Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Feds: Somali-born teen plotted car-bombing in Ore

Polanyi   

Agents also reveal in court documents that Mohamud had told them he might be able to get a gun, because he was a "rapper."

Either this kid is retarded or mentally disturbed.

BiLaaL   

Manipulating naive youngsters and provoking them into committing violent acts is the latest weapon of Western intelligence organizations.

Recently, there was a similar case where an undercover agent (pretending to be a revert) provoked a young man by telling him about how foreign soldiers killed an innocent civilian in Iraq. The agent admitted as much during the trial - leading the judge to drop most of the charges as a result.

I feel sorry for this young brother. He has fallen victim to a dirty campaign by intelligence organizations seeking to justify their huge budgets and ability to 'protect' and avert attacks.

police-entrapment.jpg

Cara - i take it the american law allows entrapment?

thanks to english common law - this kind of things would thrown out of court in england, scotland and wales - but they don't mind doing to the irish. icon_razz.gif

Malika   

So many confused youngsters,so easy to be targeted as 'terrorist wanabe's' due to their confused state.

Every word that come out of these confused kids is taken literary by proffesionals its a real worrying trend..Criminalising them is what it is - if it wasnt for them being 'black' its for them being 'terrorists'. :confused:

I don't think one can dismiss this incident as a contrived case of entrapment galore. Apparently, the mujaahid had contacted a terrorist suspect overseas. Did he ask for assistance with his macabre jihad fantasy? This is where it all started, so the content of this conversation will be telling. It beggars belief to think that law enforcement officials just planted the idea of killing infidels in his head. Presumably, the entire sting operation is on record. His defense lawyers might have a hard time establishing that he was provoked and pressured into this operation. Finally, of course the kid seems angry, confused, and none-too-bright - all aspiring mujaahids tend to have this disposition.

Cara..It's waste of tax payer's dollars. They couldn't arrest this kid after realizing is lone-wolf with no know-how and had no means to carry out attacks.

Like everything they do, the response to any perceived threat is disproportional hence the trillion dollar debt!

Cara.   

Sayid, this is from watching endless Law & Order marathons so I'm probably wrong.

What's entrapment?

Scenario 1:

Man is heading towards his car after buying some milk from a grocery store.

A woman approaches him and says "I'll have sex with you for $100".

Man exclaims, "great! my car is just around the corner!"

Woman pulls out a gun and says "You're under arrest for prostitution."

That's entrapment.

The man had no intention of committing a crime, and would NOT have done so if the cop wasn't there.

Scenario 2:

A man approaches a scantily clad woman on a street corner and offers her $100 to hop into his car for a little R&R.

She says, "show me the money".

He pulls out his wallet.

She pulls out a gun.

That's not entrapment

The man's intention was to commit a crime, and he simply got busted by an undercover cop. If the cop hadn't been there his intention would be the same.

To me, this young man who had visions of bloodshed and mayhem in Portland is more like an 11 year old boy who goes up to the "prostitute" and offers her money for sex.

She says "show me the money."

He says, "Well, actually my allowance is only $5 a week and I spent it already. And er, I'm not even sure what sex is but it's all the rage with the teenagers I hang out with. Is it like skateboarding or something?"

Clearly the little guy had the intention, but neither the means nor the means as it were. I suppose the cop can wait around until he hits puberty, then lend him the money to solicit her, then arrest him for prostitution, and claim to be cracking down on crime. But who would do something so cynical and counterproductive?

Juxa   

cunuga inuusan ash aheyn wajigiisa laga garan!

sayid entrapment lost its meaning since the terror act (2000) hada wuxu waa fair game, not to mention common law waa at the mercy of judge's descretion, as you can imagine we are not favourates with the justice system waayahan

The whole thing sounds fishy. Boy is angry and wants to do some damage like millions of other teenagers. Boys gets set up and is supplied with IDEAS, CONTACTS AND SUPPORT. Boys wants to blow up a ******* Christmas tree?? Stupidh fooqul ******!

Generally speaking ya CHE, a sting operation is defined to being a "deceptive operation". The purpose of a sting operation is to catch the perpetrator in the act .....in short, its meant to catch him or her committing a criminal act and put him behind bars, preferably a cage where he can never get out and thats exactly what the FBI personnel involved in this case did........thus, the sting operation aka 'set up' was a success and today we have one less "Islamist thug" in the streets.....(but ofcourse you knew all of this)

On Page 1, Che, when you exclaimed "This is set up" was that more closely supported by facts or was it oversimplification on your part?

Dont you think its rather moronic to comment on others remarks and reactions about the arrest of one Muhammed---Muhammud when you yourself stated part of the truth out of context....and formed an opinion based on that partial truth, one that is neither supported by facts nor explained in depth as to why you felt the arrest of the young "Islamist Thug" was, generally speaking a " set up"?

Belief me when I say that my intent is not to make you the focus of this topic but it just so happens that your response was the first among many moronic misstatements made here and for this reason, I have decided to single you out in order to make you an example of everything wrong with the somali community today.

We went from being proud people to making news headlines every other month about something as serious as "attempting to commit violence act" against innocent civilians who did no harm to anyone. Just imagine walking down the street today, knowing that one of your brethren is ready to blast the whole block just because he is fed up and wants to make those around him suffer just as he is suffering.

Ideally, a disgruntled youth takes his anger and shortcomings on everyone but himself. He is angry and resentful and he is swimming in his own self-pity. Similarly, you have folks who cheer terrorist organizations and talk about martyrdom like they are talking shop. In our community today, to have a radical view is the same way as having mainstream views.

Discussions ranging from "who has this block under their control" or who planted the lasted bomb blast is so prevalent in our community that we forget to realize the loss of life, the blood thats shed in the name of ayeeyo or adeer, or abti hebel and habaryar heblaayo.....you couple that with a toxic environment of today and you wonder how contemplating suicide one day can be replaced with homicidal tendencies and sometimes the two thoughts can be interchangeable. Thus, thoughts turn into action and a case example is one Mr Muhamud.

In short, communities such as ours, especially in our mosques and internet forums and coffee shops made it possible for this young man to dislay his resentment and self-hating style in such a grant scale as to cause the death of thousands in an instant........(if he had his way)

Lastly, the anti-american, pro-shabaab rhetorics have consequences and today this young man fell victim to your very own politicization of Islam, so, in part, you and others are to blame for this young man's inaction.....tomorrow, we might not be so lucky......

...and just so that you do not misunderstand me, I'm in no way saying that you will intentionally harm a human being or anyone else here for that matter but cheering for the shabaab camp when they have the blood of your brethren on their hands is the same way as you pulling the trigger....if the shabaabs didnt enjoy the warm reception of the somali community, Shabaabs would not be in operation today...another child would not lose a limp from the enemies mortar....and until we can collectively say KILLING OR HAVING THE INTENTION TO KILL PEOPLE IS WRONG(not setup/entraptment etc) but that killing is wrong, full stop, WE WILL FOREVER HAVE BLOOD ON OUR HANDS........

and below is what a "SET UP" is not.....for che's eyes only....

What a 'set up' is not is when a person wakes up on the morning of november 26th, praying and hoping to maim and kill thousands of people, mostly families with children. Innocent people, who wish to gather under the square and celebrate while watching the lighting of a christmas tree.

A 'set up' is not reaching out to paki comrades abroad for the sole purpose of establishing contact with alqaeda operatives overseas in order to operate sleeper cells in the United States and plan and carry a domestic attack.

A 'set up' is anything but having desires to develop, operate andn carry an attack in the middle of an American city. Having the intent to carrying an attack on a mass scale, perhaps as much as ten thousand lives being at risk and wanting to take a lead in the operation, supply materials, gather intel, pick location all for the purpose of causing havoc, that my friend is anything but a "set up".

A 'set up' is not putting the trigger at your fingertips and attempting to set off a car bomb......

A 'set up' is not a trigger happy teenager....

......This sting operation is anything but a "set up" ya Che.......