Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Is University worth it?

NinBrown   

I think one has to be careful what they want to gain from university. People who are academic should attend university; others should concentrate on finding apprenticeships and gaining work skills.

anyhow it was worth it for me.

The only time I think university is a waste of time and money,is when you get those meaningless degrees you know the B.A arts history,

B.A interior decorations and other fluf pieces like that.

any degree after which you graduate you are qualified to do absolutely nothing .. except just to say 'I have a degree' should not be embarked on in the first place.

Another thing that puzzles me is the ones who waffle around and take subjects from every single department .. and say "I still haven't figured out what I want to do " ... well then stay out of school until you have an idea.

Kool_Kat   

University tution is only expensive for the rich...Anagoo kale (low income :D ) dadka ah, there are many financial assistance programs available...They are all waiting, ready to be taken advantage of, laakiin we find all the excuses in the world not to...OR we simply don't bother to find out whether or not such financial assistance is/are available...

Even after one graduates, there are forgiveness programs one can apply, where portion of your tuition is forgiven...

chubacka   

Uni is worth it, if you know wot you what you want to do, if its' part of the bigger picture. For many though its jst the normal route, school, college, uni with no aim @ the end of it. This year they had to creat X number of extra course places b/cause of the large no. of applications and it looks like it will continue that way.

Sophist   

Anyone who has a curious mind should indeed go to university. Apart from getting intellectually stimulated one will gain social capital which itself is simply priceless.

S.

FatB   

miss the time when higher education was free! now those who got free education are making us pay unseamly high prices' to get the same right