Tallaabo

Military rule in Sanaag!!!

On 5/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, Holac said:

Whenever Oodweyne goes silent, all is not well in Somaliland. :)

Yes.

He must be an insider who gets really busy during bad news days.

galbeedi   

Almost all tribes in Sanaag are armed. the tribal militia and technicals are rooming in rural area without the interference of the military. 

A guy who just came from Somaliland told me that the military attends only emergency clashes but mostly hides in their camps. Yet, no one is talking about these armed tribes.

Other than the last few years, the Reer Bari never accepted a government system. 

2 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Almost all tribes in Sanaag are armed. the tribal militia and technicals are rooming in rural area without the interference of the military. 

A guy who just came from Somaliland told me that the military attends only emergency clashes but mostly hides in their camps. Yet, no one is talking about these armed tribes.

Other than the last few years, the Reer Bari never accepted a government system. 

It is why Caare scares the hell out of Biihi.

It is a delusion, and people in Burco, HARGAISA and Berbera, fall for this fake thought there was goverment and Borama , who was under this cult.

3 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Your second hand stories are becoming useless. For once, when will you be able to say "I have seen this with my own eyes" and write from a first person point of view. I will take your input seriously when I hear that from you. 

What you have said regarding all tribes are armed has been true since time memorial, probably since the invention of weapons (spears/arrows etc). It is not something unique to Somaliland either.

But saying that armed technicals roam around with clan melitias is totally untrue and completely false. Awoowe, beenta soonka way jabisaa wax aanad hubin lamasii beec-geeyo. 

The nomads have access to small fire arms and some may even hiden some big guns here and there, but that is not the common thing. And definitely there are no clans in Somaliland that operate truck mounted guns. Probably the closest is few technicals in Buuhoodle that belong to clans there and maybe few more in the hands of a renegade Colnel by the name of Falalug. 

But what is common is the common light arms like AK47s etc that every nomad family got one. And when clans fight unorganised clansmen come togehter and form a deadly clan melitia that get dispersed as quickly as they formed. 

This form of clan melitia is true everywhere in the horn of Africa these days  even Afars, Oromos and what have you have these type of armed nomads. Nothing unique.

The Somaliland National Army have absolute control over the lands its stationed at. There are no clan fights in these area. However, when the army leaves one place the clans then fight each other.