Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

How do you?

Can someone tell me how to say Tibisho in English?????????? I have an idea but am not sure if its right. Maybe I am spelling Tibisho wrong but basically its some kind of flu, where I think its more serious than a flu???????? So whats the word for Tibisho in English?

Haneefah   

[Edit]^he beat me to it...yes, the CDC link provides a thorough explaination of TB.

It's called Tuberculosis, and its short form-TB-is usually used. It's actually quite different from flu in that TB is a bacterial disease rather than viral; and it's caused by a bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. However, some of the symptoms of the active form of disease include severe coughing which is probably why you are mistaking it for a flu.

Unfortunately, this is a disease that's more prevalent in the developing world, increasingly inflicting those who are already suffering from malnutrition and whose immune systems are already compromised.

Originally posted by sweet_gal:

Everyone who's somali should know the word Tibisho. Or I thought everyone would know...........

Possibly true but I'm not Somali. My parents are.

I think you got the answer from Ducaqabe.

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

I'm not Somali. My parents are.

How classic! Didn't know non-somalis whose parents are Somalis existed, but I guess you learn something everyday, eh?

Thanks to all of you who replied, thats the word I was thinking ( wallahi).......Some people probably be like (yeah sure) but I was... Thanks for confirming it for me.

Originally posted by Amelia:

I guess this is a good time as any to tell you all about my 1/4th chinese ancestry and another 1/4th yemeni.
icon_razz.gif

I believe you. I also believe my eyes! smile.gif

Is time i too reveal my mom is half Sri Lankan .. gosh soon we'll run out of 100% Somalis.

one question if u don't have a Somali passports ..nearlly all of us.. are u oficailly a somali ..

and another dilema while you at this topic, if Somalia is faunctioning again , and u have a nationality from a country dual citizenship is not aloowed which will u give up .. yes i thaught u might stick to ur adopted nation.

and one more .. how this topic go from TB to nationalites via 1/4 Chinese ..

Baluug   

So what you guys are saying is that it's time for me to tell you I'm white........Wait a minute, I did that already. Never mind.