes either. A khanees, a rapist, a pedophile, a munafaq etc., there is no obligation to enter their homes.

I reckon Sharban would attend all three, you confused oaf. Furthermore, he'll probably be offended that you equated someone from a different faith to a rapist and a criminal. War adigu horta dacwa ha sameen. Dadkaad nago diraysa. :D

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Khayr:

Just a quick a question for Sherbeen and the others,

• If your neighbor/coworker was a:

- known serial killer would you attend there funeral?

- a known pedophile would you attend there funeral?

- a known rapist, would you attend there funeral?

There is know obligation to enter their homes either. A khanees, a rapist, a pedophile, a munafaq etc., there is no obligation to enter their homes.

I reckon Sharban would attend all three, you confused oaf. Furthermore, he'll probably be offended that you equated someone from a different faith to a rapist and a criminal. War adigu horta dacwa ha sameen. Dadkaad nago diraysa.
:D
Why would he attend all three? I think he wont.

I think wa qalad what Khyr wrote. Haada deentis ayad caydey, if he cay back Islam wa adiga madxaga. I also agree with Ngonge, maybe you need a crash course in the principles and manner of giving dacwa, blood seef la bood waaxid. :eek:

NGONGE   

^^ I am not talking for Sherban but, from what I've seen of him, I reckon he would be on that forgives the dead (blah blah blah). :D

NGONGE   

^^ I said I reckon Sharban would go. Wax fahan. :D

And they're not that big if the person is DEAD and if you follow a faith that tells you to turn the other cheek or reminds you of 'he without sin', etc.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Khayr:

So if we are part of the human family and a pedophile or rapist was your neighbor and passed away, would you attend their funeral? How about a terrrrrorist? After all, they are all part of the Human Family and in each case, a potentional neighbor.

oh boy! did you read what you just posted? if not, I'll give you a moment... 1... 2... 3... OK...

The deceased was a good neighbor to Sayid which, going by Sayid's original post, tells me that the deceased didn't violate anyone's right, so when you compare him to criminals it makes no sense whatsoever.

Please read carefully and analyze, thinking and draw out your arguments. Don't just twitter, this ain't that site.

I'm the one who's twittering when you're comparing a dead gay man to pedophiles, rapists and terrorists?

Khayr,

I fail to see the comparison between a person from a different faith and a pedophile/rapist/serial killer.

But just to answer your silly question:

If the dead person was a pedophile, or a child killer, or someone who tortures animals, I probably wouldn't be coming to the funeral. I'd probably be in prison for killing the *******.

If the dead person was a serial killer, maybe, maybe not. Depends on what you consider a serial killer. I'd have attended Saddam's funeral if I could have, for instance.

If the dead person was a rapist, depends on who it was. I'd attend Mike Tyson's funeral even if he did rape that woman.

Just to break it down for you, one goes to pay his/her respects to a dead person if two conditions are fulfilled (unless it's a family obligation or something):

1. That person meant something to you

2. During that person's *ADULT* life, that person didn't do something that can NEVER be reconciled with your principles (such as, for me, hurting children or being cruel to animals).

Maybe to you, belonging to another religion (or sexual orientation) is unforgivable. To me it ain't. End of story.

I hope you're not an actual sheikh, because that means standards have gotten pretty lax nowadays. God is all-forgiving and all-loving, whereas man is a petty, miserable creature. Thank you for illustrating that last point so well.

Kashafa   

Sayyid,

I'm suprised at the question itself. Never heard that this was an issue.

If you can marry a non-Muslim, raise kids with a non-Muslim, eat the food of a non-Muslim, play soccer with a non-Muslim.....doesn't it follow that you can also attend the funeral of a non-Muslim ? And that you can comfort the grieving family ? And that you can send them your condolences ? And that you can help them in any way you can at this difficult time ?

The answer to all the above is: of course you can.

The Prophet used to visit and comfort non-Muslims(both Jews and Christians). The following hadeeth is sahiih and narrated by Bukhari.

Sahl Bin Hunaif (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: A funeral procession passed in front of the Prophet and he stood up(out of respect). When he was told that it was the coffin of a Jew, he said, "Is it not a soul (living being)? Narrated by Bukhari.

There is another hadeeth, also in Sahiih Al-Bukhaari where the Prophet visited a sick Jewish boy(or young man, not sure) on his deathbed and comforted him. He was so taken by the akhlaaq of the Prophet, his kindness, and his mercy that he embraced Islam right then and there.

Marka saaxib, forget what Scholar Fulaan Al-Carabii and Scholar Calaan Al-Baakistani said....waakukaasaa Seeratu Nabiyul Islam ee ku dhag

There's a serious contradiction, some would term it hypocrisy, in this thread where some nomads erroneously think that by not attending the funeral of a non-Muslim, they are somehow being "good strong Muslims". Funny then, to see these "good strong Muslims" turning around and baying for the blood of fellow Muslims, supporting and cheering the Amisom massacres as a "neccessary evil". Or at the very best, being "neutral" as in: "My Holy scholar told me zis izz fitnah, and I have to be neutral. So when Amisom rockets murder 30 women and children in one night, I hold firm to my neutral stance and do not side with anybody. I remain silent. Actually, I pray for both sides. I pray for Beenaale Bahuko as well as Abu Mansoor because they are equally engaged in zii fitnah. Some my call me a f'ing sheep, a xoolo, for this stance, but my Holy scholar assures me that he studied in Madeenah University under Super-Holy-Scholar Rabee Madkhalii and that basically, as long as I keep my head down and listen and obey the rulers, I'm on the right path. Listen and obey the rulers!"

Deen'ta hala barto, abti'yaal. Xabash'ta iyo gaalo-raaca xasooqa ba'an ka wada Soomalia dabatha aa uu dhaqaa kabaha'na waa ka dhaba qaada, markaas my neighbor oo dintay uma tagaayey waayo waa gaal, waa caqli-gaab'nida aa sheegaayay. Meesha laga rabay dhabar-adayg iyo jihaad waxaa la timaadeen jileec-jileec dhulaysan iyo is-dhiibid nifaaq ku salaysan....On the flip side, meesha la rabay naxariis iyo dacwah waxaa la timaadeen weji-qalaf iyo undue harshness(well-meaning as it is), ee deen'ta hala barto, abtiyaal.( not speaking to anybody in particular, waa general observation)

Tuujiye   

diinteeyda aniga ii daa iyo faragilintaa iga daa, shaqadeeyda weeye maxaa kaa galay any way? You're a bit of an annoying evangelist yaa Tuujiye... as you can see I know Islam pretty well, but you're upset because I don't share your convictions so wareerka naga daa iyo mind your own business...

so you admit in aad meeshaan "SOL" ugu jirtid munaafiqnimo iyo in aad caruurta SOL buuq ku dhalisid fikradooda of Islam?

Ailamos I looked at everything you wrote in SOL even in the Islam section, and you did nothing but spread confusion amongs people in here.. you questioned things that you know and ignored the truth when people told you... everyone sees your true intensions in SOL and I just want you to stop sxb...

I have nothing against you and all I want is you to be a normal Gaal in sol who doesn't bother people and their views of faith... ha iska soo dhigin nin fikradiisa ka dhiibanaayo about a debate kusaabsan diinta Islamka and throw few suxulo to dirty Islam! Is like in aad aa tahay gaal lasoo dirtay oo la dhahay bax SOL tag oo wis wis kasoo dhali lool... meelkaste ayaad taagan tahay....

So my friend I should say this to you "NOO DAA DIINTEENA EE WAA ANAGA SHAQADEYNA OO FARA GALINTA AAD NUGU HEYSID DAA" ....... I would have never seen you if you haven't constantly kept picking on and trying to dirty Islam....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

ailamos   

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

so you admit in aad meeshaan "SOL" ugu jirtid munaafiqnimo iyo in aad caruurta SOL buuq ku dhalisid fikradooda of Islam?

I did not admit such nonesense yaa Tuujiye so stop spreading your lies. It seems that you apparently cannot be content if one does not see eye to eye with you... why can't you just say "let's agree to disagree" and be on your way? lol it's as if you're forcing conformity...

I have nothing against you and all I want is you to be a normal Gaal in sol who doesn't bother people and their views of faith...

You have nothing against me??? you're kidding right? remember, every lie you throw out counts against you, being a "good Muslim" you must know that... you're continuing your name-calling because I don't think like you... it doesnt matter though, soon you will be put on the ignore list :D

So my friend I should say this to you "NOO DAA DIINTEENA EE WAA ANAGA SHAQADEYNA OO FARA GALINTA AAD NUGU HEYSID DAA" ....... I would have never seen you if you haven't constantly kept picking on and trying to dirty Islam....

More baseless accusations and blah blah blah... :D that's all I read yaa Tuujiye...

I do admit that I may have been wrong at times, no one is flawless... but adiga iyo madax adeegaaga yaa Tuujiye insist on your lies and baseless assumptions... that is the difference between me and you smile.gif

So enough with the blah blahs you're starting to sound like the sheep come eid al adha ;)

ailamos   

^^ by the way it's funny that you got agitated and upset just because I gave an opinion on Sayid's situation, yet you lie and say that you have nothing against me... what utter bullsh*t yaa Tuujiye... like I said beenta iska daa awoowe :D

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

quote:diinteeyda aniga ii daa iyo faragilintaa iga daa, shaqadeeyda weeye maxaa kaa galay any way? You're a bit of an annoying evangelist yaa Tuujiye... as you can see I know Islam pretty well, but you're upset because I don't share your convictions so wareerka naga daa iyo mind your own business...

Ailamos I looked at everything you wrote in SOL even in the Islam section, and you did nothing but spread confusion amongs people in here.. you questioned things that you know and ignored the truth when people told you... everyone sees your true intensions in SOL and I just want you to stop sxb...

I have nothing against you and all I want is you to be a normal Gaal in sol who doesn't bother people and their views of faith... ha iska soo dhigin nin fikradiisa ka dhiibanaayo about a debate kusaabsan diinta Islamka and throw few suxulo to dirty Islam! Is like in aad aa tahay gaal lasoo dirtay oo la dhahay bax SOL tag oo wis wis kasoo dhali lool... meelkaste ayaad taagan tahay....

Wareer Badanaa!!!
Your starting to sound like the moral police of some backward desert kingdom,talking about spreading confusion (its a forum, give ur two cents and ka soco, wereer badana) you were the local comedian, whats goin on in ur life at the moment. BTW, your a senior nomad, you should know better then name calling other nomads, just my cents...

Tuujiye   

^^ Naxar, one gaal at a time wait nooh!!

Ailamos qofka kili oo runta kuu sheegaayo meeshaan waa aniga saaxiib inkastoo ee dadbadan u jeedaan qurufaadkaada iyo buufiska Islamka kaa haayo.. All I'm asking you to do is to admit the truth! the reason why you are here saaxiib so at least we could help you..laakiin all your doing is down talking Islam in every topic you took in part of since you joint SOL duqa... no one kugu heysto malaha Gaalnimadaada laakiin diinteena faraha noogaga qaad... you question the basic parts of Islam adigoo og the answers to it, the true answers that is.. You want to confuse the young Public in SOL oo diintooda naciifka tahay.. saaxiib i'm not a wadaad and I'm very far from it but I know qof xun when I see one.. I love Islam and I cant let you bala bala about it everytime... Islam ka jooji jar jaritaankaan aad ku wadid Yaa Ailamos ee ilaahey ka cabso iska hanuun.. you know ISlAM is the truth and you know deep down inside you have no reason what so ever for you to ignore but sheydaan is just holding you back... ilaahey ka cabso saaxiib ee is ka soo hanuun diinta waad taqaanee...

I Guess ilaahey qof uu soo hanuunsho bas ayaa diintiisa raaca... bal waan kuu soo faataxo tufi doonaa...

Wareer Badanaa!!!