Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17

Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

Wiil 17 jira habar 117 jir ah lagu daro diintu maxay ka qabtaa?

may maya... salkuu ka ridayaa.... lama ogolaan u malayn

^^Sakeel miyaa, bahalkii biyaha lagu dhaamin jiray, lol. War maxay tahay salka aad sheegeysid, ma dumarkii ayaa noqday baaldigii salka hoose intuu ka miriro hadhowna salku dhici jiray?

Paragon   

Innaa Lillaah! Walaahi labadiinu caadi ma ahideen sxbyaal. :D

Ducaysane haddeey diintu taa mamnuucdey Odeygu maxaa loogu taageerayaa? Nafaqadii weey ka dhamaatey duqa.

Weli ma maqasheen ninkii sheekha weydiiyey: Sheekhoow diinta waan jecelahay balse waxaan aad u jeclaan lahaa (dhibba ha kugu noqotee), inaad ii baarbaarto, Doofaar laba jir ah oon weli xaaraantaba gaarin, aayadda xaaraantimeysey...

Dee waa tii uu sheekha xanaaqayoo ninkii bakoorad ka daba gamay. smile.gif

Castro   

^^^^ It is now fair to say we have beaten this issue to death. :D

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

But what about if social institutions, religion and culture included, permit such a relationship, and the girl is content with it?

Social institutions and Somali culture (invariably) approve of gudniin and clanism so they're neither here nor there. On the religion, I question the religious knowledge, nay the wisdom, of the person who consummated this marriage. And though I have no textual evidence, I would go as far as say this may not fall within the Sunnah of the rasuul which encouraged the common good and the use of common sense. Neither of these are present here.

As for the girl being "content" with it? Adults are content with many horrible things because of their circumstances. Imagine then a child who would face untold sanctions if they refused. A picture also speaks a thousand words, awoowe.

_46634932_couple226282.jpg

Castro, now you posted the picture of the man, I fully support this new family. I believe his age has been exagarated and he does seem to be any where near 100. jeestadadaa ba I dishay.

And he supports Sharif. He is very wise man.

I also realize this is one of those topics where emotions get in the way of rationale discourse. The man is old. His act is legal. The community is happy. They girl seems content. All those are facts on the ground, as far as I can tell.

Diaspora’s take on it is different. He is an old, dying man, and cannot perform basic duties of marriage. The girls say. This is unfair. The girl is young, and could have had a better, happier relationship with boys of her age in Galgaduud. This fossils’ act borders pedophilia. Another, angry SOLer wrote.

In the context of Somali marriages, there is nothing new.

Castro   

^^^^ I'm hoping he doesn't. [Damn, too late]

I know he's not condoning it but I do know why he's cheering for it. He's preparing for his own child abuse exercise down the road. :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Malika:

The picture,the thought makes me cringe..Astagfirullah!

You and the poor bride as well. Xiin is just playing. I know he is. NGONGE on the other hand, is a certified #$)(%#)$. :D

^^War ninyahow ninkaan murquhiisa si fiican u eeg. Ilaah baan kugu dhaarshee, ma nin liitaad meeshaa uga jeeddaa

Castro, raggii waraqaha gabdhaha ku shukaansan jirey buu ka haray. Odoguna waa old style