Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17

N.O.R.F   

Dennis Bergkamp :D

Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17

Hundreds of people have attended a wedding in central Somalia between a man who says he is 112 years old, and his teenage wife.

Ahmed Muhamed Dore - who already has 18 children by five wives - said he would like to have more with his new wife, Safia Abdulleh, who is 17 years old.

"Today God helped me realise my dream," Mr Dore said, after the wedding in the region of Galguduud.

The bride's family said she was "happy with her new husband".

Mr Dore said he and his bride - who is young enough to be his great-great-grand-daughter - were from the same village in Somalia and that he had waited for her to grow up to propose.

"I didn't force her, but used my experience to convince her of my love; and then we agreed to marry," the groom said.

The BBC's Mohamed Olad Hassan in Mogadishu says the marriage in the town of Guriceel is being described by Somalian historians as the first of its kind in the Horn of Africa nation for over a century.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8331136.stm

Malika   

What a selfish man,kulaha used my 'experience'...in other words bribe and corrupt a child for his own gain..arg!

Malika   

Ng..Waa bila xalal..She is old enough to be his great,great grand daughter..It is child abuse of some sort..argh.

What has he got to offer a 17yr old girl? unless,wuu sihiree..

Malika   

Oh,she just fancied herself a wrinkly old old old [emphasis on the old here]man miyaa? It is possible..but I doubt it.Isaga yiri,I used my experience to woe her..hmmm,what experience if its not money or sixiir..lol astagfirullah!

NGONGE   

Malika, not everyone marries for love or good looks. The old man might be loaded or he might have a wicked turn of phrase or he might have a good game or...or...or..

Congratulations to the happy couple.

Juxa   

look at the oldies jumping with joy!

i am with malika here, he should not ruin her childhood or rob her of her youth.

she deserved a young loser!

Abtigiis   

This deserves "Haadaa xaqulaah, xaqu daa'mu la" more than mashxarad iyo arooskeena aamin.

Odaygu muxuu iska lugooynayaa, ma isagaa tabar haya.