Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Presentations

I know you guys are probably thinking what kind of presentations right, well sorry to disappoint you put I am not talking about relationship kinda presentation(where u try to make really good impression on the opposite sex) but school one. I need your helps nomads. It seems that i study hard and make a very good reports but when it comes to presenations which is the centre of my program *Business* I do a horrible job at it. I mumble, my face gets hot, I am so nervious, I forget what i wanted to say, i confuse everybody. Worst part is words sometimes don't even come out, it so hard to speak while 50 people are looking at me. It's really embrassing. Wallahi, it's not that I am not confident, i have good self-steem alhamdulilah. I am really good as socializing. But Presentations kill my dignity, they make me look not smart at all :( . I have 6 more coming withine the next 4weeks. I need you guys to help me some how to turn my fear of presentations go away, so i can have my dignity and show the class, the good work that i put into my report(presentation).

thanx you much love ;);)

Qac Qaac   

the most important thing i found out about presentations, is to look confident, and look someone who knows what he/she is talking about, it is not sometimes the quality of the things your are presenting but, is you making it like u know what u r presenting...

the other thing is, don't look at the 50ppl's eyes, look all the way at the back wall, so ppl still think u r looking at them... and have your eye contact mark.. and u r not worried....

pearl   

practice makes perfect...practice infront of ur friends, family, mirror...the more the better and one thing i have learned about eye contact is to look right btw the eyes...so that ppl actually think ur looking but ur not....takes the pressure off .....come before everyone to class and stand there ( kinda like owing the stage) and greet everyone as they come in so that when its finally ur turn to present u wont feel soo out of place.... works for me...anyways good luck..

Raxmah   

Salaams

Sis I used to have the same problem, I know how u feel, it's not easy but its possible to make great presantations.

The most imporatnt thing in making a presantations is knowing your audiance. What their attitude is could have a great impact on your presantation. Also the timing is important-ppl hate when you talk too much - organize your notes well and divide them by must know - should know - and could know that will help you with your timing.

Practicing is great - I usually tape record my self and see how I sound and make changes on that. Audiance will give you attention if you are enthusiastic about the topic. If your voice is expressive and your gestures animated you'll appear confident and passionate abt your topic and most importantly keep the audiance's attention which is very vital for me when making presantation.

Good luck walaal and make dua so allah can help u relieve your anxiety and help you with your education inshallah.

Wa salam

FirstLady,

Don't you just hate presentations?!?! I have one on monday and Im nervous about it...but I like the nervesnous because it adds a little juice to your presentation. Trust me, all 50 people don't want to be up there either. So use the nervous energy positively...but like someone said above.....PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, until it pretty much rolls off your tongue...don't try to look anyone dead in the eye. Look at their forehead or something...lol..I find that works better.

Qac Qaac   

oh you girls are workaholic.... practice, practice, and so on...

the other one said in front of mirror, by yourself. one said, tape record yourself and make changes from there. r u all serious...

if yes.. keep on doing the good job... coz that is how u become successful in this world, work harder... don't know how, practice it, and work had at it..

Thank You guys, I will try your tips. I tried practicing in front of the mirror but it sounds really weird. U know I honestly will give a try practicing and making note. Maybe reading out loud while not looking at my notes. But how do i stop blanking out when i get infront of the class, cuz that is what happens. I feel like a little baby who lost words....seriously i blank out. Cheez......... :confused: ....i honestly have to make an effort not to do that.....is it good idea for me to picture the class monkeys.. :D .

Qac Qac, brother it has nothing to do with the confidence bro...it's just somehow my nerviousness turns to blankout(like how we experience the blackout 2003). I get speechless, to open my mouth it takes too much strengh..lol. But i love to joke....and people who know me enjoy that part, maybe i should start with something funy to relax myself....maybe making fun of my nervousness....i know my class like anything funy....what ya think?

thank you guys for all of ur help and effort.

optionated ...what do you study sis?

OG_Girl   

Salaam ,

Boy, this presentation almost made me drop the whole course . Seriously , were my night mares in my first year or so but now i got used since I have to make speech front of judges in the court . as a senior in university i got use to it.

By the way , Opinionated how ur prestation went , today was monday ? :D

salaam

OG girl, I aced it apparantly. Lost 2 points for the outline cuz the stu***d printers at my school can't be trusted. NEways, my prof writes on the evaluation that I was focused and clear and that I had nice delivery. Personally, I lost my train of thought a coupla times (both due to the fact that some dude rudely came to class late..and practically wrestled with his chair). I'm glad its over though.

Modesty   

FirstLady if you saw me today u wouldn't believe that I was such a nervous wreck when it came to doing presentations. But to many people who listened to my presentations I didn't seem at all nervous, it was all my imagination. Just focus on the present, what's real, and don't let ur imagination take over..It worked for me, I just focus on my message and it totally relaxes me.

Assl All Wr Wb

I think, it helps to be ....what was I saying? yeah, it definitely helps to have an interest in what you will be talking about. Be genuinely enthusiastic about it. Do a good research. and be yourself. Dont try to imitate or impress etc. If you have done well, none will be able to deny it, if not, it will be on everyone's face. Rest assured though, if you have given your best honestly and didnt get there, you will realise it without sense of guilty.

That how I see it, anyway. Honest works for me and I think for every decent human.

I will leave you with these words....

--One has to try before he/she fails.

--Failure are those that when they fail, never bother again.

Fii AmmaaniLaah.