Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Ibtisam's Somali 101 class ....

Ibtisam   

Ok okay, lets see.

Beri hoore Waaxa jirtaey gaabad qurux badab, bislaatey as nuune would say. Waax qaabay nin xoolo baadan leeh and iinan bay u lahaayd ninka. One day, ninkii wuu iska tegey and naag kaley ayuu guursaaday, then xoolihiis gaabadi minweytahad waa laa qiibsad and the new one baa loo soocay, guuri weyen naag tii cuusbade waa looaga dhisey.

Markay aragety meesha waaxa kaa daacey, the new house, half of her xool gone, habeenkii ayey intay innakedi xambaaratey kaa daaqajisey. Ninki was of course with the new wife and waax baa muu ogen till subaxdii. By then she was long gone and waa laga quustey gabadi iyo iinanki.

In her misery and anger, gabadi weye luuntey, reerohoodi meeshi uguu tambaysay bey garanweys. She walked for days and nights with son till ii gaadhay dooxadii nogaal. Meeshasu waaxa ahadi meel lago baqo oo lagu yaaqaano qor iis marais [JB tell em what that is :D]

After a while, just before dark, waxey aragtay siigo soo kaacasey iyo waax soo ordaya at great speed. Then she feared for her son, so cagaha aya waax ka dayday, babababac juuf style. Markaasuu qoor iis maraiskiin iska tab dhigey.

The gabad iyo iinakedo, they were buurranayeen, so qori iis maraiski hungry baa kaa soo dacey. So he intensified his chase. Iyaad na naflaacaari by this time so tab yar mai shidanyni, sii laa iisu baacsanye baa lug soo daac Boholaha Xargaga. Gabaadi markiiay aragtey inaanay bohosha diinac uga laaban kaarin without losing ground, said bisinka and weye kala dul booday, son and all.

The qori iis maariis wuu ka dul boodii kaarii wayeh, so he said with ciil iyo caado:

Bal naag taa baadheda dayaa

bal bowdayo caadanata daya

bal buluq-baluq deeda daya

bal inanaki sidato daya

hoh iyo Boholaha Xargaga

qof xiimayeh ayah xidhaan

qof duulayah ayah dabraan

Ibtisam   

^^AKA daadqaal I think is the other word, although they are not the same thing.

Ever heard the above sheeko?? The song was laster used in the cities to bully girls.

How was your birthday yesterday, belated wishes.

Ibtisam   

You moan too much adgi, :D did you not read the first page, already fatixa aya loo akhriey the Somali language.

Serenity, you of all people, I expected you run a mile when you see a thread titled Ibtisam Somali 101! :D I mean what did you expect icon_razz.gif

P.s. Serenity, have I improved? smile.gif

Malika, I'm working on that one now, you wait and see! hehe :D

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

^^AKA daadqaal I think is the other word, although they are not the same thing.

Ever heard the above sheeko?? The song was laster used in the cities to bully girls.

How was your birthday yesterday, belated wishes.

No, i was hearing the story since i was born i guess ,, :D ,,

I'm talking about the world "qori is maris" ,, it is "geed is maris" and the same thing as "Dad qal" ,,,, someone who can change from human to one of those animals to eat people ....

Yeah, my B-day was on a freaking busy day ,, but i had a great day anyway ,,, thnx

Ibtisam, sweety, you have improved, however I think you would benefit from a few Somali classes at SOAS if you're serious. There is nothing wrong with your speaking, its just a matter of correcting a few too many double letters and tenses smile.gif

p.s. I find reading Somali a bit long and torturous to begin with, so its even more tiring when I've to think twice about the meaning.

Juxa   

Ibti, it is great story, i heard it from my ayeeyo but the version i heard was:

cakuye boholaha xargaga

nin xiimahayey xidhaan

nin duulahayay dabraan

Ibtisam   

^^^It might well be Juxa, I'm having hard time remembering the wording iyo details. Sorry, I should've written them when I was a little younger, just clenching on straws haada.

Serenity, I will inshallah look into few weekends at SOAS, you might want to come with me, you can improve on your speaking iyo reading. Then you won't get tired reading it :D

Blessed   

^ :D .

Ibts, that was a nice story. I've forgotten most of those tales, have you anymore?

p.s you've used more Somali in this one, keep it up. smile.gif

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

Serenity, I will inshallah look into few weekends at SOAS, you might want to come with me, you can improve on your speaking iyo reading. Then you won't get tired reading it
:D

Nicely done :D . But no, I certainly dont need speaking or reading classes.

Kool_Kat   

Ibts, the best advice I can give you is to refrain from 'aa' 'ee' 'ii' 'oo' 'uu', or Shaqal Dheerka dhan ka dheeroow...That's what give me a light headache when I read your afSoomaali... :D Specially when reading some words (ie. dad = people; daad = flood)... ;)

Overall, you're doing a great job, unlike the many here oo af koodii hooyo ka faana...Keep it up! :cool: